ClubAdventist is back!

Marilyn Manson

Okay, there are two rumors going around about this guy, one of which I KNOW is false, but the other one I am having a hard time verifying. The first one is that he is the same guy who played Paul on Wonder Years (This rumor is in fact a lie, and I know it), but the other rumor is that he used to be Adventist. I have my serious doubts, but can anyone verify it either way? I have a couple of young, impressionable Adventist youth friends who are completely taken in by this rumor that Marilyn Manson was raised an Adventist.

Irrespective of Marilyn Manson's childhood challenges, the images and lyrics of the album 'Hollywood' appears exceptional. Its sartorial splendour lays in its parody of facts through conveying the structure and origins of papal mysticism--Equinoctial Christology and Kamite (Eqyptian) Mythology.<P>But apart from that, I find little personal comfort in the music.<P>- dolf<P><p>[:"#800080"][This message has been edited by dolf (edited January 14, 2001).]</font>

• 2 weeks later...

I saw on MTV an interview done with M.M. and he never mentioned anything about and SDA upbringing.Isn't it sad that the enemy takes our childrens minds and runs with them on issues that have no bearing on their salvation.<BR>P.S.:I no longer watch MTV.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know anything about Manson's background but he's causing a bit of a stir in Poland at the moment<P>POLAND-SATANISM<BR>WARSAW Feb 13 Sapa-DPA<P>ANTI-CULT COMMITTEE WANTS SATANISM BANNED IN POLAND<BR>A group working to prevent Polish teenagers joining cults announced Tuesday it intended to ask legislators to ban satanism in Poland, Polish media reported.<P>The move was planned to coincide with a controversial concert in Warsaw by American ultra-goth rock star Marilyn Manson, who critics here, among them politicians, religious and animal rights groups, accuse of promoting occult practices and inappropriate role models.<P>Ryszard Nowak, head of national anti-cult committee says his group aims to gather the 100,000 signatures needed for the anti-satanist citizens initiative to be forwarded to parliament.<P>Estimates indicate that some 30,000 young people have been drawn into a satanist underground in Poland, the 39-million strong homeland of Pope John Paul II reputed to be the most Catholic country in Europe.<P>A satanist-related double homicide in the southern Polish mining town of Ruda Slaska in 1999 sent shock waves across the country and sparked a heated public debate on measures to curb the rise of the death-obsessed youth subculture. – Sapa-DPA 02/13/01<BR>

• 1 month later...

Marilyn Manson wasn't an Adventist. He's actually a pretty talented guy who knows how to raise people's hackles and make more money that way. <P>Controvery is always more interesting, and Manson's figured out a way to get tons of free publicity! I've seen him interviewed and he's actually really articulate.<P>The person I think will actually have a harmful effect on people is Britney Spears (who is perceived as being innocent and appropriate for kids). She's got catchy tunes, but uses sex to sell them. Lots of parents get their kids her CDs, and though she is very talented, her marketing is going to cause trouble later on in the form of more premarital sex, etc.<P>Paul

• 2 months later...

in an interview Marilyn Manson says that he that his first memories of relgion were being taken to Episcopal church. His father was catholic and mother episcopal. he says that he went to a nondenominational christian school. <P>You can read the interview by clicking below.<P> <A HREF="http://www.beliefnet.com/frameset.asp?boardID=17182&pageloc=/story/78/story_7870_1.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.beliefnet.com/frameset.asp?boardID=17182&pageloc=/story/78/story_7870_1.html </A> [:white]<p>[ June 01, 2001: Message edited by: David ]

//_david

• 3 weeks later...

How did he select his name? I heard that he got his first name from a movie star who committed suicide--Marylin Monroe and his last name from a serial killer--Charles Manson...heavy stuff. It was said that several other rock stars used the same system.