ClubAdventist is back!

Whatcha readin?

Gail

"Popular Beliefs, are they Biblical" by Sam Bacciochi

What a wealth of research went into this University quality manuscript. We are studying it as an advance SDA class in church.

Put away any prejudice you may have against the writer and wet your feet in this volume, is my recommendation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gail

• phkrause

• Cosmin M.

• Jeannieb43

Right now, I am reading The Rogues by Jane Yolen and Robert J.Harris.

n227627.jpg

Quote:
When everyone in his Scottish village is violently evicted from their land by the laird, Roddy Macallan knows he must find a way to fight back. As his family escapes, making their way through the Scottish Highlands bound for Glasgow, Roddy sneaks home in search of a treasure his mother once told him was hidden there. But the search becomes more than that when Roddy teams up with a Robin Hood-like rogue who roams the Highlands just ahead of the unscrupulous laird.
k3ur8n.gif

• Members

Is this fiction Cosmin? Shame on you! hahahahahahehehehehehohohohoho :) Just kidding. :)

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

It is. But there is not magic/impossible things involved. It could have happened. Also, it is based on true history.

k3ur8n.gif

• Administrators

They call that historical fiction. We sell lifelike stories like that at the ABC.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

Looks interesting, Cosmin! Tell us how you are enjoying it

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Right now, I am at the part after the plagues and when they escaped the Egyptians. It is really interesting. You guys should read it.

k3ur8n.gif

• Moderators

Yes, Cosmin. I just finished that part. I'm reading my Bible through this year, so I read it in the NKJV.

You're right. It IS interesting.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

• Administrators

So, Cosmin, do you know yet what you will start next?

I am reading Mrs. White's biography written by her grandson Arhtur White.

I have a feeling not many SDAs read Mrs. White's books. This biography is very inspiring. One may think, as the White's were doing God's work, their paths should have been smooth. To learn their struggle teachs me to humble myself. It consists of six volumes, each volume is just under 500 pages. It is a good Sabbath afternoon book to read. It may even inspire you to read any other days of the week.

Won

• Administrators

I am reading Mrs. White's biography written by her grandson Arhtur White.

I have a feeling not many SDAs read Mrs. White's books. This biography is very inspiring. One may think, as the White's were doing God's work, their paths should have been smooth. To learn their struggle teachs me to humble myself. It consists of six volumes, each volume is just under 500 pages. It is a good Sabbath afternoon book to read. It may even inspire you to read any other days of the week.

I LOVED this series! It took me 6 months to get through it but worth it!

• Administrators

reading "Dune"

What's that?

Next, I probably will read... The Bible (Like usual. :P) but I will also read those manuals they have on planes about safety. tongue

Leaving for Romania on the 12th of June!

k3ur8n.gif

• Members

Stay safe, and have a great vacation.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• 3 weeks later...

Quote:
reading "Dune"

How do you like it? The only SF I can remember reading was The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury. Very good.

dab

dAb

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

Quote:
reading "Dune"

How do you like it? The only SF I can remember reading was The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury. Very good.

dab

That was last month. Didn't like it. I'm sure Bradbury's book was much better.

Prs God, frm whm blssngs flw

http://www.zoelifestyle.com/jmccall

OK, thanks. I won't bother with 'Dune.' There are so many other good things to read.

Bradbury's book was like a collection of SF stories and easily digestible.

dab

dAb

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

The Last Day Events-E.G.White, Creeping Compromise- Joe Crews and watching alot of Dr. Walter Vieght stuff from amazingdiscoveries.org

Lisa A. Milner

I like watching Walter Veith videos via youtube.

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

Right now I am reading LONE SURVIVOR by Marcus Luttrell. In June of 2005, four SEAL's were surrounded by over 100 Taliban members.

I am only half way through, but it is an amazing read. I have always had high respect for SEAL's, but somehow I have even more respect for them.

Right now, we are reading aloud as a family, IN THE NICK OF TIME by Ted Bell. This is pure fiction, but my whole family really likes this book. A 12 year old boy, wants so very badly to be a hero. It is set at the very beginnings of WWII.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.