ClubAdventist is back!

Hazel

puddles

Please pray for my cousin's mother in law, Hazel. Hazel has been diagnosed with lung cancer (never smoked but was around 2nd hand smoke most if not all her life) and from what my cousin shared tonight, is in the final stages of this horrid disease.

What's making things worse (IMHO) is this family has practically nothing to do with christianity and to die w/o Christ is something I cannot comprehend. According to my cousin, when Hazel passes, she is to be cremated and buried, no service, no family gathering, no nothing and this is virtually killing the rest of her family. My cousins hubby (Hazel's son) is a long haul truck driver and he came in, said his goodbyes and went back out on the road. He told my cousin that there was nothing more that he could do or say that would improve the situation so he was going back on the road.

And to make things even more depressing, one of Hazel's nephews was just diagnosed with lung cancer THIS day. :sad My cousin didn't share his name but God knows.

I actually ended this conversation with my cousin feeling very depressed and near tears.

I am so glad I have a group of praying folks I can bring situations like this to and know they will be lifted before the Great Physician.

• Administrators

Oh!! How traumatic for the whole family!!! And even more so if they have never considered Jesus!

Praying...

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• 2 weeks later...

Quote:
this family has practically nothing to do with christianity and to die w/o Christ is something I cannot comprehend.

Puddles ... I am so sorry to hear about the death of Hazel. But I would like to point out my belief regarding her and the family not knowing Christ.

Many times because of our background we may reject what we perceive to be Christianity. It may be that Christianity was presented in the wrong way. Perhaps it had nothing to do with those who were TRYING to present it in a loving way ... but with a past unknown experience.

What I am trying to say is that sometimes those who reject Christ are rejecting a wrong image of Christ. And if they were able to understand the correct image of Christ then they would have accepted Him. We just can not know their heart. God does and He is just. So ... please hold out hope.

Many reject Christ and rightly so. I would reject the wrong image of Christ if presented to me. OR maybe I am just not able to grasp the loving image of Christ that is correctly presented because of something that happened in my experience.

GOD KNOWS THE HEART. He will base His decision based on THIS. NOT our WORKS or faulty understanding of Him.

God Bless you Puddles. You have a loving heart. I would also like to ask God to give you strength and assurance of the LOVE of God during this difficult time. He would not have any to perish.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

May the Lord be your comfort at this time

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Thanks guys. I actually never got to meet my cousins MIL but my cousin adored her. She is the one feeling the brunt of this separation right now. So, please keep my cousin Linda, her husband Sam and daughter Shelby in your prayers.

And Redwood, you are SOOOOO right...only God knows the heart and I would like to think someone, somehow was able to get the love of Jesus through to Hazel before she passed.

Blessings!

Puddly

It is good to have you here Puddles. You are part of our family.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Will pray for all those suffering from Hazel's loss.

It is so important to give as much happiness as possible to those who do not know the love of Jesus and the joy of being Abba's child.

The only happiness they may ever know is what they experience here on this earth. It is through the giving of happiness that avenues are opened to explore the glorious good news of the transforming hope in Jesus.

Clio

A heart where He alone has first place.

• 2 weeks later...

My cousin emailed and sounded so full of despair that I HAD to call her. Seems the nephew that was diagnosed with lung cancer prior to Hazel's death had surgery to remove 1 lung the day she died. He seemed to be doing well only to have pneumonia set in the other lung and he died this past Monday. So in the span of 6 days, this poor family has lost 2 dearly loved family members to lung cancer.

My cousin said her father in law is beside himself and can't seem to come to grips with all this. His name is Scotty Patterson. He couldn't even bring himself to attend his nephew's funeral.

What has made this even more difficult for my cousin is her hubby (Hazels son) Sam is a long haul truck driver and he won't be in until Easter and I imagine all this will hit him then and my cousin will basically go thru this stuff once again.

Thanks!

• Administrators

Oh, how dreadful! :(

Lord, please be a comfort to those of this family who mourn, for You have promised it in Matthew 5:4. May they ask You questions seeking Your answers and Your rest. Somehow when the things of this world are too big for us, all we have is You.

oH PUDDLES... I'm so sorry to hear this. Such a heavy load of sorrow for your family to carry. It's so hard to know even how to pray in such a situation.

Trust Abba to put the words in your mouth, I'll be praying for you and the rest of your extended family.

Clio

A heart where He alone has first place.

Thanks Clio, Gail and others!

I hope whatever words the Lord gave me helped her. None of this side of my family attend any church and in this type of situation, it DOES make things look/seem so hopeless. So sad!