ClubAdventist is back!

David Mills

Joe_in_RP

David Mills of Belleville Michigan died Sabbath as a result of motorcycle accident in Berea Kentucky. Death was almost instant. He is survived by his wife Kimberly, stepson Justin(6) , brother Mark, sister Deana and both parents George & Elaine of Ann Arbor Michigan. Please pray for the family.

• 3 weeks later...

Joe, tell us something about David Mills of Belleville Michigan. Motorcycling is such a dangerous but exciting transportation. A man from near Belleville, Ontario died on a motor cycle from an old man backing into traffic and killed him in front of my son's friend. Something you would never forget.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok Ellen I will. Our church has a group of motorcycle owners including me. We have the fast sport bikes. One of our members drives carelessly. We used to go on riding trips. We knew someday there would be an accident. There have been several. Mostly scrapes here and there. We thought the careless one would get really hurt one day. Well this weekend five of them went to Kentucky to ride the twisty roads. I could not go because of the Lords work. David and his brother have/had Honda CBR 1100's . The second fastest bikes on the planet. The will go 180 Mph. Neither David or I have ever had an accent. We both have had three bikes and years of expierence. Well the group was out for a sabbath ride and got strung out by about 30 seconds each. David was apparently trying to catch up with the leaders. He was going way to fast. It is easy to do on that bike. No one saw him , but he hit the guard rail going to fast. His helmet hit the post and he was killed instantly. His brother and friend came upon him 30 seconds later and the two if front noticed the delay and came back about 2 minutes later. David was the safest driver of all of us. It is very tragic. He was 33 years old. He was a very shy man. He was just getting ready to start some neighborhood bible studies. His funeral drew over 500. I saw his 27 year old wife tonight. Even after several weeks she is still in shock. I am not sure she will ever recover. Maybe, but there is no signs of it yet. His mom and dad are in extrodinary pain. Right now all the bikes are in storage because of the winter weather. I don't know what will happen in the spring.

Thanks for the additional information. My husband was an academy classmate of David, and was pretty shaken up over the news of the death. He couldn't attend the funeral due to it being the same day as medical treatment (and another friend was unable to make it because of the bad weather the night before--the twister missed their house by 1/4 mile). My DH said that David was one of the nicest guys he knew. Michelle