ClubAdventist is back!

Marky Mark Wahlberg

Tommi

Read this news: <A HREF="http://www.beliefnet.com/story/86/story_8633_1.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.beliefnet.com/story/86/story_8633_1.html</A>

Another Adventitst urban legend is looking for Mark. <P>Sandy Golden is a pioneer in the anti drunk- driving movement. He's a co-founder and first executive president of MADD and the main person responsible for getting the government to put the drinking age up to 21. This saves over 25,000 US lives anually. <P>Sandy, a Jew, became a Adventist last year. His "Alcohol-Free Kids" (he's President of that organization, which also deals with underage tobacco use) is based in Loma Linda, California. Sandy would like to meet Mr. Wahlberg, perhaps thorough his pastor.<P>Sandy is at ease with celebrities (he told me he had breakfast with Paul Williams earlier this month) and top government officials (he's gone to the White House twice).<P>If anyone can help locate Mark or give any leads on how to contact him, Sandy would be deligted to speak with him.<P>By the way, Tommi, my mom is from Estonia. She fled from there during WW II. I have two aunts who live in Estonia now.<p>[ August 24, 2001: Message edited by: AndrewM ]

God wants spiritual fruit, not religious nuts.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pastor Andrew!<P>How are you? <P>Please pardon my ignorance...What is meant by "NLT" for the Bible version you used? I don't think I have heard of that one before. I would like to check it out. []images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/]<P>Thanks<P>David

Hi David!<P>NLT is the New Living Translation. It is a translation rather than a paraphrase. Some have found faults with it (especially since it has something to do with Kenneth Taylor's "Living Bible"), but for sheer reading and "geting it" while reading it in a normal manner, it sure beats the stilted stain glass versions out there. It is also gender-inclusive, although it sometimes goes to ridiculous lengths to be that way.<P>Anyway, an article in the "Canadian Post" also says that Mark became an Adventist (it claims that he "went Jayne Fonda on us").

• 4 months later...

Well, sad as it is, I have it on a pretty good authority, that the whole event was staged and he is a fake. Not an SDA.

[]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/]

Stan

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

Stan,<p>If it is real, and not "staged," then one of us would have to eat some humble pie.<p>Mrs. Gray similarly is "at ease" with celebrities, for she has met many at different times. They are people just as we are, and their emotions are definitely not immune from public criticism.<p>There is very little motivation that Mr. Wahlberg could have had for "faking" his conversion to Adventism. It could be that he was truly interested in Adventism, but when he came here, he was sharply criticized and judged as a "fake." Mrs. Gray would dare say that few here could withstand the degree of pressure.<p>Adventists, or maybe humans in general, have a sad way of shooting the wounded and building up people just to tear them down. You note how people wish to seek him out for his celebrity status, but care very little about who he really is as a person. <p>Mrs. Gray has it on good authority that the event was real, and that Mr. Wahlberg did join the Adventist Church, but disappeared after the "saints" judged him harshly for his very public past and at the same time relentlessly pursued his celebrity status. For those who pursued this course of action, Mrs. Gray assumes there will be a warm place in hell.<p>Sincerely,<p>Mrs. Gray

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Margaret Gray:

<strong>Stan,<p>If it is real, and not "staged," then one of us would have to eat some humble pie.

It could be that he was truly interested in Adventism, but when he came here, he was sharply criticized and judged as a "fake." Mrs. Gray would dare say that few here could withstand the degree of pressure.<p>Mrs. Gray</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Mrs Gray, <p>I do hope that is true, and am so willing to eat humble pie.<p>I wonder if we know some of the same people, That would be cool.<p>Stan

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

A few weeks ago the Review had a commentary about the whole mix-up. It said that Mark (although they did not use his last name, we knew who they were referring to) was a Roman Catholic--not an Adventist.<p>The original article on this thread mentioned that some Mark's family were Adventist and he has to "set a good example" for them in the movie roles that he takes. Discovering the truth about this (since a couple of his siblings are also famous) might lead us to know whazzzup.<p>About fakes--"by their fruits ye shall know them."

• 1 year later...