ClubAdventist is back!

A Redwood Snippet on Manhood

Woody

I thought I would share this snippet of the Glorious Assurance we have in what God will do in the lives of those He calls His ...

Quote:
"Our earthly life, however long, honored, or useful it may be, is but childhood, frail, imperfect, and undeveloped. Manhood , with its full, perfect, glorious development, will come, when, freed from the taint of sin, we stand among the redeemed throng. Then we shall enjoy a life which measures with the life of God, and through everlasting ages we shall go on increasing in wisdom and knowledge." {ST, June 9, 1881 par. 21}

Now that is one manly man quote is it not? This is calling it the way it is ... is it not? That is clearly shouting it from the pulpit and waking up the sleeping.

What a blessed assurance we have. To enjoy the eternal ages with a life that measures with the life of God. Now that is one promise that I will gladly take. Praise God.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• David Koot

• Neil D

• cricket

Guest Male Man

Quote:
Manhood , with its full, perfect, glorious development, will come, when, freed from the taint of sin

Yeah, good quote. The "sin" here can take on many forms and it is not just drinking and smoking either.

I thought I would share this snippet of the Glorious Assurance we have in what God will do in the lives of those He calls His ...

Quote:
"Our earthly life, however long, honored, or useful it may be, is but childhood, frail, imperfect, and undeveloped. Manhood , with its full, perfect, glorious development, will come, when, freed from the taint of sin, we stand among the redeemed throng. Then we shall enjoy a life which measures with the life of God, and through everlasting ages we shall go on increasing in wisdom and knowledge." {ST, June 9, 1881 par. 21}

Now that is one manly man quote is it not? This is calling it the way it is ... is it not? That is clearly shouting it from the pulpit and waking up the sleeping.

What a blessed assurance we have. To enjoy the eternal ages with a life that measures with the life of God. Now that is one promise that I will gladly take. Praise God.

It is a good quote. I find it interesting to note, however, that this isn't speaking solely of "manly" manhood. It encompasses all of God's human creation--mankind and womankind alike.

Well noted Cricket. You are right. But in the most recent manly man atmosphere here on CA ... I did want to point out that there are good manly EGW quotes. It can also be womanly. But don't tell anyone here. That is not considered cool in this "UNmanly controlled church" according to some.

Am I making any sense ... or is this manly man mainly blowin in the wind?

I believe in Hematology.

Guest Male Man

Everyone to their own. Women are best at womens things and men are best at thier things. Dont confuse the two.

A womans influence in the church is needed and has it's place. A mans position and influence has it's place. When either gets out of whack then it becomes hell for the other sex.

Everyone to their own. Women are best at womens things and men are best at thier things. Dont confuse the two.

What exactly are "women's things" and "men's things"? I have no idea what you are talking about.

I say to each his own. I think that there are roles that in general women and men are more comfortable in but I also know men who are "Mr. Moms" and they love it. They have chosen to live that life and have their wives work for whatever reason and it has been a deliberate choice and they are happy. I realize most guys would want to be bringing in the bacon but some love being stay a home nurturers of their kids.

A womans influence in the church is needed and has it's place. A mans position and influence has it's place. When either gets out of whack then it becomes hell for the other sex.

Women are truly best at "women's" things. Agreed.

Men are truly best at "men's" things. Agreed.

However, there are so very few things in life that are strictly according to gender. A woman is best at giving birth. A man is best at impregnating a woman. A woman is best at breast-feeding; a man is typically best--but not always--at things requiring strength. Beyond that, there is very little that is best done according to the sex of the one doing the task.

So, um, let me get this straight, guys and gals.....[he says, picking up the monkey wrench]

If women are good at nurturing, and men are good at...manly things....then there follows that there are some jobs that are exclusively feminine and some jobs exclusively male...[we are NOT talking biology, here at this time]

If pastoring has a more nurturing characteristic, then wouldn't it be a women's job, since women do nurturing so well? If that is the case, wouldn't the pastor [who is typically male] be more inclined to foster the efeminate confusion that we have experienced here???

If construction is a male job, then wouldn't any product made by a women tend to be inferior? If so, how did we win WW2 when it was mostly women who were working in the factorys?

[he says juggling the monkey wrench]

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Manhood, with its full, perfect, glorious development, will come, when, freed from the taint of sin, we stand among the redeemed throng. Then we shall enjoy a life which measures with the life of God....

"Taint of sin"? Other places she uses the word "earthliness". This is easier to define:

1 John 2:15 Do not love the world or anything in the world.

So perhaps EGW had "worldliness" in mind? What does this mean?

16 For everything in the world—the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does—comes not from the Father but from the world.

In short this "taint of sin" includes such things as coveting - what we see we want. Boasting and bragging like your favorite football team and/or your accomplishments (education, looks, etc).

In short it is "self-seeking" - the love of self that we are not free of while in the flesh. Yes we can grow...should grow as we by faith remain with Christ. But, as long as life will last, no one will measure up to God's agape seen in the life of Christ perfectly.

[he says, picking up the monkey wrench]

Neil, you done it AGAIN!!! You and that monkey wrench. Here they was havin' a serious discussion, and you WOULD have to come along with you ol' wrench there. When, when will you ever learn to be cooperative and go with the program? I know what you need. You need a woman in your life who will keep you in line. ballchain

Dave

If women are good at nurturing, and men are good at...manly things....then there follows that there are some jobs that are exclusively feminine and some jobs exclusively male...[we are NOT talking biology, here at this time]

Again, there is no job that is entirely "masculine" other than the "job" of impregnating women.

A 'job' indeed. Part of the ball and chain stuff. The weighty duties of marriage. Oh, for a respite!

Quote:
You need a woman in your life who will keep you in line.

Dave ... I think Bonnie is filling that need right now ... just check out the "Personal Attacks" Thread. No need to have duplication.

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
You need a woman in your life who will keep you in line.

What did I have to do with this thread, OH CHRISTIAN MAN?

Dave ... I think Bonnie is filling that need right now ... just check out the "Personal Attacks" Thread. No need to have duplication.

And again. If anyone questions what is acceptable practise on a christian forum they only need follow you around the forum. Of course tho not all better try it. Not all better "love" in your convoluted manner. I am not the one to bring up old history, I know that at times it is unacceptable to defend yourself. Maybe not times, but who does it.

If Neil did not want a reply it would have been a good time to shut his mouth. Stan has passed on a saying to me a couple of times.

In a fight both parties get bloody. I am not afraid of the sight of my own blood,just hope the other party is not either

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Guest Male Man

Quote:
What exactly are "women's things" and "men's things"? I have no idea what you are talking about.... However, there are so very few things in life that are strictly according to gender.

Here we go again. I very much disagree with these statements. There are a myriad of differences between men and women and as many different ways to bring more men into the church.

Is it any wonder that the church is struggling to hold men when this lack of understanding exists? I have stated elsewhere the differences and the problems and am not going to go over it again.

Quote:
I also know men who are "Mr. Moms"

I know some too but this is ok if it is out of necessity but women make better carers - they have the breasts to prove it.

Okay, now THERE would be a match-up!! Neil and Bonnie!!!!! Whaddya say, y'all?

But hmmmm . . . I thought Bonnie was already spoken for. Maybe gotta keep on lookin' for a 'boss' for Neil. Ball and chain, guy, ball and chain.

Misplaced humor David and not appreciated. It will go far tho to encourage participation in such a fun topic. Enjoy,

Thank you

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

At this point in time ... I really doubt that Neil is in the mood for a ball and chain type.

I believe in Hematology.

OK Dave ... Be a manly man and spit it out ... what direction did you have in mind that we could go?

Let's have some action here. Things have been far too dull.

I believe in Hematology.