ClubAdventist is back!

Why are right-wingers so nasty?

lazarus

Laz ... You don't have anything to hide.

I am the one that the mean comment was directed at.

I refuse to be offended by it. And I would offer you forgiveness if it was felt by anyone that it was merited.

Now ... if you had called me a racial slur .... well .... you know the rest.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• lazarus

• Bravus

• jasd

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Laz. Thanks for your response. I am interested in getting to know you better. I seek understanding.

I'm a country boy in Piqua, OH. Nothing special. I own a roofing company. I am a Seventh-day Adventist believer. I am 46-years of age. One lovely wife (25th coming up) and two blessed sons.

What brought you to the Adventist Movement?

olger

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Moderators

I'm a city boy (I thought u were a girl: Olga) from the UK. Background in architecture before Pastoring. Pastoring for 10 years. Ordained and holding a Senior Pastor position in Maryland. Have 1 wife, 2 boys and 12 fish.

Born and raised an SDA, came to Christ at 19!

Still puzzled why in mid thread you would want to know where I work! After one of my unsual comments.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

I refuse to be offended by it. And I would offer you forgiveness if it was felt by anyone that it was merited.

Redwood we have have things to hide! I hope you know me enough by now Red to know that that question was meant in an affectionate way.

I guess I should call you a racial slur because that would push my posts up.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

OK, my apologies for misjudging your intention, olger (seems like it's my day for apologising to you... sign I need to get off line and chill out a bit, I suspect!)

Truth is important

Originally Posted By: Redwood

Redwood we have have things to hide! I hope you know me enough by now Red to know that that question was meant in an affectionate way.

I guess I should call you a racial slur because that would push my posts up.

Well ... I am the old timer around here. I have over 900 and you are stuck at 666. Now I do not infer anything by your number. But if you want to get beyond 666 then do so but don't start the racial slurs. I have had my fill.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Just want to get past 666.

Einstein

• Moderators

Quote:
sometimes it's necessary to tell someone that they lied and that they have a pattern of lying. That's how I put it at my work.

Calling someone a liar is inflammatory. Perhaps even more so when it is true. If I call someone a liar, I am likely to cause them to switch into a defensive mode where it will be harder for me to reach them. I would think it much better to tell them they have issues with not tell the truth. However that is when talking to someone directly.

Most often the word liar is used when talking about someone when they are not present to defend themselves. It is an insult and inflammatory. I would think most Christians would choose words like misleading or dishonest rather than using such an emotionally-charged, inflammatory word.

All you say is true, of course, but I work in a situation where you have to be very direct and blunt. It is not natural for me to be that way, so I have had to force myself to do it. It's very similar to juvenile hall and my job requires me to confront kids that are there for various crimes. If I said, "You're being dishonest," they frankly would think I'm joking. They understand "lying" much better. I never tell them they are liars because that would mean they can't help lying, and I want them to stop lying, so I don't reinforce their bad self-image by telling them lying is their nature. I really do love my work. I better-- been doing it now for 20 years.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Quote:
I hope you know me enough by now Red to know that that question was meant in an affectionate way.

Certainly Laz ... I've received a lot of this kind of affection here on CA. So ... I understand. NO Problem.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Let me help y'all out

Al Franken's book " Rush Limbaugh is a big fat Idiot" is an example of a leftie being nasty to a rightie. There is some satire aimed at right wing commentay in the title too.

Einstein

Al Franken would top my list of nasty leftists. Although he is funny, so are a lot of nasty right-wingers. Bill Maher recently said things would be better if Cheney had been killed in the recent bombing. Chevy Chase called President Bush a dumb F-er. Whoopi Goldberg made a crass sexual joke to show "just how dumb I think that other bush is." Howard Dean said, "I hate the Republicans and everything they stand for."

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Quote:
there is no way you are a moderate...thats simply bizzare

Name one political issue and chances are my position on it is moderate.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Leave aside the specific word Coulter used. Is it true that the level of vitriol from right wing commentators is rougher than from those on the left? I think even the far left like Noam Chomsky is much more likely to attack policies than people, but I accept Shane's point that, being on the left myself, I may be blinded to excesses on 'my side'. Some concrete examples would be handy, though.

I find that the LEFT is so far extreme with their comments that there can be no excuse. The Right may participate in name calling but they would never wish DEATH on a person.

I was just watching the news today and they were discussing the comment of Left Wing thumper ... Bill Maher. He said he wished Dick Chaney was DEAD. Please Please ... lets return to the name calling. Names would be much better than to wish a public servant DEATH.

This is simply OVER the line. This is NOT attacking policies ... this is attacking the individual person in a personal way.

I believe in Hematology.

QR frame:

Sheesh! the hottie tossed a quip that was clever, witty, and wise... Nasty? Sheesh!

It's not as though she tossed red meat to a yellow dog cur...

I think all of that alleged "nastiness" is charmingly endearing [/grinning]

Pass the suds, better make that light. Eeuuugg! that's bad.

Quote:
I think all of that alleged "nastiness" is charmingly endearing

I think a lot of people here in CA agree with you.

The term you have used ... endearing ... has been used to describe a lot of "slurs" or worse that I have observed here.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Urrghh - referring to Coulter as a 'hottie' is scary, dude!

Truth is important

The Left Wingers may have their wish.

It has just been announced today that Chaney has a DVT blood clot in his leg. As you all know ... Chaney has a heart condition and this blood clot could kill him.

Is Maher cheering with all the Left Wingers?

I believe in Hematology.

The Left Wingers may have their wish.

It has just been announced today that Chaney has a DVT blood clot in his leg. As you all know ... Chaney has a heart condition and this blood clot could kill him.

Is Maher cheering with all the Left Wingers?

That would be sad...regardless whether one agrees with Chenney's views or not. The prospects of death are not a cause for celebration.

>>I think a lot of people here in CA agree with you.<<

Ah, shucks... I think you're just pulling the hairs on my chinny-chin-chin, yes? [/smilin']

>>Nastiness is never endearing.<<

"I think all of that alleged "nastiness" is charmingly endearing [/grinning]" [ed] --jasd

Semantical orly

>>...2 cents.<<

You're too modest. bwink