ClubAdventist is back!

Painful Heart on Thanksgiving

Denise

• Moderators

Hello everyone,

Some of you know already how I love cats, and I have posted several requests asking for prayer when one of them is in trouble. I inherited 2 kittens last year, brother and sister insepatable, Princess and Godfrey. Their mother died right before my eyes when they were around 6 weeks old. We couldn't find them, for she had them outside, so I trusted in God that He would take care of them. The miracle of finding them 3 months later was a joy! Then, around April or May of this year, we lost Godfrey. We think someone shot him or an animal got to him. He never showed up again, and I had this bad feeling. The joy of watching them play together was ended. We did see him mate with his sister before that, and sure enough, she had 6 healthy kittens. What Joy again! We kept 4(2 males, 2 females) and gave 2 to a nice couple. My last request was for one of them, Squeaky. She got real sick, but got well again.

We decided to get them spayed and neutered Monday. They were born June 27th, so they are almost 5 months. The shelter here did this free. I called Monday to see how they were doing. They told me they were fine. When I went to pick them up Tuesday, they had some bad news for me. My favorite female, Bubbles, was having complications, and she couldn't go home. The doctor told me that she was not doing well, and thinks she was not producing enough enzymes to recover and that it may be liver problems. She asked me to call early evening. I called, and she said she was improving, but wanted to keep her over night to make sure she doesn't have a relapse. Well, I called today, and she was able to go home, but I would have to constantly nurse her, by giving her liquids(rebound, water) through a syringe. When I went to pick her up, what a shock! She was just lying there. I fed her a few times, and it seemed she was getting worse throughout the day. She was even bleeding where she had her stitches, and her private place. I called the vet a few times, and they said that was normal. But, I was worried. The last time I called was after hours, and they had to page the doctor. I told her my concern, and she told me to keep fluids down her. I asked her if she was going to make it, because I didn't have a good feeling about this. I knew my kitten. She told me that since she made it within the 24 hours, that she had over 50% chance of living. I then wondered, then why did they send her home? Within 5 minutes, she died in my arms, with my son watching. It was so painful to see this, and my heart is hurting deeply. It's like a nightmare to me. It seems as if no one in that Doctor's office heard my crys when I called several times concerned. I smelt death.

Even though my heart is in much pain this Thanksgiving, I am thankful that I can come and cry to our God. He always comforts me when the pain comes back. It is almost 4 in the morning, and I cannot sleep. My heart is too tender for things such as this. There is too much pain on this earth, but comfort, hope and love in God. I am looking forward to Jesus coming, and I hope it is real soon. I thank Jesus today for his comforter, his Holy Spirit to help me through this. It was hurtful to have such a healthy kitten, to only take her to get spayed, and poof, she is gone. She was in so much pain. She kept crying out until her last breath. Pray for me that God will erase those painful memories. Suffering and death is a horrible thing. I wonder also, if my heart is too tender for an animal, how much worse it would be for someone close to my heart. I thank God for taking care of the ones close to my heart that they are healthy and alive.

May God Bless all of you, and I hope everyone is having or had a blessed Thanksgiving. We all have alot to be thankful for.

I will try to post a picture of her on this as well, if I can figure how to do this. Love, Denise :-)

Be Kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another...

Monticello.gif Monticello Georgia

cat_purrr.gif19.gif

• Moderators

Here's a picture of her, hope it comes out. It may be too small, because it wouldn't post the first one, said it was too big. I will post some in the members photos section after this.

Be Kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another...

cat_purrr.gif19.gif

• Administrators

Oh, how heartwrenching! I am so sorry for your sorrow, Denise!

I don't have any pets (only children) but I have heard people tell me how attached they get to their beloved housepets. One friend recently told me that she would feel so badly if her pets died that she wouldn't get any replacements

May the Comforter be especially close to you right now

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members
icon_sad.gif Oh Denise.. I understand.... I am so sorry you are going through this... squeeze.gif

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Administrators

Oh Denise, I am so sorry. I have tears in my eyes reading about your loss and pain.

Courage

Naomi

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Moderators

Thank you Gail, Rudywoofs, and Naomi. Your love is appreciated. My sister, neice and family, and daughter were over today for Thanksgiving. My neice and daughter went out today and bought some nice gifts to cheer me up and get me in the holiday mood. I thank the Lord for using people by kind words and acts of love. Also, this may sound funny, but it seems as though the Lord is using my other 3 kittens to comfort me as well. Before I go to sleep at night, they all come close to me and lay right close to me and purr. It brings me comfort, and also the thought I still have 3 in the same litter to give lots of love to. When Bubbles was here, it seems my attention was to her mostly, then the other three. So, now I have three to love lots and am thankful for that. Thanks again you all, Love, Denise :-)

cat_purrr.gif19.gif

• Moderators

Hi Denise, I am so sorry you have had the sadness with your pets. I tried to post a comment about your pictures of them, in the photo section, but could not get that to work. She looked a delightful animal. I am so glad the other kitties are bringing you joy.

• Moderators

Thank you so much Nan. Yes, she was delightful, and very special indeed. I am thankful I was able to enjoy her for almost 5 months. I have alot of special memories of her. The kittens will be 5 months on the 27th. It's funny now, that how the kittens cuddle and ball up together. I was just in checking in on them and they were all laying there cuddled up close hugging each other and purring away. They look so sweet. Oh, Happy Sabbath everyone!! :-) Denise

cat_purrr.gif19.gif

Denise,

I am SO sorry for your loss of your precious little Bubbles. I've had very similiar situations and it hurts so bad when they pass away unexpectedly like this. God bless you for your wonderful, kind and loving heart that you have for His creatures.

Hugs and prayers

Puddles

kitty.gif

p.s. my nick comes from one of my little kitty's that God let me keep for about 7 or 8 months. I named her Angelica Puddles and oh did I grieve when she disappeared! She has always had a very special place in my heart.

• Moderators

Thank you Puddles for your kind words, and I am sorry about your little Puddles. I really liked your picture of the kitty and smiley face. How did you do that? That is so neat! You seem like such a caring person to God's creatures as well. May God Bless you also for your kind loving heart, and may you have a special Sabbath filled with His Love. With LOVE, Denise :bighug:

cat_purrr.gif19.gif

• Moderators

Hi Gina! Thank you. I didn't see your post till now. God Bless you, I hope you have a wonderful, blessed day today! Love, Denise rollingsmile

PS-I wanted to give everyone a hug for caring, love you all!

grouphug

cat_purrr.gif19.gif