ClubAdventist is back!

The “Third Day” in Prophecy

phkrause

• Members

Paul says that Christ was resurrected “on the third day according to the Scriptures” (1 Cor. 15:4).* Where is that prophecy in the Old Testament?

Paul does not provide the biblical text he used. In fact, in the New Testament discussions of Jesus’ resurrection on the third day, we hardly find an explicit reference to a biblical text. We will summarize the use of the “third day” in the New Testament, as well as some of the answers given to your question, and suggest a possible solution.

https://adventistreview.org/the-word/the-third-day-in-prophecy/

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

I've pondered this question for a long time.

Particularly because of the Nicene Creed which references what Scripture calls the most important part of the Gospel. 

1st Corinthians 15, 3: For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the scriptures,  that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the scriptures and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve

In my Faith Tradition it is said that the entire Old Testament is about & pointing to Christ and that ignorance of Scripture is ignorance of Christ. Evidently, I'm still in the ignorant stage because I haven't sorted this one out to my satisfaction, yet. 

One possibility is: 

Hosea 6, 1 - 3. 

• Members

Pr Doug Batchelor has an interesting perspective on this. He has a radio call in show, where he answers your questions and if I can find where he answers that question I will post it!! If not I will try and recall his answer, but I will probably not do it any justice!!

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Jesus made a reference to Jonah when talking about the third day