ClubAdventist is back!

A Redwood Snippet on Manhood

Woody

I thought I would share this snippet of the Glorious Assurance we have in what God will do in the lives of those He calls His ...

Quote:
"Our earthly life, however long, honored, or useful it may be, is but childhood, frail, imperfect, and undeveloped. Manhood , with its full, perfect, glorious development, will come, when, freed from the taint of sin, we stand among the redeemed throng. Then we shall enjoy a life which measures with the life of God, and through everlasting ages we shall go on increasing in wisdom and knowledge." {ST, June 9, 1881 par. 21}

Now that is one manly man quote is it not? This is calling it the way it is ... is it not? That is clearly shouting it from the pulpit and waking up the sleeping.

What a blessed assurance we have. To enjoy the eternal ages with a life that measures with the life of God. Now that is one promise that I will gladly take. Praise God.

Yessir. I suspect that manhood is in even shorter supply in a feminized western culture.

rejoice always

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• David Koot

• Neil D

• cricket

Okay, I'm back and ready to roll. I expect that significant differences in focus, gender-related, would have to do with how the brain is 'wired.' A woman's brain has twice the connectors between the right and left half. Thus, a woman thinks with both halves of her brain simultaneously--reason and emotion combined, whereas a man thinks more with one half at a time, and is able to separate reason from emotion. As one female psychologist told us, it is like there is a four-lane freeway between the two halves of a woman's brain, whereas a man's brain is like a windy one-lane country road between the halves. This can help to explain significant differences between male and female. It can help explain why a man can focus on information, facts, and make decisions easily based on those facts, whereas a woman mixes emotions with facts hence may have a more difficult time making some types of decisions. And, it can help explain why a man will go up a hill against a machine gun nest, and can set aside his emotions to do his duty.

Ok. What happened to Dave. Is he sleeping? Hey friend ... time to stand up like "a man?" and address this issue.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Nah, Redwood, I don't need to add anything. Cricket's response was a *typical* one (hehehe). Of course, she admitted the core point. Beyond that, mere generalities, unsubstantiated. The reality is that some people, because of personal preference or other factors, will strive to succeed at a variety of activities which may or may not come naturally because of their 'wiring.' That does not change the facts of how they are designed, however. And there ARE design differences between male and female, which are gender-specific. As we well know, function follows form.

Dave

Quote:
The reality is that some people, because of personal preference or other factors, will strive to succeed at a variety of activities which may or may not come naturally because of their 'wiring.

Could you specify which activities you are talking about ... that the other sex is not wired for?

I believe in Hematology.

I will use 'wired' here in a broader sense--that is, the general ense of design. For example, construction workers. True, there are female construction workers. However, they do not tend to have the strength or stamina that male construction workers typically have. They can do the job, but not to the extent that males can. It is for such reasons that you see separate leagues for male and female tennis players and golfers. Awhile back, a man had a sex-change operation and wanted to join the women's tennis league. They complained. The reason? Because men have more strength and stamina than women, typically. there are many other examples I could cite, but will start with these.

Dave

Do I dare ask? Are there any spiritual or religious differences due to faulty wiring??

What I mean is ... are women any less spiritual?

I believe in Hematology.

Hii Redwood,

I would not say either gender has 'faulty' wiring. Simply different for each. As for women being spiritual, if anything I would think they would be more spiritual, because of how their brains are 'wired.'

Dave

Hii Redwood,

I would not say either gender has 'faulty' wiring. Simply different for each. As for women being spiritual, if anything I would think they would be more spiritual, because of how their brains are 'wired.'

Dave

Oh darned....I thought for sure that a conservative type with a heavy dose of "head of the household" theology would find some way to subjugate the finer sex......

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

HEy, Hey, Hey... ACCUSED self-acknowledged closet conservative

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Guest Male Man

Quote:
Thinking about it, what exactly are 'manly' traits? I seem to recall from the book AH the idea expressed about 'the sterner virtues.' What are the 'sterner virtues'?

Calm under fire is a masculine trait. This doesn't necissarily mean in a war zone either. When the popular church crowd are clamouring for sweets - this puts pressure on the women and their motherly instinct to give in. Nowadays the men too are giving in and this is getting them shame.

Quote:
As one female psychologist told us, it is like there is a four-lane freeway between the two halves of a woman's brain, whereas a man's brain is like a windy one-lane country road between the halves. This can help to explain significant differences between male and female. It can help explain why a man can focus on information, facts, and make decisions easily based on those facts, whereas a woman mixes emotions with facts hence may have a more difficult time making some types of decisions. And, it can help explain why a man will go up a hill against a machine gun nest, and can set aside his emotions to do his duty.

Agree with Koot here. Men are designed to take on the enemy, women are designed to passify the enemy. This is just the way it is.

Quote:
pastoring would be considered a nurturing job...therefore, it logically follows that a woman would be better at pastoring than men...

Yeah, with the kind of pastoring that we currently get, I would have to say yes. With the pastoring that has been lost and is rarely seen ever today, I would have to say no.

Quote:
if anything I would think they would be more spiritual, because of how their brains are 'wired.'

Take it easy man, your selling out on your gender dude. Have a look at the bible, the most couragous people for God were men. How is it then that they are somehow less spiritual?

Quote:
Oh darned....I thought for sure that a conservative type with a heavy dose of "head of the household" theology would find some way to subjugate the finer sex......

Head of the household theology is not designed to subjugate but to restore the balance that the feminazi's have taken away. The church would be moving ahead in leaps and bounds if things were restored to this biblical model instead of the wissified husbands in the church we have today.

Quote:
When the popular church crowd are clamouring for sweets - this puts pressure on the women and their motherly instinct to give in.

When our church offered drinks and donuts during the intermission ... I thought it was a great idea. And I am a manly man but a manly man with an appetite.

Quote:
Head of the household theology is not designed to subjugate but to restore the balance that the feminazi's have taken away. The church would be moving ahead in leaps and bounds if things were restored to this biblical model instead of the wissified husbands in the church we have today.

Which are more "wissified" according to your view ... the church ... the women .. the pastors ... or the men . You seem to be attacking all of the above.

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
wissified husbands

Pardon me, but what does a "wissified husband" look like?

Beryl

"Grace is God doing for us, in us and through us that which He requires of us but which is impossible for us to do in or for ourselves."

But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Cor. 12:9.

Quote:
wissified husbands

Pardon me, but what does a "wissified husband" look like?

Beryl

Good Question Beryl.

It would appear that the church ... women .. the pastors ... and the men are all wissified. Is there any Hope?

I believe in Hematology.

Just a little side snippet on Manhood.

Do men who are Aussies use "Wissies" as an accepted term in Aussiesland?

I believe in Hematology.

Just a little side snippet on Manhood.

OOoooh brother....."Ozzie Woossies".... angel1

George Bernard Shaw

Good One Neil. I am still a student ... but I am catching up slowly. I bow to you.

I believe in Hematology.

Guest Male Man

Quote:
Which are more "wissified" according to your view ... the church ... the women .. the pastors ... or the men . You seem to be attacking all of the above.

Wussification can only apply to men but a Feminazi can mean a man or woman. You cant have a wussy female because that is sorta what they are anyway but not in a negative sense. It's when men act like females and not the males that they were created to be that they become wussies.

A feminazi is someone who practises extreme feminism which is seen in subtle forms like political correctness or the "mr nice guy culture in the church".

Quote:

Well, I have lived ineither Ausiland or NewZealand all of my life, mixed freely with male and females, and this is a new expression to me -- a made-up one, I would say!

Beryl

"Grace is God doing for us, in us and through us that which He requires of us but which is impossible for us to do in or for ourselves."

But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Cor. 12:9.

Quote:

Wussification can only apply to men but a Feminazi can mean a man or woman. You cant have a wussy female because that is sorta what they are anyway but not in a negative sense. It's when men act like females and not the males that they were created to be that they become wussies.

A feminazi is someone who practises extreme feminism which is seen in subtle forms like political correctness or the "mr nice guy culture in the church".

Thank you for clarifying that. I learn something every day.

I believe in Hematology.

Since we are on the topic of Manhood and Manly Men ...

We just got the latest copy of Ministry Magazine.

There is a good article on MEN MIA in the church by Minner Labrador. He brings to attention the issue that MM has be harping on. While MM did not seem to have any suggestions on this issue ... Labrador did.

I am not going to list all the suggestion he made right now. Perhaps later but you can look it up in the Feb 2008 magazine.

I will point out that the latest Barna study indicated that 49% of women have accepted Christ as their Saviour compated to 41% of men. That does not seem all that significant to me. But what did was the stat that only 35% in the US attend church. And only 5% in Europe.

Like MM has suggested ... men are not finding what they want in church. Labrador gave specific suggestion about how to change the sermons and activities. Again ... this is what MM was promoting but this particular author was giving constructive ideas rather than sweeping condemnation and name calling of those men who are not manly enough.

Very good article. I would highly recommend it to all. I would give you a few snippets about this article but I fear I have reached my "snippet limit" for the week.

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
Very good article. I would highly recommend it to all. I would give you a few snippets about this article but I fear I have reached my "snippet limit" for the week.

This is only TUESDAY....You are NOT allowed to run out of snippets so soon....only on friday or Saturday are you allowed to run out of snippets....

This snippet brought to you by the snippet watchdog group-OzzieSnippets....."We getem down under!"

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:
Snipthedog

Are you suggesting that I am a dog? And that I need snipping?

I could find that insulting ....

offtobed

I believe in Hematology.