ClubAdventist is back!

Obama Now Says He Considered the Military, Regrets Abortion Answer

Originally Posted By: Shane
those receiving the death penalty are not innocent life.

Wow, that's a big assumption.

It is not an assumption at all. It is the finding of a court of law composed of a jury of their peers. Hard to compare that to an unborn child.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Originally Posted By: Shane
Pro-life is about protecting innocent life.

They really aren't too concerned about innocent Iraqi and Afghan civilians.

The United States has spent millions of dollars on smart bombs and other high-tech weapons in order to minimize civilian casualties. That shows a lot of concern about innocent Iraqi and Afghan civilians. Russian should take a lesson from us.

It's interesting Shane ... that the left doesn't criticize Russia. Only the US.

Where is the outrage for what is going on in Georgia.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Or China.

During the 50s, 60s, and 70s, the Left hardly made a peep as millions of people were murdered by the Russians and Chinese communists.

Because Marxists do not consider it immoral for violence to be used in the establishment and defense of the communist parties or the workers states. It is simply a fact that anyone can read in Marxist literature. Violence is only "wrong" when it is used by the capitalistic system against the workers or in opposition to their interests.

That is not a popular thing to say, I realize, but it is the truth. There are two standards of morality: one for the capitalist class and one for the working masses. Anything that advances the cause of the working classes is fine.

That is why the Left is generally silent when it comes to the murder of people by governments such as Cuba and China, or in the past, the USSR.

These things can be found written clearly in Marx, Engels, Trotsky, Lenin, Mao, etc.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Originally Posted By: carolaa

Wow' date=' that's a big assumption. [/quote']

It is not an assumption at all. It is the finding of a court of law composed of a jury of their peers. Hard to compare that to an unborn child.

Oh, so that's how you define guilt - the finding of a court of law. Many innocent people have been falsely sent to death row and executed. Yes, they ARE innocent, whether it falls into your definition of guilt or not.

Originally Posted By: carolaa

They really aren't too concerned about innocent Iraqi and Afghan civilians.

The United States has spent millions of dollars on smart bombs and other high-tech weapons in order to minimize civilian casualties. That shows a lot of concern about innocent Iraqi and Afghan civilians. Russian should take a lesson from us.

Really?! Then how is it possible that we are killing so many innocent civilians?

Carolaa ... would you really like to compare our methods to the Russians or the terrorists? Are you serious here or just playing politics?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Compared to past US wars and present wars being fought by other nations, there hasn't been a lot of civilian casualties. Russia killed an estimated 2,000 people in six days in South Ossetia!

• Moderators

I'm sure it's a great comfort to the Iraqis who have died - perhaps 100,000, perhaps 200,000 - to know of the US's solicitous concern for their welfare.

Truth is important

Didn't you know Olger ... we are to treat animals as we do humans ... you know .... "humanely" . After all - animals DO have RIGHTS. Probably more rights than you and I have according to the ACLU.
Aaron is gonna be in BIG trouble. Probably get arrested or something...

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Moderators

Even one death is too many. But what we are talking about is the fact that the policy of America in warfare is to try to keep from killing civilians. During the bombings, the Iraqis knew this and showed their confidence in this by going out on their roof-tops and watching the light-show.

It's a well known fact that American troops as a whole are not interested in killing innocent civilians. If you think otherwise, please consult the history books on warfare.

I say this with a full knowledge of what happened at Mi Lai and other places. But those things were the exception rather than the rule.

If you want to compare what we have done with what happens when a nation really does those things intentionally and as part of their policy, compare it with the Russians going into Berlin or with what the Japanese did in China.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Estimates for Iraqi casualties are between 50,000 and 100,000. Most of them were killed by insurgents - not the US. However if the US killed at the same rate as the Russians in South Ossetia there would be 669,000 dead Iraqi civilians and 48,000 dead Iraqi military.

Carolaa ... would you really like to compare our methods to the Russians or the terrorists? Are you serious here or just playing politics?

I was talking about being pro-life.