ClubAdventist is back!

GOD Provides......

Liz

There is a Sunday-keeping church here in town, one Sunday they divvied up $100,000.00 dollars into envelopes and stuck them on the wall. Now each envelope contained different amounts of money, and no one knew how much each envelope held. Then the Pastor said to the congregation, "If you know of someone in need, take an envelope and pass it along."

Naturally we knew nothing about this.

One of the doctors we work for, told us to come to his home after work one day. He handed my husband an envelope and said that such and such church was just giving away money, and he thought of us. So he grabbed an envelope for us.

Now you have to understand, this particular doctor is a little eccentric--nice, but eccentric. So we left wondering, what this really was about, and decided that he just wanted to give us a tip, and didn't know of any other way of doing it.

Later that week, another doctor we work for called for some work. When we arrive the secretary handed my husband an envelope and said that she and her husband both go to such and such church and they put these money envelopes on the wall.

It is about here that we start thinking that this story sounds familiar.

Anyways, she grabbed an envelope for us, and when she got to the car she noticed that her husband had also grabbed an envelope. She asked him who he was thinking of when he grabbed his envelope; he said that little family you talk about--the one where the husband is going blind and the kids all have health problems. She said that is who I was thinking of when I grabbed my envelope. So she handed both envelopes to us.

How amazing is that?!?!? Not only do these people not know each other, but they happened to be in the same church on the same Sunday, and they were all thinking about my family. It just boggles my mind how GOD works in such ways as that.

Have a fabulous Sabbath everyone.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

What a cool story. Reminds me of that movie ... Pass it Forward .... I think was the title. Thanks for sharing your blessing with us.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Almost right. The movie was called "Pay It Forward".

But yes..it is a great idea and I am glad that church is doing this. It makes the giver feel SOO good about giving too!

• Administrators

God is good ... all the time. However, at times such as this we see His hand at work. I am happy for your family and know those who gave you the envelops were also blessed.

Thank you for sharing.

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Administrators

I love stories like this! Wow! Pay it forward (Yeah, I saw that movie, too- Helen Hunt)

I am so glad to see Naomi posting again! You and everyone who has posted here fill my heart with joy :)

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Moderators

That is so neat, what an amazing story and blessing! The Lord takes care of His children in many different ways, even though we can't see it! :) Thanks for sharing that with us!

Be Kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another...

Monticello.gif Monticello Georgia

cat_purrr.gif19.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

That's an amazing story. God uses so many different people to care for us!

Using the phrase "Pay it Forward" just reminds me that a week ago when I was in the beauty salon somebody came and told me my parking meter out on the street had run out of money. I searched my purse and didn't have a single coin. One of the other hairdressers in the salon [a gay male, incidentally] heard it, just took a quarter out of his drawer, went out and fed the meter. He refused to take my dollar or even any money. He just said "Pay it forward." [i only go to the hairdresser once every six weeks.... So I'll have to try to remember to offer it back to him next time I'm there. --Actually paying it forward will keep me on my toes even longer.]

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....