ClubAdventist is back!

What is it about Hillary?

lazarus

• Moderators

She has all her husband's faults, and none of his charm.

C'mon now, Ed. The only one, single fault Bill has [iMHO] relates to a part of his anatomy which is absent in women. How, then, do you figure Hillary has the same fault?!

bwink

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

Quote:
The only one, single fault Bill has [iMHO] relates to a part of his anatomy which is absent in women.

Perceptions differ. Someone asked the question. I answered.

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

Quote:
OOoooooh...you mean, when she got all the divergent people with various views on the subject, minus all the lobbiests and monetary persuaders into one room and tried to hammer out a govermental policy that would actually reform health care and create CHANGE in the healthcare system....That's what you mean by "secret meetings"....

Unless you desire to change our government Neil ... we live in a Democracy and we do things in the open so we as a people know what our government is up to. We have a right to monitor and advise what our government is doing. To do things in secret does not allow for the people to be aware and have recourse. Knowledge is fundamental. If you prefer having a King or Queen dictate to you .... then by all means vote Hillary.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
the Republicans had their feelings hurt and started looking for some way to torpedo the whole plan.

Well, not quite so easy. The Republicans were the minority. The Democrats controlled both houses of Congress and the White House. So it would have been impossible for the Republicans to have stopped the plan without help from some Democrats. IMO, some high-powered lobbyists worked both sides of the isle to prevent it from happening. Not getting nationalized health-care was President Clinton's biggest failure. After he lost control of Congress in 1994, the Republicans took over the agenda and most of President Clinton's successes were part of the Republican agenda.

Quote:
here seems to be no question but what Hillary is the best qualified of all the presidential candidates

Well, there is obviously a question or we wouldn't have people supporting other candidates. The fact she has already been in the White House for eight years certainly places her in a position the others are not in.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Hillary messed up the Health Care agenda - and secrecy was a big part of it.

Anyone else remember Bush's similarly secret energy policy meetings?

/Bevin

• Moderators

Just by way of summary.

Quote:
for one thing she was appointed by her husband to "solve" Health Care.

Quote:
She held secret meetings and tried to push "No Choice" health care down our throats.

Quote:
She is behind big government.

Quote:
She wanted big brother to decide which doctors you could go to. Luckily America said a big NO to her.

Quote:
Hilary Clinton offended many American housewives when she said that she isn't a wife that stays home and bakes cookies.

Quote:
She made a mocking reference to some Tammy Wynette song, "Stand By Your Man". Of course a few years later, during the Lewinsky scandal, she found herself fulfilling the words of the song she had earlier mocked

Quote:
Her voice is inherently irritating as well

Quote:
She has all her husband's faults, and none of his charm

Come on y'all there must be more to it than the above.

BTW, Shane did give a link from wikipedia that lists the "scandals" she was involved in.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

D'oh! You just beat me to it, bevin. (And FWIW I think it's wrong whoever does it, including the Clintons - openness and transparency in government are crucial and threatened.)

Truth is important

Yes Bravus. Now there is an honest statement without the partisan spin !!!

And Laz ... I think that the list against Hillary is pretty comprehensive and persuasive. I wouldn't belittle it.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
Shane did give a link from wikipedia that lists the "scandals" she was involved in.

Shane also said a lot of strong negative feelings (aka hatred) toward her husband spills over on to her.

• Moderators

Quote:
Shane did give a link from wikipedia that lists the "scandals" she was involved in.

Shane also said a lot of strong negative feelings (aka hatred) toward her husband spills over on to her.

I think everyone is going to be surprised at how strong a race Hillary is going to give the Republicans. In fact, I think there's a very good chance she will be our next President-- unless she messes up badly. I won't vote for her myself but if she can get millions of women first-time voters to cast their ballots for her, she will win. I like Fred Thompson or Gingrich (yes, I know he's Catholic but so is the next man on this list) or even Guilliani. McCain is good but he is too old to be running as far as I'm concerned.

I wouldn't vote for a Mormon for President because I know too much about their official teachings and can't believe an intelligent, thinking person can believe in the hogwash they teach about the Book of Mormon.

(I'd love to ask him about some of those-- God killing tens of thousands on this continent because some people half way around the world murdered His Son; "reformed Egyptian" indeed!; brass plates taken to heaven so no one can see them; testimonies by men, most of whom were later excommunicated by the saints as being liars, who can't read reformed Egyptian, yet want us to have faith in their word that the book of Mormon is genuinely translated from "reformed Egyptian", a language that never existed; and finally not a single shred of archeological evidence or artifacts supporting the truth of the book of Mormon. Oh, and their belief that God the Father was once a baby and that He got to be who He is by obedience to the laws of some other unknown, unnamed God, who in turn... Yeah, that's an official belief of theirs.)

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Quote:
we live in a Democracy and we do things in the open so we as a people know what our government is up to. We have a right to monitor and advise what our government is doing. To do things in secret does not allow for the people to be aware and have recourse. Knowledge is fundamental. If you prefer having a King or Queen dictate to you .... then by all means vote Hillary.

Oh, Like the current bill hammered out in secret for Imagration reform ,...Or were you talking about any legislation that was worked out in secret between differing parties in political power..Or how about the 'evidence' against all Guantanamo detainees supplied by the goverement that we are to accept as fact, but no one can confirm that evidence as it is 'classified'.

And YOU think that this is an "open democracy"?

....ISn't this some sort of reflection on how church works????

You know, when teacher/pasters/elders go astray, the school board/church board meets behind closed doors and hammer out what is to be done with the wayward individual.

So what are you talking about "open" democracy???

I think this is more of a representative form of goverment....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

There *are* times, IMHO, when secrecy is paramount. I hate to think what kind of life we all might be living had Operation Bodyguard failed because the NYTimes or some other let's-live-in-infamy duckie decided we all *needed* to be advised and aware . Vielleicht sprechen wir "Heil Hitler" und Deutschland Ueber Alles zusammen singen.

If openness and transparency is so great, why is there a rather strategic code-like book in the Bible called "Revelation"?

Quote:
I think there's a very good chance she will be our next President-- unless she messes up badly. I won't vote for her myself but if she can get millions of women first-time voters to cast their ballots for her

It will be an interesting race for sure. I have no doubt about Hillary's ability to be President. My biggest concern in regard to her are the judges she would appoint. Activist judges are more than a bit scary to me. However I may actually vote for her depending upon who she is running against.

Hillary is better qualified than Obama but she carries a lot of political baggage. Exit polls have shown that a female candidate cannot always count on getting enough of the female vote to make the difference. Obama is seriously lacking in experience but has much more charm and likability that Hillary.

• Moderators

However I may actually vote for her depending upon who she is running against.

(Lazarus falls of his chair, spills his DECAFFINATED coffee on his new khakis and then reboots his computer).

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Originally Posted By: Shane
However I may actually vote for her depending upon who she is running against.

(Lazarus falls of his chair, spills his DECAFFINATED coffee on his new khakis and then reboots his computer).

(Neil picks up Lazarus, sets him in his chair and pulls up a chair and looks over at the screen.)

I dunno, Laz...He might be pulling our chains and seeing what type of reaction we are gonna have....

Either his kids are working on him, and thus changin' his views/philosophies.... or he is gonna make a big cunnundrum of himself.

He still talks like a neo-conservative though.....

....maybe it's his enviorment...After all, he lives in texas...Can anything good come out of texas...?

Wait, I know one non-political thing that has come out of texas, and she comes to this board on occassion...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Moderators

Quote:
Hillary is better qualified than Obama but she carries a lot of political baggage. Exit polls have shown that a female candidate cannot always count on getting enough of the female vote to make the difference. Obama is seriously lacking in experience but has much more charm and likability that Hillary.

I think Obama is a "nice idea" but when the campaign really gets going we'll see that for this time around he'll make a good VP, not a president.

The reason I asked the original question because I feel that so far I have yet to see someone really articulate any real "meaty" objections to Hillary. Hannity is calling his show the "stop Hillary express" which tells me that he understands that she is the real threat. He kbnow she has what it takes to win the presidency.

Shane I always knew there was a liberal inside of you just waiting for me to bring it out. My "Lazarus powers" are working.

fro3

Einstein