ClubAdventist is back!

Fighting on CA - Why is it tolerated? Does it raise ratings?

Woody

Folks ... what does it take to stop a fight on CA?

I started a thread on the topic of the recent "History of Women Elders and Pastors" I have pasted much information about this from the time of Ellen White onward. This has been mostly ignored in favor of fighting about personalities , Greek meaning of some unrelated words and the discussion of animal skins.

I would like to discuss what I posted and the reason for the posting.

The moderator here has made a big stink when some on other threads have mentioned difficult questions for him to answer saying he can't speak about it because HE thinks is might not be 'on topic'. Yet ... here on this thread he is participating with divisive and hijacking discussions.

I have called for this moderator to stop this. I will paste to you just a fraction of my requests. But no action has occured.

Folks, what does it take to stop online hijacking and fighting about unrelated subjects? Does the moderator get to do as he pleases and use his position only as a thread to those he disagrees with? What good is a moderator?

I will also post the comment of the Administrator after my request that the discussion be returned to the original intended use. It is an ad for who knows what. And it has nothing to do with the topic of the thread.

How does one get help to stop the fighting and hijacking of the thread I started. Moderator? NO Admin.? NO. Where do I go for help?

Quote:
This is not directed at anyone ... but I would like to ask that the Greek and animal skins discussion be moved. I am talking here .... about the recent History of Women Elders and Pastors in the church. I've posted much history and I would like to discuss this.

I would like to try to ask respectfully to have the Greek and animal skins discussion moved if possible.

Quote:
OK you guys. Enough fighting here. I would like to get my thread back. Can you start your own "fighting" thread please. How can I ask nicely?

Quote:
Is there a moderator here or not? Oh, I forgot ... he is busy participating

Quote:
I want my thread back.

Then from Admin ...

Quote:
What would be nice... if everyone here... posted something in inspiration thoughts shared....

I have to wonder ??? Does FIGHTING actually increase the ratings??? Or why is it so tolerated?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• Norman Byers, N.D.

• Neil D

• David Koot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mat 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

The unconditional pardon of sin never has been, and never will be. PP 522

Interesting. But not surprising.

I believe in Hematology.

Well ... I guess if you can't beat them then join them? I guess the lesson is that we can just discuss anything anywhere and just not be concerned with what the topic is.

OK ... Animal Skins ... here I come. Greek people ... BEWARE !!

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
Interesting. But not surprising.

You are correct, Jesus is always predictable.

Norman

And do you speak for Jesus?

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
Well ... I guess if you can't beat them then join them? I guess the lesson is that we can just discuss anything anywhere and just not be concerned with what the topic is.

OK ... Animal Skins ... here I come. Greek people ... BEWARE !!

Jesus said that to let all know that His message, the truth and those who hold the truth would not be doormats to error. We would suffer personal attacks persecution and be outcasts because we hold to the truth.

Norman

Quote:
And do you speak for Jesus?

According to His words, Yes

So, its not truthseeker ... it is truthspeaker.

I believe in Hematology.

What I meant to say was that I do speak for Jesus as do all His, who have His Spirit. That's how He communicates to those who are in need of salvation, to those who need encouragement, to those who need to be taught and those who need correction.

It is a shame that speaking for Jesus does not include those who do not agree with your interpretation of scripture. I have been told that I need to pray more since I don't believe as you ... so surely ... I don't qualify to speak for Jesus?

Quote:
we hold to the truth.

Does this apply to me or just to you and your interpretation of "truth" or scripture?

I believe in Hematology.

Guest charis

coffeecomputer.gif

What I meant to say was that I do speak for Jesus as do all His, who have His Spirit. That's how He communicates to those who are in need of salvation, to those who need encouragement, to those who need to be taught and those who need correction.

who decides who is the one to do such?

duno

Charis .... He has made it clear that those who disagree with HIS interpretation of scripture "need to pray" until they see things as HE sees them. So, clearly ... we ... the rest of us ... do not qualify to speak for God. WE need to study more before WE can do that. I think it is clear ... that you and I do not have the "Spirit" because we disagree with his interpretations.

I believe in Hematology.

Anyway ... Back to the topic of this thread please. Can anyone help me. And I don't mean a bucket of ice water.

I believe in Hematology.

There's certainly nothing cynical about it, such as "does it raise ratings."

On the contrary. I believe that all the moderators would love to be able to limit the unnecessary conflict. They just do not know how.

Please note, I am not here stating that anyone else could, or even that it is possible. Just that the current group of moderators-- as they have repeatedly expressed-- don't know how to do it.

My only purpose in this post is to exonerate admin and moderators from any cynical or malevolent intent. I have never believed any of that is present in the admin and moderation of this forum.

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

I agree with you Ich.

But I do think that we could move the fighting to a fighting thread rather than allow it to smother a good topic to death.

My purpose of this thread is to ask that the fighting be MOVED. Like my pasted posts indicate ... I have repeatedly asked that the fighting be MOVED not eliminated.

Personally, I believe that moving the fighting to a "fighting" thread would free up the rest of us to have the intended discussion and it would also possibly hamper the fighting somewhat.

I guess if this is not approved ... I have no choice but to believe that sticking to the topic is totally rejected in this forum as far as ADMIN is concerned.

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
who decides who is the one to do such?
Good question.

This event gives us insght into the answer.

Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly. Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. John 10:24-28

First, Jesus' sheep hear His voice, in other words we understand what Jesus means and we do it because we love Him. We know what He means when we read His word. I condenm no person in this statement, but if we are rebelling and willfully sinning, we are not His. Otherwise we'd be saying that God is guiding us to sin and that just is wrong. If they sin they ask for forgiveness but those who are not His make excuses for their sin.

2nd point Jesus' people have no problem saying who their Master is and that they know Him and speak for Him. They follow in the steps of Jesus as the Spirit guides them to speak. Here's an example:

Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. John 4:21-22

Third: those who are His, know those who are His. We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error. 1John 4:6

Fourth: When those who are His pray there is answer: And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. 1Jo 3:22

We are living in a time when many of us say we are rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: We are also living in a time when it is "Horrible, Awful, Mean, Evil" to speak the truth. Political correctness has been a hinderance to the Gospel.

Fifth: They know where they are going and they have a purpose other than to exist and follow the world. They have a deep desire to do what is right because it is right. Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. 1John 3:7

Sixth: The followers of Jesus don't always appear to be kind and sometimes they are not at least to those who oppose them. Kindness is good and should be wrapped around most of our words but sometimes there is need for sharp rebukes and pointing out folly in a way that make those in error see their folly, or it gets them angry. This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; Tit 1:13

And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked. And they cried aloud, and cut themselves after their manner with knives and lancets, till the blood gushed out upon them. 1Ki 18:27-28

I guess I went long on this but I hope it answers your question,

Norman

Quote:
But I do think that we could move the fighting to a fighting thread rather than allow it to smother a good topic to death.

We can't do that because it will open the gate for anyone who doesn't like what is posted to be moved or deleted. What happens if one day a group of non believers join here for that purpose? They will change this club to the extent where it will no longer be appealing.

You have to learn to deal with that which you don't like and don't and add fuel to the fire.

It is called "staying on topic" or permitting hijacking. I think that at times it is obvious and the moderator could give a warning that the discussion needs to be moved.

Quote:
for anyone who doesn't like what is posted

This has nothing to do with like or dislike ... perhaps you have not read this thread or are misrepresenting what I have said ... since at no time have I indicated it is a matter of like or dislike. I have consistently said it is a matter of being on topic or not. That is either something a moderator can have judgment for or it is something that we need to totally ignore. I am asking which it is.

If not then I have to assume that Hijacking is allowed in the name of fighting. This brings up another question which is what good do moderators serve?

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
It is called "staying on topic" or permitting hijacking. I think that at times it is obvious and the moderator could give a warning that the discussion needs to be moved.

You could have moderators control your threads if you want, I am not interested in that. I would rather have people go where they want and speak freely about what they want where I know I can read it and can either jump in or give a friendly reminder myself that this is not the place for that topic. The more control you have the less people will post because they'll know what will happen. I was once a part of a forum that did that and I'd never go back. They were trying to correct my posts and deleting the slightest thing that didn't appear right to them.

Quote:
This has nothing to do with like or dislike ... perhaps you have not read this thread or are misrepresenting what I have said ... since at no time have I indicated it is a matter of like or dislike. I have consistently said it is a matter of being on topic or not.
You don't have to use those words to express something you like or dislike. Just do what you did and people will see it as such. You don't like it, it's that simple.

This post gives us insght into the answerer.

Quote:
We know what He means when we read His word.
Quote:
When those who are His pray there is answer:

Quote:
They have a deep desire to do what is right because it is right.

Quote:
The followers of Jesus don't always appear to be kind and sometimes they are not at least to those who oppose them.

A time is coming when anyone who kills you will think he is offering a service to God John 16:2

But don't worry. It's all for your own good.

Blessings.

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

Quote:
You could have moderators control your threads if you want, I am not interested in that. I would rather have people go where they want and speak freely about what they want where I know I can read it and can either jump in or give a friendly reminder myself that this is not the place for that topic. The more control you have the less people will post because they'll know what will happen. I was once a part of a forum that did that and I'd never go back. They were trying to correct my posts and deleting the slightest thing that didn't appear right to them.

Norman ... you have made some good and valid comments here as far as I am concerned. Good Points. Thank you.

I guess I would just wonder if fighting about an unrelated or personal personality issue ... might be an exception. I would be interested in what you think of that?

I would also point out that friendly suggestions do not work. You can see that the thread I am referencing is still hijacked after 5 or 6 friendly reminders to the participants including the moderator.

I believe in Hematology.

Thank you Ich. I agree 100%. Point is well taken. I see a lot of that here.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

This post gives us insght into the answerer.

Quote:
We know what He means when we read His word.
Quote:
When those who are His pray there is answer:

Quote:
They have a deep desire to do what is right because it is right.

Quote:
The followers of Jesus don't always appear to be kind and sometimes they are not at least to those who oppose them.

A time is coming when anyone who kills you will think he is offering a service to God John 16:2

But don't worry. It's all for your own good.

Blessings.

icon_eek.gif

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Pam could you please be a little more "wordy". I don't understand. Please though excuse my ignorance but I could use a few more words.

I believe in Hematology.