ClubAdventist is back!

The remnant and Al Qaeda join forces! Is this possible?

lazarus

• Moderators

This is interesting.......

http://www.thebattleofarmageddon.com./article-1.html

It is not hard to imagine a scenario in which the current world situation rapidly moves toward the events portrayed in Revelation as part of the Battle of Armageddon. Imagine (and I know this is hard) that one or more of the jihadist leaders becomes convicted by the claims of Jesus and announces a unilateral truce. They point out that Allah is all-powerful and does not need human intervention to accomplish His purpose for the world. It is true faith that will bring about the triumph of Islam, not bombs, hatred and anger. Imagine also that this conviction becomes associated with the work of the Remnant people. Almost overnight, there would be a million new jihadist suspects in North America, and millions more around the world! Overnight the searchlights of “homeland security” in every nation could be turned on those who keep the commandments of God and have the faith of Jesus. Overnight, the situation portrayed in the book Great Controversy could be set in motion. God's faithful people would become the object of international scorn and calumny. Intelligence agencies and police forces around the world, goaded on by religious entities that feel threatened by this spiritual movement, move into action against the faithful people of God.

Dr Jon Pauline earned his M.Div and Ph.D. degrees from Andrews University in Berrien Springs, Michigan, where he is professor of New Testatment interpretation. He is the author of Decoding Revelation's Trumpets, The Book of Revelation: Too Good to Be False! and Present Truth in the Real World.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Administrators

I don't know what will happen with Islam in the sphere of end-time events, but I've always felt that SOMETHING will happen. Islam is just too big a force not to contend with

I believe that as God worked about bringing down Communism, He can certainly bring about a miracle in this area, too

It's for us to wait and see, I guess!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Moderators

I don't know what will happen with Islam in the sphere of end-time events, but I've always felt that SOMETHING will happen. Islam is just too big a force not to contend with

I believe that as God worked about bringing down Communism, He can certainly bring about a miracle in this area, too

It's for us to wait and see, I guess!

Millerites and early Seventh-day Adventists, including Uriah Smith, believed that the fifth trumpet of Revelation 9 has to with the Muslims. In fact, I have a book published in 1838 that, based on Josiah Litch's understanding of Bible prophecy, predicted the overthrow of the Ottoman Empire on the 11th of August, 1840. "The event exactly fulfilled the prediction" (Great Controversy 334,335). It could be that just as a prophecy regarding Muslims was fulfilled near the beginning of the Investigative Judgment, a great event fulfilling a prophecy regarding the Muslims will occur just before the end of probabtion. I think it's something definitely worth consideration and serious study.

I know of Seventh-day Adventist missionaries working among Muslims in Pakistan and elsewhere who say that they believe vast numbers of Muslims will accept Christ and keep the Sabbath before Christ returns. Many already are being converted, but these SDA missionaries say they expect we will yet see amazing, miraculous things among the Muslims.

SDAs have more in common with Muslims than most Christians because of our health message, which they find very attractive. While Muslims don't accept Christ as the Messiah or as the Son of God, they do believe that He was a great prophet. Also, Muslims are waiting for the coming of the Messiah and they believe that he will come after some great cataclysmic events that will destroy many people.

What Muslims want to see are Christians who are totally dedicated to their faith and uphold high moral standards. That's what gets their attention.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

Where does the papacy figure in all this?

[i didn't read all of Jon Paulien's comments.]

I know the end times will probably not turn out exactly the way I/we have them pictured; however, it seems that Ellen White was given the prophecy that apostate Protestantism will join with Catholicism to bring about the time of trouble. Does that still fit the picture?

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

Sounds pretty far fetched,,, and I mean waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out there. Much more likely that the papacy will form an alliance with muslims than the Adventist church. But it probally does make a good sermon. Maybe he will even get a book deal out of it.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

I spent 6 weeks with Dr. Paulien in New York this past summer. He is a very good student of the Bible. And he really has a love for the Lord. I respect him a great deal. He also has a passion for intercity work.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Sounds pretty far fetched,,, and I mean waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out there. Much more likely that the papacy will form an alliance with muslims than the Adventist church.

I don't think when he talks about the remnant he confines it to Adventists. Neither do I!

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Quote:
I spent 6 weeks with Dr. Paulien in New York this past summer

Do you remember that he left briefly in the middle of June? Over Father's Day weekend?

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

Yes I do. How did you know that?

I believe in Hematology.

Just for the record, I am not embarassed to be an Adventist. I am not embarassed of Ellen White. I am not embarassed of the Fourth Commandment. And I am not embarassed that the Adventist church is the remnant of Bible prophecy.

However I am embarassed of Adventist pastors that are embarassed and even appoligetic about these things.

• Moderators

Just for the record, I am not embarassed to be an Adventist. I am not embarassed of Ellen White. I am not embarassed of the Fourth Commandment. And I am not embarassed that the Adventist church is the remnant of Bible prophecy.

However I am embarassed of Adventist pastors that are embarassed and even appoligetic about these things.

saywa Uh, who said anything about being embarassed? I'm sorry that you're embarrassed by pastors who are embarassed. I'm not embarassed or apologetic just in case your refering to me.....i'm sure you can't be refering to me.....!

Einstein

Quote:
I'm not embarassed or apologetic just in case your refering to me

Glad to hear it. thumbsup

I am glad you haven't crossed over to the dark side (no reference to skin color)

I am glad you haven't crossed over to the dark side (no reference to skin color)

Shane, if Lazarus says in his deepest voice "Shane, ***I*** am your father!" , if I were you, I'd seriously concider that you run!.....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:
Yes I do. How did you know that?

Because he came here to officiate at my daughter's wedding. They had set the date a year and a half earlier, before he was scheduled to teach that class. In fact, he had picked that exact date. They wanted a date in June sometime (after my daughter's college graduation), and that was the day he had available-- at that time.

Not important, and off-topic, but your comment just brought back the circumstances of her wedding.

Since BOTH my daughters got married last year, the last on Nov. 25th, I'm still a little shell-shocked. crazysurrender

So, everybody, please pardon my drooling and jabbering. I hope to recover before Feb. 17th.

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

Regarding : "And I am not embarassed that the Adventist church is the remnant of Bible prophecy."

I will add that I am not embarassed either. But I am embarassed that we have to be so elitest that we have to broadcast and brag about being the REMNANT.

All it does is to turn people off to our message. So ... it works contrary to our mission which is to spread the love of God.

REDWOOD

I believe in Hematology.

preacher Ooooohhhhh Shame on you Laz... Someone will be along shortly to prove to you that the SDA church is the Remnant Church of Revelation... surrender

That said... I now remove my tongue from being firmly pressed into the side of my cheek...

Seriously though... I'm so glad to hear you say that!

A heart where He alone has first place.