ClubAdventist is back!

Willing + Doing

Woody

Quote:
"To make God's grace our own, we must act our part. The Lord does not propose to perform for us either the willing or the doing." YRP 144

I came across this Ellen White snippet recently and have been reflecting on it. I think this has an important message although I haven't completed my reflection.

Here's what I've come up with so far ... Christ came and died for our Salvation ... all we have to DO is to accept that. But Christ can't do the "willing and doing" part of accepting that Grace. THAT is OUR part.

What do you think?

(Willingly presented by Woodies Goodies)

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• 1 year later...

We have EGW quoted, saying the Lord does not perform for us either the willing or the doing. And we also have Paul in Philippians 2:13 saying, "It is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure." This tells me that there is some things I do not understand about free will and determinism. If I ask myself, do I have a choice or are my choices known by God and therefore predetermined, I have to answer yes. Somehow, both are true. And my conclusion is that our freedom of choice is not really understood.

Prs God, frm whm blssngs flw

http://www.zoelifestyle.com/jmccall

Quote:
If I ask myself, do I have a choice or are my choices known by God and therefore predetermined, I have to answer yes. Somehow, both are true.

I honestly don't see how knowledge makes it predetermined. I still have the choice whether he knows what that will be or not.

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
If I ask myself, do I have a choice or are my choices known by God and therefore predetermined, I have to answer yes. Somehow, both are true.

I honestly don't see how knowledge makes it predetermined. I still have the choice whether he knows what that will be or not.

Okay, just try to choose other than the foreknown choice.

Prs God, frm whm blssngs flw

http://www.zoelifestyle.com/jmccall

Whatever ....

I believe in Hematology.