ClubAdventist is back!

BLAIR CALLS FOR MARK OF THE BEAST

Dr. Shane

Well, I am sure that is how some will spin it.

Blair pleads the case for biometric ID cards

Quote:
Blair told nearly 28,000 people who signed an on-line petition on his own website that ID cards would make an "important contribution" countering fraud, international crime and terrorism as well as tackling illegal immigration.

Quote:
Blair said identity fraud costs Britain 1.7 billion pounds (2.5 billion euros, 3.3 billion dollars) each year but ID cards would make forgery harder, improve identity checking and make personal data checks easier.

"I recognise that these arguments will not convince those who oppose a National Identity Scheme on civil liberty grounds," he added.

"They will, I hope, be reassured by the strict safeguards now in place on the data held on the register and the right for each individual to check it."

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Moderators

There could be a relationship between these kinds of things--that is, increasing the power of the state and its ability to keep track of everyone-- and the mark of the beast, but it is not a direct one. For governments to be able to do what prophecy predicts they will do, they will need the ability to know who is buying what and how much.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I think to underestimate how closely tied technology and the mark of the beast will be is a mistake.

I think our traditional take on the mark of the beast is outdated at best!

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

There could be a relationship between these kinds of things--that is, increasing the power of the state and its ability to keep track of everyone-- and the mark of the beast, but it is not a direct one. For governments to be able to do what prophecy predicts they will do, they will need the ability to know who is buying what and how much.

If payments were made by an imbedded smart chip, all this knowledge would be right at the fingertips of whoever wanted it.

I am not into conspirary theories - but I do not think we should underestimate the power of these technological 'advances'.

• Administrators

Who knows? We know that we are to look for "something" that fits the description of the mark

The point is that we are to be ready and we are to be doing the Lord's work always, not only when we see that it's here

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Quote:
I think to underestimate how closely tied technology and the mark of the beast will be is a mistake.

Go Ahead ... Ask me ... Ask me if I really Care ???

The sooner the Lord comes and ends all this the better.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

The tradition belief is those that recieve the mark of the beast will recieve it in their forehead (symbolic for mind) or in the hand (symbolic for deed). That is they will worship the beast either becuase they are actually fooled and believe it to be right (thus having the mark in their mind) or they will worship the beast knowing the truth but not willing to take a stand (thus recieing the mark in their hand). Technology has nothing to do with it, traditionally.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

The Mark of the beast is symbolic not to be taken litteraly.

The mark in the hand is those that do the will of the religious church state laws but do not believe it.

The mark in the forhead is those that believe that the church state laws are true and does everything he or she can to enforce it.

While it is true that the chip in the hand can be turned off by the government so that those who do not comply with with the laws cannot buy or sell that is NOT the Mark of the beast. It can be used to enforce the will of the church state laws though but it is not the Mark of the beast.

riverside.gif Riverside CA