ClubAdventist is back!

Answered Prayer and Invitation

David Koot

I just am not sure where to post this on C/A! But I first want to mention a real answer to prayer. Six years ago, my wife divorced me. Since that time, I have wondered what would be in God's plans for the rest of my life--to go it alone, or to remarry. In consultation with a number of Adventist ministers and others, it appeared that I have Scriptural grounds to remarry. Different options were available, and opportunities presented themselves over the intervening years. As this happened, I would take it to God in prayer, asking God to intervene to accomplish His will. Each time, something came up, and the relationship ended, or things became clear in other ways.

At this time, however, I feel blessed with an answer to thos prayers. God has sent someone into my life who is very special, and after much prayer and careful reflection, and what appears to be clear evidence of God's leading, we have decided to get married.

We would like to let those on C/A know about the event, and welcome anyone who would be able to attend. The wedding will take place this coming Sunday, July 29, at 2:00 p.m. The location is the Petaluma Seventh-day Adventist church, 2695 N. Petaluma Blvd., Petaluma, CA 94952. A reception follows in the church's multi-purpose room.

Also, please do remember us in your prayers. Thanks!

Dave

David, I am so excited for you! God is good!! I wish you the best! I hope your life is filled with happiness and contentment in the spouse God has sent your way!

God bless!

Thank-you, Taylor! And the circumstances of this answer to prayer have proved so interesting and helpful. For some time, I had been prayerfully seeking to know God's will. God worked through Stan to help make it clear. One day as we were talking on the phone, Stan asked me how I was doing, we chatted for awhile, and then he said, 'Dave, you need to get married.' Well, that was very helpful! Then, the Conference ministerial director gave His blessing, as well as both pastors at the church I was attending, and people in the Christian community. As I matched that up with the circumstances, I saw a good match--someone who shares my values, who appreciates the ministry to which God called me, who has a personal interest in ministry and in working with people, who is a great communicator and likes to work things out, who is very talented, someone I felt comfortable with, and who likes/loves me for who I am. To say nothing of the fact that she likes to cook! (okay, rotten tomatoes coming my way, I know) Etc., etc. It all seemed to fit together. Then, I saw the handiwork of satan trying to disrupt the relationship, and I guess that really clinched it. So, I am thankful to God, and also appreciative of the solid affirmation which has come from a variety of sources. This woman is a blessing, and I am thankful to God for her.

Dave

Congrats to you and your new wife Dave. Here's some counsel that I followed when Denise and I were married. Pray to see if the Lord would have you follow that.

Deu 24:5 When a man hath taken a new wife, he shall not go out to war, neither shall he be charged with any business: but he shall be free at home one year, and shall cheer up his wife which he hath taken.

Norman

The unconditional pardon of sin never has been, and never will be. PP 522

• Moderators

Congratulations, Dave. I can do no more for you than to pray for God's blessing on your marriage and wish you to be as happy as Sammy and I are. I hope the 29th goes well and is the beginning of a wonderful relationship where you will both feel you are fulfilling the will of God.

• Moderators

Congratulations, David! I'm thrilled about your news.

And chalk up another one for good old Stan. He knows everybody here, and he is such a supportive guy. You were lucky [or blessed] to be talking with him on the phone and to get his enthusiastic advice.

And Charis -- that e-card is just beautiful!

So many good things happen, sometimes when we least expect them.

Blessings on you and your bride, David, as you establish your new home together.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

Thanks for your kind wishes, Jeannie! Things are frenetic!!! right now. But that will pass. Thanks again!

Dave

Thank-you, Nan, for your kind words and for your good wishes in our behalf! I'm sure I'm not everything that your Sammy is, but I will try my level best!

Dave

Thanks, Norman, for your thoughts. I am, indeed, not going out to warfare. Although the Mrs-to-be is active with me in ministry. Full speed ahead, I say! But with private time too.

Dave

• Moderators

Thank-you, Nan, for your kind words and for your good wishes in our behalf! I'm sure I'm not everything that your Sammy is, but I will try my level best!

Dave

Dave, your job is to be yourself! I was only wishing that your marriage is as happy as ours :)

• Moderators

May God Bless you both as you start your new life together! :)

glitterimage110.gif

Be Kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another...

Monticello.gif Monticello Georgia

cat_purrr.gif19.gif

Awwww, thank-you Denise. That is a nice smiley! The big day approaches. I think we both will be totally worn out by the time the wedding is over!

• Members

Well David tomorrow is the big day. I was going to say good luck, But luck has nothing to do with it. Because as you have stated above that God brought the both of you together. And that than makes it a blessed event. So God be with both of you and keep you both faithful to him and each other.

pkrause

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

Hey Dave,

Congratulations! I'm glad for you for sure but I suppose this means we will see you much less on CA from now on.

It would be great if you could post a wedding pic, maybe on PM if you feel that is best.

Hope tomorrow is the first day of the happiest years of your life.

May God bless both of you. John317

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Hope your day was a good one Dave.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

The same hope from here but I guess it might be a few days before we see him back.

I think with a second marriage you have the opportunity to bring more maturity and hopefully more tolerance and understanding to the relationship - and that should help make things very good. (Well that is what I have found anyway - and I hope the same for Mr and Mrs Dave.)

• Moderators

And welcome back too. By the way, I saw those fantastic Russian, early 20th century paintings you posted. Paintings like those would be ideal for illustrating the stories and novels of Leo Tolstoi and Turgenev. Thanks very much for sharing them.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.