ClubAdventist is back!

School Uniforms

Woody

Originally Posted By: carolaa

Why is that?

OK ... You asked. It is time for another Redwood Snippet from Ellen White. I was converted to your side and thus my comment ... after discovering this statement ....

Quote:
"There are many who try to correct the life of others by attacking what they consider are wrong habits. They go to those whom they think are in error' date=' and point out their defects. They say, "You don't dress as you should." They try to pick off the ornaments, or whatever seems offensive, but they do not seek to fasten the mind to the truth. Those who seek to correct others should present the attractions of Jesus . They should talk of His love and compassion , present His example and sacrifice, reveal His Spirit, and they need not touch the subject of dress at all . There is no need to make the dress question the main point of your religion. There is something richer to speak of. Talk of Christ, and when the heart is converted, everything that is out of harmony with the Word of God will drop off. It is only labor in vain to pick leaves off a living tree. The leaves will reappear. The ax must be laid at the root of the tree, and then the leaves will fall off, never to return." Ev. 272.[/quote']

So ... I am joining your side.

You're too funny! But it's interesting that I was just pondering WWJD as far as uniforms. Now I know!

Quote:
That is not a "uniform." It is a "dress code."

Dictionary.com

Uniform:

-noun

6. an identifying outfit or style of dress worn by the members of a given profession, organization, or rank.

7. a word used in communications to represent the letter

A shirt with a school's insignia on it certainly qualifies as a uniform.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Quote:
Then the authorities should have different kind of uniform, like they do in prison.

I don't like the idea of turning our schools into prisons.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Quote:
You're too funny!

Thanks. Some say toMAYto some say toMOTTO.

But since some like the Redwood Snippets ... I think I will make them a regular occurance. You know ... like a regular feature. Something that will uplift the spirits of the downtradden.

And also encourage unity among the manly males ... the UNnmanly males and the femish females.

The uniformed and the UNuniformed.

The informed and the uninformed.

The loved and the Unloved.

Overall ... I hope to provide cheer for all the oppressed.

Thanks for your vote and encouragement.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Reading posts above - not the Redwood snippets which are great but a separate, or subpost, - I maintain my original point that opinions on SCHOOL uniforms will vary from country to country.

It is a total nonissue here, and is not seen as a violation of the rights of young adults.

Good Nan ... I am happy to concede that it is more cultural than religious. But, we could be on dangerous ground. I think that many issues could be the same. Does that get me in more trouble?

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

I agree we need care in deciding whether core issues are cultural or religious.

But I do not see anything to do with religion in wearing a school uniform - but that might be just my perspective living inb a country where virtually all schools, public and private, support the practice.

And if I have misinterpreted a TIC remark.....c'est la vie.

I agree we need care in deciding whether core issues are cultural or religious.

But I do not see anything to do with religion in wearing a school uniform - but that might be just my perspective living inb a country where virtually all schools, public and private, support the practice.

And if I have misinterpreted a TIC remark.....c'est la vie.

Nan ... It's a new day (here in America). In reviewing this ... I have no idea where the religious part came from. It was no TIC. But with me you made a good guess. I wonder if it just came from my PERSONAL experience with some extreme groups .... and certainly not from anything you said.

I'm sorry for the confusion.

I believe in Hematology.