ClubAdventist is back!

A Redwood Snippet on Manhood

Woody

Guest Male Man

Quote:
Let's have some action here. Things have been far too dull.

Amen. Did I start somethin or has the forum got alot more heat in it lately?

I agree we need to break the shackles of "niceness" but that can too be overdone. Keeping it on topic and not being personal should help.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• David Koot

• Neil D

• cricket

OK Manly Man ... I found another good Manly snippet ... (On Topic)

Quote:
"Although human beings have abused their mercies, wasted their talents, and lost the dignity of godlike manhood , the Creator is to be glorified in their redemption." {Ed 270.1}

Now ... is that not POWERFUL or not?

Another Praise God is Due here ....

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Excellent, of course. Thinking about it, what exactly are 'manly' traits? I seem to recall from the book AH the idea expressed about 'the sterner virtues.' What are the 'sterner virtues'?

One that comes to mind is faithfulness in doing one's duty, even if in harm's way. Steadiness under fire, putting one's life on the line for a cause, things like that occur to me.

Dave

One that comes to mind is faithfulness in doing one's duty, even if in harm's way. Steadiness under fire, putting one's life on the line for a cause, things like that occur to me.

Dave

Does that mean that women are not expected to display these traits of character? Or that they are unable to?

aldona

www.asrc.org.au

(Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)

Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each month

IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library

The Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music Downloads

Looking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!

Oh Boy ... Now it's heatin up.

Bring it on. Bring in on Sister.

I believe in Hematology.

OH No Dave ... Just when things were getting interesting.

I believe in Hematology.

Originally Posted By: David Koot

Dave

Does that mean that women are not expected to display these traits of character? Or that they are unable to?

aldona

Regardless of what the comment meant, women are capable of these acts; and quite often are found with these traits of character. Despite the "manly" connotation some may give these traits, women most certainly are able to act in such manner.

Okay, I'm back and ready to roll. I expect that significant differences in focus, gender-related, would have to do with how the brain is 'wired.' A woman's brain has twice the connectors between the right and left half. Thus, a woman thinks with both halves of her brain simultaneously--reason and emotion combined, whereas a man thinks more with one half at a time, and is able to separate reason from emotion. As one female psychologist told us, it is like there is a four-lane freeway between the two halves of a woman's brain, whereas a man's brain is like a windy one-lane country road between the halves. This can help to explain significant differences between male and female. It can help explain why a man can focus on information, facts, and make decisions easily based on those facts, whereas a woman mixes emotions with facts hence may have a more difficult time making some types of decisions. And, it can help explain why a man will go up a hill against a machine gun nest, and can set aside his emotions to do his duty.

Dave

Originally Posted By: Neil D
[he says, picking up the monkey wrench]

Neil, you done it AGAIN!!! You and that monkey wrench. Here they was havin' a serious discussion, and you WOULD have to come along with you ol' wrench there. When, when will you ever learn to be cooperative and go with the program? I know what you need. You need a woman in your life who will keep you in line. ballchain

Dave

Hmmmmm......I will forward this to someone I know and see what she says.....I'll get back to you on this one.... offtobed

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Apparently I have presented THE definitive answer to the question about differences beween male and female. The last word, no doubt. Like Job, who said that once he spoke, the others were silent ("put their hand over their mouths"). It is good to recognize the voice of wisdom.

Don't get such a big head Dave ....

The others are just trying to formulate a post that will not get censored. That takes TIME.

I believe in Hematology.

Nah, Redwood, they just KNOW that what I said is the truth.

Just what are you spoutin' again????

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:
and for each gender to accept their place.

Could you elaborate on that?

I believe in Hematology.

Just the unvarnished, non-PC truth. Best to acknowledge it and for each gender to accept their place.

Outside of the sex industry, I have yet to see a single profession that is best filled by members of one gender or the other.

Originally Posted By: Neil D
If women are good at nurturing, and men are good at...manly things....then there follows that there are some jobs that are exclusively feminine and some jobs exclusively male...[we are NOT talking biology, here at this time]

It doesn't follow, simply because the initial premises are not entirely true. It cannot be said that the entire population of women are good at nurturing; nor can it be said that the entire population of men are good at "manly things". Therefore, it cannot be said that there are jobs that are exclusively feminine nor masculine.

George Bernard Shaw

Um. No, "they" went on to bed.

Zing!

Cricket 1

David 0

ROFL

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:
And there are more women in construction than men because of.....? oh, there are NOT more women than men in the construction industry.....and that is because....? [he said holding the monkey wrench up for all to see.....

What does a "monkey's" wrench have to do with a woman? I'm confused.

I believe in Hematology.

Um. No, "they" went on to bed.

Cricket .... Dave didn't hear this because he went to bed.

I believe in Hematology.

Neil, you done it AGAIN!!! You and that monkey wrench. Here they was havin' a serious discussion, and you WOULD have to come along with you ol' wrench there. When, when will you ever learn to be cooperative and go with the program? I know what you need. You need a woman in your life who will keep you in line. ballchain

Dave

Hmmmmm......I will forward this to someone I know and see what she says.....I'll get back to you on this one.... offtobed

Hmmmmm....she says-

"Sounds like your friends are trying to give you a hint

I think Dave is a smart cookie lol... but it is not the problem of having a woman in your life or not... nor is it up to that woman to keep you in line... for that is impossible!!!! It is a matter for the woman to be there ... as for now being a long ways away... there are a few monkey wrenches in the equation that are still being worked out."

I donno, David....whatcha think on this one.....

George Bernard Shaw