ClubAdventist is back!

Hamas: Pride for All Muslims

Dr. Shane

Ahmadinejad: Iran will support Hamas until collapse of Israel

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad vowed Friday to keep supporting the Palestinian militant group Hamas until the "collapse of Israel."

The Iranian news agency Khabar quoted Ahmadinejad as telling Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh that Iran views the support of the Palestinian people as part of its religious and national duty and that Iran will stand behind the Palestinian nation "until the big victory feast which is the collapse of the Zionist regime."

In a phone conversation between the two leaders, the Iranian president said that the continued Hamas resistance against Israel and the group's achievements would always be "a source of pride for all Muslims."

[text from link]

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Moderators

Please explain why you believe this.

I'd be interested to know what the Israeli position is and what you think Israel's policy should be with regard to self-defense and their relationship to those who would destroy them.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Members

I work in the printing industry. We have equipment that was built in Israel that a lot of printing company's use. When we have problems with this equipment we have this company come in and fix it. This company has Israelis and Palestinians that work side by side. Both of them say that the only reason for all the problems are all the anti Israeli country's in the region, that want this to continue. The only thing that all these other country's really want is the same thing if not more than Hilter wanted is the complete removal of all Jews period. Most Israelis want Israel to live in peace with the Palestinians. As a matter of fact there are a number of cities right now in Israel that that is happening. The Jews have never said that they want to be rid of all Arabs in the world. They have never committed terrorist acts againist muslims. They have never committed acts of violence againist any other group of people. The Jews have been the most abused group throughout history. Sorry I didn't mean to go on so long.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

The Jews have never . . . committed terrorist acts againist muslims. They have never committed acts of violence againist any other group of people. pk

What do you call what they are doing now?

Please explain why you believe this.

I'd be interested to know what the Israeli position is and what you think Israel's policy should be with regard to self-defense and their relationship to those who would destroy them.

I'm far from an expert on the Middle East, but I see what they are doing to the Palestinians as evil. Why are they not allowing them to leave if they want to? They are holding them prisoners with their siege, trying to starve them all to death. The Palestinians are the ones who were forced out of their homes back 50 or so years ago (which, of course, they have not forgotten). And now Israel is trying to expand their territory into Gaza, encroaching even more on the Palestinians' land. Please tell me what is right about this.

• Members

Why? are they riding buses and blowing them up? Are they sending there women to the homes of there neighbors and blowing them up? I'm not saying that they are all treating palestineans with respect. I don't condone everything that jews are doing to there arab neighbors. Have you ever read the book "Lawrence in Arabia". You should check this book out. Also did you know that when the British left Palestine to the UN to settle the problems, the UN split the country in half that the Jews had no problem with that. But the Arabs would have nothing to do with that decession. The Jews have been the only ones to give in to all consestions, the Arabs have never given in to anything. Like I've mentioned before I have people I know that live there. Both Israelis and Palestinians, and I believe them much more about what's going on than any newspaper or the media.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

Yes, the problems are certainly complex, and I don't see any way to solve it to the satisfaction of either side.

There are terrible injustices on both sides.

If we go back into history, it seems obvious that the Palestinians made a mistake by not accepting the UN suggestion, which would have solved many of the major problems they are having now.

It is like pkrause said, "Did you know that when the British left Palestine to the UN to settle the problems, the UN split the country in half that the Jews had no problem with that. But the Arabs would have nothing to do with that decision."

But of course you can't change what's happened.

One solution would be if the other Palestinian states, such as Jordan and Syria and other Muslim nations, would help the Palestinians out with land and money, because those countries would be able to do that if they wanted to.

But to tell the the truth, it seems to me that it is to the benefit of some of those nations and to various organizations to keep the pot stirred. Some of them don't seem to me to want peace because their whole purpose for being is in the problems over there between Israel and the Palestinians. If there was peace, they wouldn't know what to do and wouldn't have a reason for existing.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Members

Good post john.

pk

phkrause

• Moderators

And to think that despite all these problems over there, I plan to visit Israel in the next year if possible. I want to walk where Jesus walked. Now, how's that for walking on the wild side?!

I sure don't want to come back until I also visit Tyre.

• Moderators

I used to side with the Palestinians almost completely back in the early 1970s-- but that was before they started strapping bombs on their babies and little children for the purpose of blowing up anybody that happened to be around at the time. I cannot imagine hating or feeling such vengeance that I would blow up my own children in order to punish my neighbor or other people. It certainly proves the depth of their anger and outrage, for sure.

The conflict has a long history and wrongs have been done on both sides. Both sides should accept that and accept they need to decide where to go from here. Palestinians are Arabs. The borders in the Middle East were artificially drawn. They were drawn by the UN at the end of WW2.

They are not historic boundaries of ethnic groups or families. So to claim that Palestine belongs to the Palestinians is the same as saying Palestine belongs to the Arabs. There is no difference genetically between an Arabs from Egypt, Syria, Lebanon or Iraq. They all belong to the same ethnic group.

Co-existence is the solution but some extreme elements of both sides do not want co-existence. Most notably are the extremes on the Arabs side because they are in power and they are the ones waging jihad against the Jews.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Just heard on Fox ... that Great Britain has just now agreed to accept Islamic Law. Not sure the particulars of this new ruling. Does anyone know?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Just heard on Fox ... that Great Britain has just now agreed to accept Islamic Law. Not sure the particulars of this new ruling. Does anyone know?

This may be it:

Quote:
Controversial: Dr Rowan Williams believes the introduction of Sharia law to Britain will help maintain social cohesion.

The Archbishop of Canterbury has today said that the adoption of Islamic Sharia law in the UK is “unavoidable” and that it would help maintain social cohesion.

Rowan Williams told BBC Radio 4’s World At One that the UK has to “face up to the fact” that some of its citizens do not relate to the British legal system.

He says that Muslims could choose to have marital disputes or financial matters dealt with in a Sharia court. He added Muslims should not have to choose between “the stark alternatives of cultural loyalty or state loyalty”.

Dr Williams said there was a place for finding a “constructive accommodation” in areas such as marriage—allowing Muslim women to avoid Western divorce proceedings.

Other religions enjoyed such tolerance of their own laws, he pointed out, but stressed that it could never be allowed to take precedence over an individual’s rights as a citizen.

He said it would also require a change in perception of what Sharia involved beyond the “inhumanity” of extreme punishments and attitudes to women seen in some Islamic states.

Dr Williams said: “It seems unavoidable and, as a matter of fact, certain conditions of Sharia are already recognised in our society and under our law, so it is not as if we are bringing in an alien and rival system.

“We already have in this country a number of situations in which the internal law of religious communities is recognised by the law of the land as justifying conscientious objections in certain circumstances.”

He added: “There is a place for finding what would be a constructive accommodation with some aspects of Muslim law as we already do with aspects of other kinds of religious law.

“It would be quite wrong to say that we could ever license a system of law for some community which gave people no right of appeal, no way of exercising the rights that are guaranteed to them as citizens in general.

Sharia law in Britain would provide Muslims with an alternative to our divorce courts....

• Members

Why do I feel like if I move to a country that has certain laws and regulations, I would consider myself to accommodate myself to that country's laws. I wouldn't assume the country must accommodate to MY law. I must be weird. reyes

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Moderators

World's getting stranger by the moment. I don't think you're weird at all, but it seems the world is being turned upside down in so many ways. A whole lotta shaken' go'n' on!

Just keep in mind that all this 'shaken' go'in on' stuff is good. It just means that the Spirit of God is being removed from the face of the earth. The influence of God is being removed . The results of Satan's way is slowing being seen more and more as God removes His protections. We are called to Glorify Him. We do this by suffering for His sake to demonstrate the results of Satan being in control of this old planet earth.

The angels and the worlds are to see in this little experiment ... the outcome of the Great Controversy. The results of Satan. We will see more and more evil and natural disasters in greater proportions like never before.

Just think ... in OT times ... they would see and recognize Angels walking down the road and invite them to lunch. Look how with each generation how the Lord withdrew more and more. With Israel ... the lead them and provided for them. Miracle after Miracle.

We move onto the NT times and people still witnessed angels ... but they were afraid and for sure ... did not invite them to lunch.

Look at this history. God is getting involved less and less. We must see what happens when Satan's way is allowed. We are called to suffer for Him.

May we be faithful.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Just keep in mind that all this 'shaken' go'in on' stuff is good. It just means that the Spirit of God is being removed from the face of the earth. The influence of God is being removed . The results of Satan's way is slowing being seen more and more as God removes His protections. .....

God's influence through His Spirit is felt less and less by those who have rejected Him, but His influence will be greater in those who accept Him. There's a great divide being made in the world between those who accept Him and those who have rejected Him.

With that addition, I agree completely with your post.

We will need that influence of His Spirit more and more as God removes His protections on this earth. If we are to remain strong and glorify Him ... we must have more of His Stength in us. Yes. He will be faithful to us and give us what we need.

I guess my emphasis is that we WILL have to suffer. We are called to suffer for Him and for His victory in the court scene of the Great Controversy. We will not be exempt from the pain. But those who are faithful will have to 'Spirit' in their sufferings for Him. We will witness in and by our sufferings. We will stand tall ... and not curse God even though we are in pain.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

We will need that influence of His Spirit more and more as God removes His protections on this earth. If we are to remain strong and glorify Him ... we must have more of His Stength in us. Yes. He will be faithful to us and give us what we need.

I guess my emphasis is that we WILL have to suffer. We are called to suffer for Him and for His victory in the court scene of the Great Controversy. We will not be exempt from the pain. But those who are faithful will have to 'Spirit' in their sufferings for Him. We will witness in and by our sufferings. We will stand tall ... and not curse God even though we are in pain.

Wonderful to hear these beliefs from you, Redwood. It sounds like you have recently been doing a great deal studying and thinking on the end-time issues.

Well John317 ... it comes more from the perspective of suffering. Pain. I have had to study WHY God allows suffering. We may not all be called to suffer the same amount. But I do believe we are Called. And as time goes on ... the call will be greater and greater. I've shared with the Forum in the past about a Morris Vendon sermon on this topic that has molded me. It is called 'God's Honor Guard'. Some are called for this service ... to demonstrate to the worlds that some can remain faithful despite severe attacks from the 'evil one'.

I believe in Hematology.

US to Sell 1,000 New Bunker Buster Bombs to Israel

The Bush administration has announced it plans to supply the Israeli Air Force 1,000 new bunker buster bombs built by Boeing that are designed to penetrate fortified facilities located deep underground. The Jerusalem Post reports the bombs would likely be used in the event of an Israeli strike on Iran. The Defense Security Cooperation Agency notified Congress about the planned sale of the GBU-39 bombs over the weekend. Congress has thirty days to object to the $77 million deal.

[Democracy Now!]

• Moderators

Well John317 ... it comes more from the perspective of suffering. Pain. I have had to study WHY God allows suffering. We may not all be called to suffer the same amount. But I do believe we are Called. And as time goes on ... the call will be greater and greater. I've shared with the Forum in the past about a Morris Vendon sermon on this topic that has molded me. It is called 'God's Honor Guard'. Some are called for this service ... to demonstrate to the worlds that some can remain faithful despite severe attacks from the 'evil one'.

If you have never read Fydor Dostoevsky, the great Russian, Christian writer, you just must read some things by him. Your idea of suffering is a central theme of his work. Dostoevsky is considered among the top 3 or 4 of the world's greatest writers of all time, in the same league with Shakespeare. The books that deal most clearly with suffering are: Crime and Punishment, The Brother's Karamazov (which focuses particularly on the suffering of the innocent children), The House of the Dead (about his experience in a Siberian prison and the convicts he knew), and some of his short stories.

Virtually all of his books may be accessed online.

Just to get an idea of how profound this man was, Sigmund Freud got a lot of his psychology from reading Dostoevsky.

• Members

I'd also like to visit God willing.

pk

phkrause

US to Sell 1,000 New Bunker Buster Bombs to Israel

The Bush administration has announced it plans to supply the Israeli Air Force 1,000 new bunker buster bombs built by Boeing that are designed to penetrate fortified facilities located deep underground. The Jerusalem Post reports the bombs would likely be used in the event of an Israeli strike on Iran. The Defense Security Cooperation Agency notified Congress about the planned sale of the GBU-39 bombs over the weekend. Congress has thirty days to object to the $77 million deal.

[Democracy Now!]

Cool. This would be much better than having the US do the deed on Iran. I am sure we will get the blame either way. But this is the lessor of the evils.

I believe in Hematology.