ClubAdventist is back!

T he Lure of Sabbath Deception

CGMedley

Wayne<====(popping corn as he waits on Robert and John317) :-)

WayneV

Just remember these words of warning, for they will come to pass all too soon:

If you are ever flying through the desert and your canoe breaks down, remember that it takes three pancakes to lift the doghouse, because there ain't nary a bone in ice cream!

I think I'd rather hear about the popcorn!

We had an interesting experience last week. A man came to our business mentioned that he gets into discussions with Pentecostals about the sabbath day.

My husband said he and his wife keep Saturday for Sabbath. He said, "I know."

He doesn't want to belong to any church but has a mission to promote the 7th day Sabbath. He has heard about our churh and said he may visit some time.

When we hear about people 'out there' who are ready for the message - they come in all disguises. I will look for his appearance at our church and pray the the members will be on their 'best behaviour'

We were discussing our favorite fast food restaurants today at lunch, and Chick fil A came up. I mentioned that the one thing I didn't like about that chain was how sanctimonious they seem to get because they take Sunday off. As soon as I said it I knew that blurp was going to be challenged because I was the only sabbatarian there. Sure enough, one of my co-workers quckly chimed in about how those people working for chick fil a deserve to take off because they work 6 days a week. I wanted to counter that remark with something about not taking the right day off, but I let the moment pass. None of the people I was talking with even go to church period. So, explaining the differencwes between what day is observed as a rest day would of been lost on them.

As ther article points out that is the mindset of a large part of the world today, but in and out of the church.

DB

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

We were discussing our favorite fast food restaurants today at lunch, and Chick fil A came up. I mentioned that the one thing I didn't like about that chain was how sanctimonious they seem to get because they take Sunday off. As soon as I said it I knew that blurp was going to be challenged because I was the only sabbatarian there. Sure enough, one of my co-workers quckly chimed in about how those people working for chick fil a deserve to take off because they work 6 days a week. I wanted to counter that remark with something about not taking the right day off, but I let the moment pass. None of the people I was talking with even go to church period. So, explaining the differencwes between what day is observed as a rest day would of been lost on them.

As the article points out that is the mindset of a large part of the world today, both in and out of the church.

DB

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass