ClubAdventist is back!

Male Brutes

Woody

Are we ALL Brutes ???

Quote:
"Women are forced to a life of hardship, pain and suffering, because of the uncontrollable passions of men who bear the name of husband--more rightly could they be called brutes." {PH101 9.2}

husbands ... brutes

brutes .... husbands

I pray that's not meant for me.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

I don't know what "PH" is in your citation, but just taking the snippet that you pulled from it; the answer would be no, and most men wouldn't be.

The quote says the husband that forces his wife into a life of hardship, pain and suffering that type of husband would be the "brute"; but not the general population.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

• Moderators

Oh, nothing metrosexual about me at all - beefy and hairy all the way bwink Just gentle

Truth is important

beefy and hairy all the way bwink

TMI, I'd rather not have had this vision in my head. teehe

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

brute.jpg

HHouuummmmmmah, jus B kerfl you talkn about us broots 'ahin' 'r bakz. sniff n snuff.

sppTAHH - splat!

'er ul sic m'wyf on ye!!!

/dAb

dAb

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

Thanks dAb. Great picture. And how appropriate for this thread. Ya all are brutes.

I believe in Hematology.

I'm sorry Liz. PH is Pamphlet. It is a Pamphlet with the Testimony Relative to Marriage Duties and Extremes in The Health Reform (1869)

PH always stands for Pamphlet. Followed by the Pamphlet number.

But it is also in Counsels on Health , Messages to Young People, 2T , And the 1899 Review and Herald.

I just quoted the original posting from Mrs. White.

I believe in Hematology.

Yepp

I didn't put it in any kind of context. I'm just askin the questions. But you are free to provide us with any perceived context.

I believe in Hematology.

Oh, Redwood, are you feeling a little bored?

Ha Ha. You guessed right. Gotta stir up some good conversation. Things were getting boring. Time for a few snippets.

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
"Women are forced to a life of hardship, pain and suffering, because of the uncontrollable passions of men who bear the name of husband--more rightly could they be called brutes." {PH101 9.2}

uncontrollable means nothing can be done about it. nothing can control them.

Didn't she have any advice?

dAb

Quote:
"They do not see that God requires them to control their married lives from any excesses. But very few feel it to be a religious duty to govern their passions. They have united themselves in marriage to the object of their choice, and therefore reason that marriage sanctifies the indulgence of the baser passions. Even men and women professing godliness give loose rein to their lustful passions, and have no thought that God holds them accountable for the expenditure of vital energy, which weakens their hold on life and enervates the entire system." Ellen White, Testimonies, vol. 4, p. 472.

dAb

Quote:

uncontrollable means nothing can be done about it. nothing can control them.

Didn't she have any advice?

Apparently ... it is "uncontrollable". What can one do about it?

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
No woman should aid her husband in this work of self-destruction. She will not do it if she is enlightened and has true love for him. Ellen White, Adventist Home, pp. 124-126.

I think the poor lady suffered from a lot of guilt feelings about this subject. She even felt guilty about having one of her children because it interfered with her travels promoting her religious ideas.

dAb

Quote:
Even men and women professing godliness give loose rein to their lustful passions, and have no thought that God holds them accountable for the expenditure of vital energy, which weakens their hold on life and enervates the entire system." Ellen White, Testimonies, vol. 4, p. 472.

Like you said ... it is uncontrollable even for the very elect. I guess I am fortunate that I don't have much energy to be held accountable to.

I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

Yes, she was talking about sex...

The last sentence reflects the "medical" thinking of her era that sex drained a man of his life force. She and those promoting this line of thinking believed that sex was for procreation only.

Tom

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Quote:
Woe unto them that be with child, and give suck in these days, and if our workers were walking close with God, they would feel that it is no matter of rejoicing to bring a child into the world. A blessing is pronounced upon the eunuchs who keep the Lord's Sabbath. "Counsels Regarding Parenthood" (DF 360A), a document produced by the Ellen G. White Estate

dAb

Hear hear to the Sabbathian Eunuchs. hifivereyesthinkinghiyabiglaugh

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
"I was shown that Brother and Sister Van Horn had departed from God's counsel in bringing into the world children. God required all there was of them in His work and both could have done a good work for the Master, but the enemy came in and his counsel was followed, and the cause of God was robbed of the attention it should have had... The time has come when, in one sense, they that have wives be as though they had none." - Ellen White, MS 34, 1885

" Be fruitful and multiply."

dAb

"Love One Another"

I believe in Hematology.