ClubAdventist is back!

McCain's VP Sarah Palin

Gov. of Alaska and

[quote name="NYTimes, - MICHAEL COOPER and ELISABETH BUMILLER

Published: August 29, 2008

"] Ms. Palin, a former mayor of the small town of Wasilla and beauty pageant queen, first rose to prominence as a whistle-blower uncovering ethical misconduct in state government.

dAb

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• D. Allan

• olger

• Dr. Shane

• CyberGuy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

McCain hopes to attract women but why someone so inexperienced?

She's pretty. But for beauty - i prefer Hillary!

Palin1.JPG

It is going to be interesting ! :)

/dAb

dAb

What an amazing move!!!! I didn't think McCain was smart enough to pick a woman VP. This is not a dig at McCain himself, just that I figured his advisors would go with some of the other names that were being bandied about.

This is really going to be a fun election.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

It sure is, Liz! :)

Ms Palin seems to be unconcerned about polar bears:

"Protecting polar bears gets in way of drilling for oil, says governor"

The polar bear should be removed from the endangered species list because its protected status will hamper drilling for oil and gas in Alaska, the state's Republican Governor has demanded.

Sarah Palin is suing the Bush Administration over its decision last week to place the animal under the protection of the Endangered Species Act, claiming that climate models predicting the continued loss of sea ice - the main habitat of polar bears - are unreliable.

read Full Article here

post-127-140967430892_thumb.jpg

dAb

Who's Sarah Palin? She's Hot where He's Not

Forget regional balance and those white guys in suits. Alaska's young, hot, Vogue-posing, female Republican governor could become the popular favorite to be Sen. John McCain's running mate.

Named by Alaska Magazine as "America's Hottest Governor," Palin (pronounced Pay-lin) is getting big buzz in the conservative press and talk radio. Fans have a "Draft Sarah Polin" movement. What better balance for the 71-year-old nominee who could be facing a 46-year-old phenomenon?

A former athlete and beauty queen, Palin's approval ratings hover in 90 percent zone. Take that Barack. She was born in 1964 (1936 for McCain) and has four kids named Bristol, Piper, Track, and Willow. She could win Marin County on that alone. Plus a handsome fisherman hubby known as "First Dude."

Palin became a public hero taking on special interests, who practically own the Alaska political establishment. Forced to resign from the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission after complaining to Republican Gov. Frank Murkowski about corruption,she was banished to the political wilderness before coming back to defeat Murkowski in the GOP primary.

Palin forced the Alaska legislature into special session to increase oil taxes -- yes, that's oil taxes -- in Alaska, a Republican welfare state. And she vetoes public works projects.

A Wonkette blogger confesses a "total girl crush." Step aside Hillary.

Conservative Weekly Standard pundit Fred Barnes flew up to Alaska to check her out. The magazine thinks her "relative youth and short tenure in office" may hurt her chances. Since when?

Her office says she has not been contacted by anyone for the job and has her hands full in Alaska.

Posted By: Carolyn Lochhead (Email) | March 01 2008 at 11:04 AM

/dAb

dAb

It will be interesting to watch the liberal women struggle whether they are most loyal to liberalism or feminism. This is great.

og

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

I'm sure Obama would be more tactful than that! :)

Things keep getting "more interestinger."

palinbook049.jpg

Two yr. old Sarah and her pets. :)

/dAb

dAb

• Moderators

He's just rolling the dice.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

I think you are right about that, Jeannie.

He would like to fool us with glamour. Earlier this year He was putting Paris Hilton in his ads! :) Should his wife be jealous? Anyway it is policies and character and not personalities that should inform our choice.

palinbook059.jpg

Miss Wasilla, 1984

dAb

Palin a maverick that has upset the entire Republican establishment. McCain wants to change the Republican party and Palin is on board with that. Palin has herself went after the big oil companies and government corruption. She is exactly what Obama said Washington needs, a solution from outside not inside. She is a fantastic choice.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

She's pretty. But for beauty - i prefer Hillary!

Palin1.JPG

It is going to be interesting ! :)

/dAb

Indeed....Me thinks that McCain has prolly won....

After all, this lady is cute for a politician....So, being the pessimist that I am, sex still sells. Doesn't matter what Obama/Biden says....What does McCain want?

And if we elect him, who cares if some nutty wacko decides to knock off our President McCain...we got this pretty lady VP...what's her name again????

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

There are some things that need changing! :) Was it finicial corruption she fought in Alaska (there she is know as “Sarah Barracuda”) ? As for oil co.s - she wants to drill in the Alaskan Wildlife Refuge. - Polar bears and other wildlife, "you're on your own!" Inexperience is her big problem. She's only been a Gov. not even a yr. yet. Before that she was mayor of some small town, Walsilla, I think. So if John McCain is incapacitated by cancer or a stroke or heart attack - do we want to trust the whole USA to her? In the other party it would be the well qualified Biden, but Barack is still young and healthy, so I doubt there is a problem there. She asked in an interview on CNBC "Just what is it that a vice-president does every day?"

Plus there is an ethics investigation that might blow up into a big storm:

Quote:
"But she has her own ethics concern, the subject of an investigation of whether the governor’s office was involved in the firing a state trooper who was in the midst of a nasty divorce from Palin’s sister — Troopergate with a bit of Alaska Gothic thrown in." -Timothy Egan, 'Outposts, Ms Alaska' NYTimes Aug. 29, 2008

Miss Wasilla, 1984 - age c. 20

post-127-140967430893_thumb.jpg

dAb

Indeed....Me thinks that McCain has prolly won....

After all, this lady is cute for a politician....So, being the pessimist that I am, sex still sells. Doesn't matter what Obama/Biden says....What does McCain want?

And if we elect him, who cares if some nutty wacko decides to knock off our President McCain...we got this pretty lady VP...what's her name again????

Very astute commentary there Neil! Just wish he had picked a younger woman. Say 19 or 20. Prolly in future Pres. hopefuls will profit by your analysis and latch on the the younger more beautiful types. Hmmm, I wonder who Hillary would have chosen...for her VP? A cuty guy? ... any idea at all? Can't wait to hear your expert opinion. :)

/dAb

dAb

Quote:
She's only been a Gov. not even a yr. yet. Before that she was mayor of some small town

Actually before being governor she was head of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission. So yes, we can say she is an expert when it comes to the energy issue.

As far as polar bears and the wildlife preserve, I think someone that actually lives in Alaska would know more about that than some city slicker or college professor. Being that she is an outdoorswoman and the governor of Alaska, I would say she is an expert on on arctic wildlife.

You have to admit this politcal chess game is getting very interesting.

First Obama picks Binden to counter his foreighn policy inexperience.

Then McCain picks Sarah Palin to counter his lack of youth and to attract women voters to his camp plus the fact Sarah is very conservative and pro life which will attract the conservative voters.

Sarah as a reputation as a good debator. The VP debates should prove very interesting. Can Biden be as hardnosed in his attacks without alienating women voters. He has to tread a minefield on that.

Yes this political chess game just got a whole lot more interesting. Yes indeed.

riverside.gif Riverside CA

"Protecting polar bears gets in way of drilling for oil, says governor"

Quote:

The polar bear should be removed from the endangered species list because its protected status will hamper drilling for oil and gas in Alaska, the state's Republican Governor has demanded.

Sarah Palin is suing the Bush Administration over its decision last week to place the animal under the protection of the Endangered Species Act, claiming that climate models predicting the continued loss of sea ice - the main habitat of polar bears - are unreliable.

- be glad you're not a polar bear! :)

She is claiming that scientists are wrong about disappearing artic ice?

Actually before being governor she was head of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission. So yes, we can say she is an expert when it comes to the energy issue.

There is a lot of money to be collected by Alaska in taxing oil! An expert on energy is someone knows we need to plan for reducing our useage of oil. Like T.Boone Pickens.

dAb

• Administrators

Simple comparison of the executive judgment and wisdom of the two candidates picking their running mate:

Obama picks a well respected and nationally recognized person with wisdom, years of experience in US government and foreign affairs.

McCain picks a beauty queen from Alaska.

'nuf said...

Tom

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

McCain's pick shows his commitment to changing the Republican Party. Both McCain and Palin are known as mavericks. The VP pick tells us a lot about the canidate.

Obama's pick of an inside-the-beltway Democrat may mean we can expect more of the same in his cabinet. I like Obama but I do fear that if elected he will fill his cabinet with a bunch of usual politicians and it will be politics as usual.

Simple comparison of the executive judgment and wisdom of the two candidates picking their running mate:

Obama picks a well respected and nationally recognized person with wisdom, years of experience in US government and foreign affairs.

McCain picks a beauty queen from Alaska.

'nuf said...

Tom

I agree...I am voting for McCain because sex sells!!!

Tom, ya nailed that one succinctly...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

"She's pretty. But for beauty - i prefer Hillary!" Quote: D.Allan

You gotta be kidding!

No, I'm serious, Glad! There is something about her...

She is a more classy woman, (never shoots polar bears)...

She has that 'je ne sait quoi' that .....

Besides she has good political and social goals for our country. We will be hearing more from her, i'm sure. I hope.

post-127-140967430896_thumb.jpg

dAb

I will not base my vote on anyone's physical appearance. McCain does have my attention with this pick. I was leaning more toward Obama before. Now I really have my eyebrows raised. This kind of tells me McCain really wants to reform Washington and shake up the Republican Party. That has my attention.

The big million dollar question is will this pick of Sarah Palin get enough of the women vote to swing the election to McCain? Time will tell.

riverside.gif Riverside CA

• Administrators

The big million dollar question is will this pick of Sarah Palin get enough of the women vote to swing the election to McCain? Time will tell.

And that transparently is the reason for the pick - political pandering at its finest.

It certainly isn't because of her astute sense of what it takes to be the VP of the USA - by her own admission she doesn't know.

It certainly isn't because she has anything to offer by way of experience if she had to take over as Prez of the USA for 77 year old McCain - Beauty Queen, Mom, wife, 1 year as governor of Alaska and small town mayor.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)