ClubAdventist is back!

Hurricane Beryl

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

In late 1983, President Reagan sent me to the Island of Grenada, for 33 days.   While there, I was able to visit a SDA School located in the capital of the country.  I had some 400 elementary students, and in addition, one Communist teacher provided by the government as a required addition to the SDA Staff.  [That is another story, for another time.]  It should be noted that the school staff believed that President Reagan had been inspired by God to send us to Grenada.

Hurrican Beryl has done major damage to the island of Grenada and that of Carriacou.  I cannot imagine that the school that I visited has

escaped major damage.  Presently the Grenada Conference consists of about 14,000 members.  I cannot find a reliable estimate of the damage done to the SDA Church.   I expect that the Church will have future reports.  In the mean-time, remember Grenada in your thoughts and prayers.          

Gregory

• Moderators

July 3, 2024

Today I sent an e-mail to the Carribean Union Conference requesting information related to damage to SDA homes and offices.  I will inform here as I learn more. 

Gregory

• Moderators

SDA Education of big in Grenada.  Relatively recently, the Grenada SDA Comprehensive  School (High School in the U.S.) was built by the government of Grenada and turned over to the SDA Chruch.  It cost more than 8-million East Caribbean Dollars (about $300,00 U.S.) to construct.  I wonder how much damage was recently done by the hurricane.

Gregory

• Gregory Matthews locked this topic
  • Gregory Matthews unlocked this topic