ClubAdventist is back!

Why vote Republican?

First, Planned Parenthood raised the issue of McCain's family values regarding protecting toddlers...

Second, there has been alot of stuff from Obama's past brought up as solidifying his extreme left views....And yet, McCain's past is off limits...Well, that changes....We look at what McCain's past has been...And we see that McCain is not nearly as squeeky clean as some would like to protray him as. Some would like to protray Palin as just a soccer mom...and a lady out to change Washington...Instead, we see a lady who is not out to protect the public as she is out to save the almighty buck, violating the city's/goverment mandate to protect it's citizens.....

Third, what is McCain stance on booze and the drinking age?

Fourth, you have to admit, that Cindy McCain is a looker. It is amazing that she looks as good as she does...It's sad that McCain couldn't honor his vows to his first wife..."in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer"....

Yeah, I can see McCain as a person who's made mistakes...And yeah, they do, IMO, rule out that he has the character for the office of the US.

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John317

• jasd

• Bravus

• Neil D

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Shane, please allow your Republican filtered eyes to read more carefully... reyes

The source of the entire article, as clearly highlighted by Neil, is the Christian Science Monitor. Only the first part is refering to Planned Parenthood ad. Do you suppose the Christian Science Monitor supports family values?!?!

And the topic is really beyond family values, it was about preventing child sexual abuse. The ad source is beside the point. (Even hardened criminals react with strong moral indignation against child sexual abusers, which certainly doesn't diminish its horribleness...) The Christian Science Monitor is accurately, and justifiably reporting the lie of the McCain ad. Regardless of the source of the criticism, the fact remains that the McCain approved ad in question grossly distorts the truth about Obama and the legislation in question.

On your other point - McCain's admitted greatest moral failure - that reminds of what he likewise admitted as being "the worst mistake of my life". That was his ethics slip up of being a part of the Keating Five. Of that experience he also said, "The appearance of it was wrong. It's a wrong appearance when a group of senators appear in a meeting with a group of regulators, because it conveys the impression of undue and improper influence. And it was the wrong thing to do."

Tom

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Let me respond in the same order.

1. It seems McCain's campaign consultants didn't do enough homework on the sex education bill Obama supported. Simple as that.

2. Everyone knows McCain's past. This isn't the first time he has ran for President. When a man expresses public repentance like McCain as done for the failure of his first marriage and Obama as done for his alcohol and drug abuse, we need to move on.

3. The issue of the drinking age is one of states rights verses federalism.

4. Again, see the answer for #2. Focusing just on looks is a bit naive too. Adultery is very common in the military culture. McCain was a Navy captain who was away from his wife for long periods of time. He admits what he did was wrong. He is ashamed of it and has expressed remorse publicly. I think it is time to let it go.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Quote:
the topic is really beyond family values, it was about preventing child sexual abuse.

Let's take some of the SPIN out of this for our readers not familiar with the issue.

McCain ran an ad attacking Obama for supporting sex education for kindergartners. (Shane stated the McCain ad was an example of a "swiftboat" ad against Obama) The sex education bill covered various levels of school and the only "sex education" that the kindergartners would receive is how to avoid sexual predators. It seems the McCain campaign didn't do good research and it has come back to bite them.

1] IOWs, McCain screwed up. His mistake. Ok, so something I said has apparently scored a hit here. And I was right there.

2] I will allow his divorcing his wife. However, the circumstances surrounding it play a big role in determining why he divorced. Was it because his wife became disfigured or was it because he was playing around or both? If she divorce him, I have no problem with him running for president. However, if he was playing around, and then divorced his wife....I do have a problem with that....especially if he divorced his wife due to her disfigurment....

3] Seems to me I read somewhere that Palin supports the drinking age at 18....[he said a bit wistfully]..I could be wrong on this...

4] See #2. PS I have said that I hold my military to a higher standard...Especially my officers. Playing around is not cool.

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

>>Instead, we see a lady who is not out to protect the public as she is out to save the almighty buck, violating the city's/goverment mandate to protect it's citizens....<<

Calling – Earth to the huffingtonpost nation – hello, hello...?

Quote:
Quote:Tom Wetmore

That was his ethics slip up of being a part of the Keating Five.

The appearance of an “ethical slip up” is not a determination of wrongdoing. Granted, McCain acted improperly; however,

the Senate Ethics Committee, in a Democratic Congress, cleared McCain of any wrongdoing – not wrongheadedness – wrongdoing.

"In addition to local schools informing kindergarteners that babies do not come from the stork, the state legislation Obama supported in Illinois, which contained an 'opt out' provision for parents, also envisioned teaching kindergarteners about 'inappropriate touching,' according to Obama's presidential campaign. Despite Obama's support, the legislation was not enacted." --ABC NEWS

NOTE: That is, in addition to "age appropriate" (what's THAT?) sex education for kindrgarterners, Obama also envisioned teaching "inappropriate touching".

Okay, that part about "inappropriate touching" is good; however, that does not negate the fact that Obama advocated "age appropriate" sex education for kindergarteners. That, specifically, was the issue raised by the

McCain ad.

• Administrators

...Seems to me I read somewhere that Palin supports the drinking age at 18....[he said a bit wistfully]..I could be wrong on this...

I had heard something to that effect, though I don't recall where. But it seems that Palin doesn't want to restrict boozing opportunities according to today's Washington Post:

Quote:
Palin took office as mayor in October 1996 with a show of force. She fired the museum director and demanded that the other department heads submit resignation letters, saying she would decide whether to accept them based on their loyalty, according to news reports at the time. She clashed with Police Chief Irl Stambaugh over his push for moving bar closing time from 5 a.m. to 2 a.m. and for his opposition to state legislation to allow people to carry guns in banks and bars.

I also love the brainless NRA logic, that she supported, of permitting people to carry their guns into banks and bars. reyes

Tom

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Why, tom, you got to carry them guns to kill the ruthless moose who hold up banks, and the grizzlies and polars bears that just up and whack you for no reason..... adoh

George Bernard Shaw

yeah, and those enforcer bears are just a pain to deal with...Best to shoot it out with them and kill'em where they stand....

George Bernard Shaw

>>She clashed with Police Chief Irl Stambaugh over his push for moving bar closing time from 5 a.m. to 2 a.m. and for his opposition to state legislation to allow people to carry guns in banks and bars.<<

It was Palin's prerogative to change the guard, if you will. Besides, hmm, like, a fired police chief doesn’t have a gripe? especially, if there are a bunch of 'bama associates wanderin' around Alaska with briefcases stuffed full of 'walking around money'... Anyway, like,

doesn’t Alaska have its own unique daylight-saving time?

Per ‘carrying’: that is permissible all over our Blessed America – it’s called concealed carry permit. Big deal. Oh, mebbe,

the clinker is the [woo-woo] bugaboo NRA! bwink

Jesus Christ advocated and St Peter ‘carried’.

>>Why, tom, you got to carry them guns to kill the ruthless moose who hold up banks, and the grizzlies and polars bears that just up and whack you for no reason.....<<

Ah well, I s’pose, disregarding the vein it tracks, a little attempt at humour ought tah be appreciated...

for what it is.

When you think about it, if more women in Alaska were carrying guns maybe there would be less rapes. There is something about a woman carrying a gun that makes a man think twice.