ClubAdventist is back!

Ozzy Ozzborne

At least a decade ago while at campmeeting at walla walla I recall looking at old pictures of walla walla college students on the walls of the halls in the college and having other youth point out Ozzy Ozzbornes picture. This could be one of those memories of a young kid getting fooled by older teens, I'm not sure. Anyone know anything about Ozzy attending at Walla Walla?

In my 6 years at WWC, the rumor was that Ozzy had attended Andrews U. As Black Sabbath was formed in 1969 in England (when Ozzy would have been 20-21), it's not likely he attended AU or WWC.

• 2 weeks later...

"...you are the first to have this love of mine / forever with me 'till the end of time / look into my eyes, you'll see who I am / my name is Lucifer, please take my hand..."<P>Black Sabbath from their first self-titled album, circa 1969<P>hmmm... what do you think abot Ozzie being at one of the SDA colleges?<P>agitating,<BR>sharkey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I had also heard this rumor about a year ago. And having been a pretty huge Black Sabbath and ozzy fan in my atheist days it made me quite curious.

I searched the web fairly thoroughly and saw no evidence. Matter of fact, if my memory serves me correctly from interviews found in such reputable sources as "Rolling Stones" magazine it was my impression that the rumor was false.

But, as one individual here has pointed out, the one major proof that can be found is in his music. Yes, he has come across Biblical knowledge somewhere. The name of the band makes it very coincidental as well. Not to mention the album cover that has "three angels" smoking. Not only is that an awful coincidence regarding the "three angels message" but is quite a slap in the face to the SDA health message.

http://www.black-sabbath.com/discog/heavenandhell.html

I found this link online regarding the above mentioned album cover....but this is not the cover of the album I had. The one I had showed three cherubim figures smoking, I am sure of it.???? But ya' heard what this music can do to your brain....

• 1 year later...

AHAHA!! I knew this thread had to be in here SOMEWHERE!! Soon as I saw the forum "urban legends" the first thing I thought of was Ozzy. We used to hear all KINDS of stories about this when I was in college (Columbia Union in the early 1980s). My friend used to tell a "friend of a friend" kind of story that some of the kids snuck off to a Black Sabbath concert once and before the concert even started, Ozzy looked right at them where they were sitting, pointed his finger, said, "You, Seventh Day Adventists ... you are not supposed to be here! GET OUT!!" Of course I found it incredible at the time but WHAT A GREAT STORY!! LOL.

See the whole big deal back then for us was "Great Controversy" flavored urban legends -- things that pointed out the spiritual warfare all around us, the activity of God and Satan in everyday things, etc. And this was one such story. There were a lot of other classically ADVENTIST urban legend stories going around at the time too. By "classic" I mean the typical urban legend is a tale invented to illustrate some danger associated with breaking a moral code or taboo -- and lots of these revolved around bad things happening with Ouija board experimentation or putting a key in Daniel 7. I never figured out what the big deal was, but it was said if you put a key in Daniel 7 it would conjure up the devil. ???? confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif That's what I mean by not just classic but CLASSIC(ally) ADVENTIST urban legends!! Only an SDA could make up stories like that!!! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

ANYWAY!! Ohmygosh this thread brings some memories back!!! LOL

and that SONG!!! NATIVITY IN BLACK!!! Ohmy GOSH THAT SONG!!!! SAYS EVERYTHING!!!!!!! When I found out that song existed I just totally flipped out. It was like ... who told them??????? How did they know?????

"After such knowledge, what forgiveness?" -- T.S. Eliot