ClubAdventist is back!

Don't know what to do...

giselle831

Hello,

I am new to this site. I am a 26 yr. old mother of two girls, 4 and a half and an 8 month old.

I am in the process of seriously considering a seperation from my husband. Although I have been an adventist for quite some time now my spiritual relationship has been dwindling and my knowledge is not the greatest. I know that there is nothing that can't fix, but I am tired of feeling like a single parent and my husband plugging when he's ready.

I am just asking that you pray for me, for an answer from God that I'm doing the right thing. I am so scared and confused and I know that I am not turning to my Father enough, especially seeing that I need Him so much. Perhaps I am afraid the answer He has for me is something I don't want to hear, or that He's just taking too long. Whatever the case, please pray that the answer will be clear to me. Thank you.

• Moderators

Hi Giselle

I will pray for you, that your course of action will become clear but also - and perhaps more importantly - that you can come to feel close to God again.

Blessings

Nan

Praying that you will have such a close communion with Him that HIS will ... will be very clear to you. As I am sure you know ... there will be no easy answers. And if you turn to the Bible for specific answers ... you can find scripture to support whatever idea you are inclined towards.

So, I will just pray that you become SO close to your Father ... that HIS will becomes YOUR will because of the close connection that you have.

Praying. And by the way ... you are doing the right thing by sharing your burden with God and lifting it up to Him.

Keep us informed of the blessings of God that are coming your way in this regard.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

adding you to our pray list

pkrause

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Folks on this board do not have enough information to advise. This person should by all means find someone she can trust to counsel with. And unless she is being abused she should not let religion destroy her marriage.

mel

Hi Giselle:

It sounds like you guys are pushing each other away emotionally. There are solutions for that - feel free to pm me - my wife & I work in a counseling ministry.

Gerry

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Moderators

...So, I will just pray that you become SO close to your Father ... that HIS will becomes YOUR will because of the close connection that you have.

I like that very much, and I agree that this happens!

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Hello,

I am new to this site. I am a 26 yr. old mother of two girls, 4 and a half and an 8 month old.

I am just asking that you pray for me, for an answer from God that I'm doing the right thing. I am so scared and confused and I know that I am not turning to my Father enough, especially seeing that I need Him so much. Perhaps I am afraid the answer He has for me is something I don't want to hear, or that He's just taking too long. Whatever the case, please pray that the answer will be clear to me. Thank you.

You don't believe that you can hear God, now...do you? What makes you think that He's stopped talkin'? What makes you think that He ain't yellin and you ain't hearing Him?

Well.....?

So, Let me ask you a question...what is it gonna take for you to hear Him?

I don't think some castastrophe is the answer, Nor some big decision without His counsel...nor a big upheaval, either physical nor emotional is gonna make you be able to listen to Him....

'Cus, Girl...He's been talking to you....You just ain't able to hear Him....

So, what's it gonna take for you to hear Him?

I sugest that you concider what it's gonna take for YOU to listen...Remove the extranious noise, put the kids to bed...Tell the husband that it's time for you to listen to the quiet. Turn off the TV and the radio.....Don't be listening to the cars in the background...nor the children playing in the street...Put the rushing traffic out of your mind and listen....Listen......listen.....Listen to what God has to say....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Neil, thank you for that knock in the head, so to speak. You are right, maybe I wasn't listening. I might have been fearing His answer.

However, my prayers have been answered and I heard Him tell me to just talk to my man. And that's what I did. We have still a rocky road ahead, but we are committed to one another and we're going to make it work. Thank you all and PRAISE GOD!!

Guest truthseeker007

Look Giselle i am going to be honest with you. Millions of people pray everyday for food and curing of deseases. It is God s policy to ignore those prayers so in the end he can present himself as the righteous one. All the troubles in the world are the result of God s passivity. So for solutions of problems in your life, you should look inside. God is not going to help you. If you even think about getting divorced, there must be something wrong already. I think it would be better to divorce, unless your husband is willing to change radically on your conditions. Good luck with your struggle

• Moderators

...It is God s policy to ignore those prayers so in the end he can present himself as the righteous one. All the troubles in the world are the result of God s passivity. ...God is not going to help you....

If what you say is the truth, how is God going to present Himself as righteous? It seems to me that if you are right here, God is a liar and selfish, not righteous or loving at all. I doubt this is the picture you have of God or the one you want to portray, though.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Quote:
Neil, thank you for that knock in the head, so to speak

If you EVER need a "head knocker" Neil is your man. You can count on him.

Quote:
However, my prayers have been answered and I heard Him tell me to just talk to my man. And that's what I did. We have still a rocky road ahead, but we are committed to one another and we're going to make it work.

PRAISE GOD. This is the best news possible. But this is just the beginning also. I pray that you will continue to do as you have learned .. GO TO YOUR MAN. Work it out. And then repeat as needed .

I believe in Hematology.

Is that REALLY what you think of God? That's not what I think. I know He answers prayers because He has answered mine.

The devil is a liar, and somehow we have let him in our home. But I know better, I know that I need to run to God to show me the truth and to come into my heart as well as my husband's so that we can work this out. Yes I thought a divorce would solve my 'problems', but if I don't change what's going on INSIDE of me, then I will have the same problems with the next man who comes along. We both have to make changes as ask the Holy Spirit to help us.

The troubles of the world is whole other topic that should perhaps be discussed in another thread.

Thank you for your insight.

And the prayers will continue. For it is a battle.

I believe in Hematology.

Guest truthseeker007

"If what you say is the truth, how is God going to present Himself as righteous?"

I have thought a lot about this. I think we should just accept the fact that as long as we live we are also bound by the consequences of a sinfull world. We are not supposed to live happy lives and then live happy in the other life. We are supposed to lose our lives because we are not from this world. The bible has many verses that illustrate that God withdraws his presence from the world and gives the people of the world the desires that have their origin in a sinfull heart. The SDA church has the endtime message but somehow they think they can play 'good church bad church' without doing the job they are actually supposed to do and still think that God should bless them on their little stupid problems.

Millions of people die of deseases, hunger, wars etc. They pray a lot and still die. Do you think he wants them to die? I think he is able to stop it and also willing, but for the eventual purpose it is better that he withdraws his miraculous presence. Face it, life is supposed to be bitter as hell, but the outcome will be fantastic. We should just accept the fact that God let things unfold the way he wants them to. Does that make God bad? I ve never heard any complaints about the fact that Jesus went down to this earth to die for your sins. What did Jesus say to the man who wanted to protect him from getting captured? He called him satan because his mind was focused on this world and not on heavenly things.

So get over it, we are supposed to live a hard life just as the rest of us. Otherwise it wouldn t be fair. Think about it, if God fullfills all the desires of 'his' people (SDA church), then how would that be fair, relativating it to the terrible things that happen in the world. The SDA church is such a miserable movement, they don t have their plans fixed on heavenly things. Soon troubles break out, and they ll get confused because they thought they could live the life they wanted. Every church movement has been accompanied by terrible wars and destruction, but the last one will be the most severe. That s probably the reason God works with a plague system in this time period.

So even if God withdraws his attention from this earth and ignores the prayers of the ones who desparately seek him, he can still be righteous. DOesn t the bible say that the pain a woman gets when she gets her child is the result of sin? But also that when the child is born she is happy? That s how we are supposed to live in the world. If you want support, you should ask help from your fellow Christians. Life is tough, but once the painfull part is over, you ll be glad you made it. So every terrible thing that happens in the world is the result of sin, blame sin, not God.

This might be uncomfortable to read, but it is plain truth.

No doubt ... we are called to endure pain. I know just a little about that subject. But, I believe that praying while it doesn't change God ... it does change us. It gives us focus. It inspires us. And in the end ... prayer will help us to answer our own prayer. Prayer ... or communion with God ... can only do good to focus our thoughts on God and a good solution for problems.

I believe in Hematology.

Guest truthseeker007

yes Redwood i agree with you. Prayer can give you new insights. We are both losers. This is what my life looks like;

i wake up and i say to myself 'what am i doing here?'. Then i study, watch some tv and go to sleep.

As a child i asked God to raise me so i would not become a terrible person. Now there is not one sin i did not commit unabundantly. The killings of course in my heart, it manifestated itself in violence. All the other commandments i have broken a couple of thousand times.

I asked for a sport career. I got depressed and now i am too late

I asked for help with my study. Now i have lost many years because of my faith

I asked for many friends. Now i have 0.

I asked for God his presence but it remains quiet on the other end of the phone

All these things make me wonder, how come God doesn t help me? And then i think to myself, in this world, we are all on the same boat. It wouldn t be fair for God if he helped me while others are dying all around me.

SO i have decided to change the world in Luther style. We have a lot in common, he also was very depressed but knew exactly what to do at the right time. There is one method to fix all of the prophecy issues. No personal interpretation, only biblical interpretations like the bible tells us, should fill in the puzzle of truth.

Guest truthseeker007

of course the list is way longer than i expressed above. lost my girlfriend, troubled relationship with parents, no contact with family (they hate me) etc etc.

• Moderators

At first I prayed for light:

Could I but see the way,

How gladly, swiftly would I walk

To everlasting day!

And next I prayed for strength:

That I might tread the road

With firm, unfaltering feet, and win

The heavens’ serene abode.

And then I prayed for faith:

Could I but trust my God,

I’d live infolded in His peace,

Though foes were all abroad.

But now I pray for love:

Deep love to God and man;

A living love that will not fail,

However dark His plan.

And light and strength and faith

Are opening everywhere!

God waited patiently until

I prayed the larger prayer.

I have not quoted this well known hymn to be judgemental, in any way, TruthSeeker. But from personal experience, I know we can pray specific prayers that may not be in God's plan for us. I will pray that His will for you may become apparent.

• Moderators

The hymn Nan quoted is perfect. It's right on point.

Sometimes we pray and feel our prayers aren't heard -- but it's just that God is answering them in a way we didn't expect.

You've already experienced the best start to rebuilding your life -- you're talking to your HUSBAND, and he's talking with you! That's the best way to work out problems in the home.

And I can tell you from long experience that divorce should not even be considered until everything else has failed. Divorce for those two darling children (3 years old and 8 months, wasn't it?) would be absolutely devastating. What they need now, most of all, is TWO PARENTS. You and your husband should make a pact that you will never fight in the presence of the children, and that you will each play with them and take care of them together as much as possible. If they have a good daddy and a good mommy, they have a chance of growing up as into healthy adults.

God bless you. Keep up the good work!

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

The hymn Nan quoted is perfect. It's right on point.

Sometimes we pray and feel our prayers aren't heard -- but it's just that God is answering them in a way we didn't expect.

You've already experienced the best start to rebuilding your life -- you're talking to your HUSBAND, and he's talking with you! That's the best way to work out problems in the home.

And I can tell you from long experience that divorce should not even be considered until everything else has failed. Divorce for those two darling children (3 years old and 8 months, wasn't it?) would be absolutely devastating. What they need now, most of all, is TWO PARENTS. You and your husband should make a pact that you will never fight in the presence of the children, and that you will each play with them and take care of them together as much as possible. If they have a good daddy and a good mommy, they have a chance of growing up as into healthy adults.

God bless you. Keep up the good work!

Thank you Jeannie for those encouraging words. My hubby is a tough cookie so I am praying that God will soften his heart. I am fighting with all my strength for this marriage because I know we can make it. If God is in control, how can we fail? And if we can both see it that way, we have many years of happiness to come. But that right now is our challenge.

My prayer is that we will both seek Him, individually, but more as a family, for our children to see that we believe in something so wonderful!! Thank you all for your continual prayers, I feel the spirit working over here!

One suggestion. Though I don't think that yelling, screaming, threatening, name calling, insulting, or other forms of fighting in front of the kids are at all appropriate (nor are they adult at all behind closed doors), I would like to encourage mature, calm, decent problem-solving in front of any kids over the age of about 7. God knows, they need the good example, or else they'll never learn how to do that right by the time they're adults and they find themselves in hard situations. I was raised being exposed to all the wrong stuff, and none of the right stuff, and it's only served to hurt me socially and in the romance department as well. I've been learning, the hard way, over the last almost 33 years, but really, it's stupid for it to have to take that long just to learn basic problem solving skills. Just my 2c worth.