ClubAdventist is back!

Batchelor Football

Woody

The actual title of this should be Batchelor vs. Football.

I have a split screen TV.On Half of it I am watching Pro Football. On the other half I am watching Doug Batchelor.

I have the option of turning the volume up or down on one or the other. I got to thinking .... is this a good measure of my spirituality as to which one gets the most volume?

What volume do we give to spiritual matters?

I am afriad that if I kept track .... The Football game gets more of the volume ... more of the time. At least on Sundays.

I am not that bad ... (at least in MY mind) .... I only watch two games per Sunday. I usually don't watch the third one ... just out of guilt by the end of the day.

What do you guys think? Where am I at on the spiritual scale? Do I need to give up one more game in favor of Batchelor. Should I have the volume on more and keep the games muted? How could I compromise? I have tried having both with equal volume but it does confuse me.

Any ideas?

PS. For those who oppose me ... maybe you could excuse yourself from my spiritual scale assessment. Thanks. I want to keep things positive. !!

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Sounds like BatchelorBall :) .

Perhaps a good suggestion would be to go outside and play football for 1 hour, then return inside and watch Doug.

oG

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Good one Olger ... I will give you ten points for that.

I would give you even more if I was actually a bachelor !!

lol

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

What do you guys think? Where am I at on the spiritual scale? Do I need to give up one more game in favor of Batchelor. Should I have the volume on more and keep the games muted? How could I compromise? I have tried having both with equal volume but it does confuse me.

Any ideas?

Does a reply from a non-guy count?

I kept wondering what your wife thinks! Does she get any of your time on Sundays??

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

Originally Posted By: Redwood

Any ideas?

Does a reply from a non-guy count?

I kept wondering what your wife thinks! Does she get any of your time on Sundays??

If she were to come in the door ... I would drop everything. Today she had board meetings, business meetings, Bible studies and helping a lady with a dying husband. I didn't see her till 9:00 pm. Being a Pastor's Spouse ... is lonely business unless I am watching FOOTBALL !!

I believe in Hematology.

I don't see how you can get anything out of either activity doing it that way. Can you tape one and then watch the other completely guilt free? If taping is not an option, then watch the game all three of them guilt free, you are thinking about them anyways, then during the week read extra in your Bible. Football season will be over by the end of January.

Hope this helps.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

Thanks Liz. A great idea. I just guess I am so used to multi-tasking that I don't feel productive unless I am doing several things at one time. The problem is like you say ... you end up not really getting the full benefit of anything. It actually becomes an amalgamation type experience if you know what I mean.

And yes ... by February I will not have the problem of Football ... but then it will be GOLF. And I am a big Tiger Woods fan.

Blessings ..........

I believe in Hematology.

I don't see how you can get anything out of either activity doing it that way. Can you tape one and then watch the other completely guilt free? If taping is not an option, then watch the game all three of them guilt free, you are thinking about them anyways, then during the week read extra in your Bible. Football season will be over by the end of January.

Hope this helps.

Well, not being a sports fan at all :R , I can see how one could easily watch/listen to Doug Batchelor while keeping an eye on the score. And anything worth watching will probably be instant replayed, and you could catch all the highlights that way.

Good point Carolaa ... I have "lifetime" TIVO ... so if at any time I want to freeze the game or go back and replay it ... I can.

I guess this demonstrates that I am a true TV addict.

All you have to do is to drive by and see the two dishes to be assured !!

I believe in Hematology.

Good point Carolaa ... I have "lifetime" TIVO ... so if at any time I want to freeze the game or go back and replay it ... I can.

I guess this demonstrates that I am a true TV addict.

All you have to do is to drive by and see the two dishes to be assured !!

And I bet you can watch 2 programs at the same time while you're chatting on CA and talking on the phone!

ROFL

How did you know that was what I was doing? Am I that transparent? But if there is a good football play I might pause it.

I believe in Hematology.