ClubAdventist is back!

What IF

Guest truthseeker007

Guest truthseeker007

personally, i have did some bad things in my life. I carry my guilt every day. It s the reason i am not able anymore to live a normal live. This brought me to the following issue. What if Adolph Hitler in 1945 was truly sorry for the things he had done, repented and was baptised in a seventh day adventist church, would he be forgiven? Personally i think he should be forgiven, because a baptism and repentance is the beginning of a new life. Or am i wrong?

hmm, coffeecomputer.gif

well.....Corrie tenBoom forgave the wickedest guard from the Ravensbruek concentration camp, but she needed the Holy Spirit to do so. And the guard was not an SDA, and who knows if he was baptized or not.

Adolf Hitler? I won't even pretend to forgive him.

personally, i have did some bad things in my life. I carry my guilt every day. It s the reason i am not able anymore to live a normal live. This brought me to the following issue. What if Adolph Hitler in 1945 was truly sorry for the things he had done, repented and was baptised in a seventh day adventist church, would he be forgiven? Personally i think he should be forgiven, because a baptism and repentance is the beginning of a new life. Or am i wrong?

truthseeker007, you are absolutely right! Don't let anyone tell you you're on the wrong path to nearness with G-d. I think he should be forgiven as well, and brought to the cross just like everyone else. We are all sinners and fall short of the glory of G-d. If I cannot wish and hope for the forgiveness of my bretheren (and yes, Hitler, is one of my bretheren), then I have no hope within me.

Dachau

Birkenwald

Auschwitz

Buchenwald

Ravensbruek

Birkenau

Poor, misunderstood Brother Hitler. Perhaps he didn't read EGW.

His *reward* is best left in God's hands.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

IF Hitler was lost ... don't you think he would have made Ellen White's list of those who are lost? Here is the list ... and I don't see his name listed.

Are you saying that if EGW was a true prophet, she would have foreseen Hitler's rise to power after her death and included him on the list?

I think the books will be opened in Heaven for ALL to see.

I believe in Hematology.

I think they are both a choice and a gift. God gives us the gift of wanting to do what is right...that can only come from God. But ultimately we have to make a choice to ask for forgiveness or to accept forgiveness. God doens't force us to repent but he gives us the desire to do so, if our hearts are open to his leading.

(I probably just muddied the waters futher...but those are my thoughts.)

Good Point Taylor. I agree. Like all "gifts" ... we have to accept it as given.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

In my picture of God, I can see Him weeping over Adolph Hitler, because Hitler made his choice against God. But I can't see Him forcing anybody to follow Him against that person's will.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

I think they are both a choice and a gift. God gives us the gift of wanting to do what is right...that can only come from God. But ultimately we have to make a choice to ask for forgiveness or to accept forgiveness. God doens't force us to repent but he gives us the desire to do so, if our hearts are open to his leading.

(I probably just muddied the waters futher...but those are my thoughts.)

Seems to me that all of us could stand a good dousing of those "muddied waters", Taylor.......

But then again, someone would get technical and say that we were practicing a form of baptism...called sprinkling...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

What if Adolph Hitler in 1945 was truly sorry for the things he had done, repented and was baptised in a seventh day adventist church, would he be forgiven?

I may get stoned for this,...... repentance is a gift...

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

Originally Posted By: truthseeker007
What if Adolph Hitler in 1945 was truly sorry for the things he had done, repented and was baptised in a seventh day adventist church, would he be forgiven?

I may get stoned for this,...... repentance is a gift...

I don't recommend smoking, but I hope that what your smoking includes grace as well.... grouphug

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

I think repentance is clearly a gift. But if we say no choice is involved we get into predestination and say that God is selective about who He gives the gift of repentance to. And yet, God is not willing that any be lost. So, in my mind, God offers the gift of salvation to all.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Quote:
I don't recommend smoking, but I hope that what your smoking includes grace as well....

Neil ... it took me a few days to figure it out ... but as usual you provide a good laugh for us. Thanks.

I believe in Hematology.

Hey Truthseeker007

Yousaid

Quote:

I just saw this and it interested me. We ahve all done bad things in our life and it is true that some have a greater affect on us than other and that God views certain things as worse than others. Joh 19:11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

Unless you have committed the unpardonable sin (which is an ongoing rejection of God), it is of great importance that you know you can be forgiven. God is not the One telling that you can't be or that you were too bad or that, that is why Jesus died, to pay for what you have done.

One thing about sin is that the more you do it the less conscience you will have to respond to the Holy Spirit. Last minute conversions generally happen when the person has been convicted for a long time and finally have given themselves to the promptings of the Holy Spirit. This was not the case with satan's pawn Adolf Hitler. He did not confess nor did he want to be caught but rather ran from judgement like Judus and killed himself.

For anyone to say that he will be saved or might be, is to misunderstand sin and the mission of Jesus. It will also affect how you live your life.

To answer your question, if he accepted the gift of repentance and learned the truth and decided to become a member of this church he would not have been able to do so. Not because the church would refuse him but because he wouled still have to pay for the crimes he has committed by death.

But to embrace someone who has not repented of such horrific crimes and has not shown the fruits of genuine repentance, is a terrible mistake. Those who do such a thing would receive the wrath of common people and would do great damage to preaching the Gospel. They'd say, "if you accept the thing and he has not even changed or repented we want nothing to do with your God." They would be right in condenming us.

Norman

The unconditional pardon of sin never has been, and never will be. PP 522

I would like to point out to you truthseeker ... that you

ARE SAVED

We are all predestined to be saved. The scriptures give us that assurance as does Ellen White.

All you have to do is accept that gift. It is yours for the taking. And if you want to accept it ... then you don't have to have ANY concern about the unpardonable sin . For if you have committed the unpardonable sin you would not be coming to Him for your Salvation.

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
We are all predestined to be saved.
could you provide verses and references please

Quote:
if he accepted the gift of repentance and learned the truth and decided to become a member of this church he would not have been able to do so. Not because the church would refuse him but because he wouled still have to pay for the crimes he has committed by death.

Norman. Could you explain this theory to us a little more. I am not sure what you are saying. Since we all sin ... do we all have to pay the price of our crimes? Or does Jesus pay the price for us? Why would he not be able to be a member of this church? Or have I misunderstood you?

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
We are all predestined to be saved.
could you provide verses and references please

I would encourage you to pray about it.

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
I would encourage you to pray about it.

No you need to provide proof before you confuse someone who is in need of help, according to what I have read!

You will never find that because it does not exist. here's what the Bible says 2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

You won't find where God says that everyone is predestined to be saved. He wants that, but knows the beginning from the end and know who will be saved and who will be lost.

Those who He knows will be saved are predestined to be saved. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.Rom 8:28, 29

This does not include the whole world. If you have something valuable to add I'd like to see it,

"Let it go".

The further you go the behinder you get.

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
The further you go the behinder you get.

what ever

Quote:
I don't recommend smoking, but I hope that what your smoking includes grace as well....

Neil ... it took me a few days to figure it out ... but as usual you provide a good laugh for us. Thanks.

WWEeeeellll, Stan did say that he hoped that he didn't get stoned....and I, being a Respiratory Therapist and all, thought he was smoking something..... ignore

Just bashing someone head with a rock seems soooooo "out of date" at times.... orly

George Bernard Shaw