ClubAdventist is back!

Peter Sarstedt

AndrewM

If his name doesn't ring a bell, international music lovers probably remember his 1969 hit "Where Do You Go to My Lovely?" It was one of my favourite songs growing up and at the time earned Sarstedt the title "the Dylan of Europe."<P>Just recently I thought that I'd type a few lyrics on a search engine because I remembered that the song had a beautiful message (even though a haven't heard it on the radio for over 10 years).<P>Immediately I got hold of the full lyrics and the name Peter Sarstedt as the singer.<P>I found Peter's newly constructed web site and left a message that I was a Seventh-day Adventist pastor in Canada and that his song was a favourite of mine.<P>Two days later I received an e-mail from Peter. He said that he and his older brother went to an SDA boarding school while they were growing up in India. He said that he remembers them serving peanut butter "a lot." He told me that his aunt was a Seventh-day Adventist and was the one who provided the money for the time he and his brother spent at the school in India. <P>Peter Sarstedt is still active and influential in the music business. He has performed with Genesis, among others, and has recently toured with Gerry and the Pacemakers.<P>------------------<BR>Be glad in all that God has planned for you, be patient in trouble and always be prayerful. Rom. 12:12 <I>NLT</I>

God wants spiritual fruit, not religious nuts.

• 4 years later...