ClubAdventist is back!

Do you think they will admit they were wrong?

lazarus

• Moderators

Court documents that have recently been relased confirm that Valerie Plame was covert.

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/sections/news/070529_Unclassified_Plame_employement.pdf

Do you think all the right wing pundits (Hannity, Ingram, Limbaugh etc.) who said she was NOT covert will now conceed she was covert?

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dr. Shane

• bevin

• there buster

• Bravus

I don't know. Do you think they will ever prosecute Richard Armitage, the fellow who actually revealed her name to the press?

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

Quote:
Do you think all the right wing pundits (Hannity, Ingram, Limbaugh etc.) who said she was NOT covert will now conceed she was covert?

She was not "covert" at the time that all this happened. Even her husband had "outed" her before it went to the press.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

If we don't care who did it, then her status is irrelevant.

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

• Moderators

Quote:

She was not "covert" at the time that all this happened. Even her husband had "outed" her before it went to the press.

Naughty, naughty Redwood, you didn't click the link did you?

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

I dont think they will because they "let him off" so they could possibly get to who instructed him to do it!

Einstein

Guess you haven't been following this closely. No one instructed Armitage to do it. He's quite clear about that. And since he a)worked for the State Dept., not the White House, and b)he was a critic of Bush, he did whatever he could to undermine Bush, not the other way around.

• Moderators

I believe there were two separate sources of the leak. One was Armitage at State and the other, not named but likely Rove, was in the White House. The story quoted below said Armitage was the first leak and Rove confirmed it. That still means Rove revealed the information while she was covert.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/08/30/leak.armitage/index.html

Laz's question was quite specific though: will right wing pundits who unequivocally said that Ms Plame was *not* covert now issue retractions? That's an empirical question, so I guess we'll have to wait to see whether they will.

Truth is important

Originally Posted By: Redwood
Quote:

Naughty, naughty Redwood, you didn't click the link did you?

You can't be considered covert is your "covert" status has been compromised by your husband. Yes she was technically "covert" but in reality since her husband had talked about her in public .... she was not effectively "covert".

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
The story quoted below said Armitage was the first leak and Rove confirmed it. That still means Rove revealed the information while she was covert.

This is a real reach. There are a number of actions which change things permanently. Being 'covert' is one of those things. Once it's made public, she's never covert again. Your statement makes exactly as much sense as the following:

She was a virgin until A took her virginity. Then B took her virginity the second time.

OR

She was alive until A shot and killed her. Then B shot and killed her a second time.

OR

She was covert until A revealed it. And she was still covert when her husband revealed it. And she was still covert until B revealed it.

Obviously B is the real culprit.

The far right-wingers will probably admit they were wrong about this when the far left-wingers admit they were wrong about Saddam having WMDs that he claimed to have destroyed. My bet is that it is not going to happen.

One thing that seems clear, is that the reporting on this story has lacked credibility from most of the sources that covered it.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Moderators

The far right-wingers will probably admit they were wrong about this when the far left-wingers admit they were wrong about Saddam having WMDs that he claimed to have destroyed.

??....not sure what u mean

Einstein

• Moderators

You can rest it if you want but r u saying that sadaam did have WMD?

Einstein

Coalition forces have found over 500 pre-1991 weapons that were banned and Saddam had claimed that he destroyed.

Coalition forces found over 500 rusty and decaying poison gas shells left over from the millions used in the Iran Iraq war - and a few extreme right-wing people claim this satisfies the WMD criteria for the war. Even the Bush Whitehouse doesn't make this claim.

/Bevin

• Moderators

'WMD' is such a convenient term, because there is no fixed definition: it means what I want it to mean.

Truth is important

• Moderators

Originally Posted By: Shane
The far right-wingers will probably admit they were wrong about this when the far left-wingers admit they were wrong about Saddam having WMDs that he claimed to have destroyed.

??....not sure what u mean

Me either.

BTW, Valerie Plame is coming out with her own book on the subject, due to be released in a couple months. [i forget the title.]

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

'WMD' is such a convenient term, because there is no fixed definition: it means what I want it to mean.

Actually, I believe that the Bush Administration was using WMDs to refer to Nuclear bombs and Biological weapons...None of which were found...nor evidence that they were being manufactured. At least, that is what the news media was reporting about before the war.

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

So here my point is well made. We have had bevin, bravus, jeanine and neil all post reasons why they shouldn't admit they were wrong about Saddam lying. Fact is, no matter how one wants to play with semantics, over 500 weapons were found that were banned. These are weapons that Saddam claimed he had destroyed - not lost track of. Saddam lied.

BTW: I can admit I was wrong about Plame. My opinion was based on various sources of news I read, listened to and watched. All of which don't appear they had the whole story. However that is not to say those critical of the Administration were right. That doesn't appear to be the case either. Seems a lot of people were saying a lot of things and very few people knew the real facts of the situation.

• Moderators

But the question was not whether Saddam lied, but whether Saddam had Weapons of Mass Destruction. I maintain that under any sensible definition of that term, he did not.

Truth is important

• Moderators

Shane, come on, give it up! Only you, Sean Hannity and his wife believe this stuff.

Do you really think the Bush admin would not have trumpeted that find as justification for war if it was WMD that Rumsfelt said was "in and around Bhagdad, North South East and West" :duno

Einstein