ClubAdventist is back!

Palin's Ratings Fall

Carolaa ... When I went to this site ... it said you were in "error". Sorry.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Well with all the liberal hammering on her it would be expect that her popularity would fall. And Newsweek being such a liberal publication it would be expect they would be among the first to report it.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

And you do a fine job of that Carolaa. What would our nerves do without you.

I believe in Hematology.

She's not makin' me nervious....in fact, I rather like to applaud her efforts...

Go Carolaa! Whoohoooo!

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

She's not makin' me nervious....in fact, I rather like to applaud her efforts...

Go Carolaa! Whoohoooo!

I just hate havin people who I like bein on the wrong side of the issues. But I do admire the way you guys debate. Even when you have a losin cause ... you fight with gusto ...

If you will notice ... it is Obama who is losing in the polls. He is slipping up to 16 points in some states.

I believe in Hematology.

I ain't worried, Redwood...The worse the economy gets, the more people start listening. The more they listen, the more introspective thinking that they will do...The more they do, the more they are going to think that MAYBE Obama is right and McCain is too much like Bush's continued policies...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

You had a good job during the Clinton years, and lost it during the Bush years...What you talking about????

Ok, so you send the "mavericks" back into the white house...You wanna lose your job and NOT get another????

Consider the current financial crisis that is rumored to be worse than the great depression....It took a democrate 16 years to get us up and going again....

Perhaps you want to consider that another Democrate could get us in to better waters with a change that is better able to move us out of troubled waters....

Even McCain says that Obama "chooses his words carefully"...That is a sign that the man is a leader, in most cases or a charleton [sp]....And the later tends to show evidence of swindling ...where is Obama's cheatin' record? He has none.....

And McCain record shows bad judgement in financial matters. McCain stated that he doesn't understand the economy. And Palin's record has mis-steps with attempting to get former family fired...At the very least, she is micro-managing...which you don't want in a large economy...

George Bernard Shaw

Clinton did a good job. I certainly am not going to deny that. Bush has done a good job too. The economic crisis we are experiencing now has been a long time in coming. The real estate markets were driven up by speculators and cheap money from the Federal Reserve. Neither Bush or Clinton were responsible for that. The cost of oil increasing so dramatically was the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak. All those billions of dollars flowing out of the American economy placed too much strain on it.

What we need to do is... drill here, drill now.

Originally Posted By: Shane
Clinton did a good job. I certainly am not going to deny that. Bush has done a good job too.

And what is the status quo? Is it going back to the Clinton years or sending two mavericks to the White House?

George Bernard Shaw

And what is the status quo? Is it going back to the Clinton years or sending two mavericks to the White House?

The status quo would be a McBush presidency.

Drill Baby Drill.

In the end ... you know we are going to have to drill. Might as well start now. Yes, we have to do more alternative ideas. But we won't have the money to do so if we don't drill NOW.

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
This is commonly known as speaking out of both sides of your mouth, Shane...

That is a common criticism of moderates so I will accept that.

Quote:
Why can't we create the money that we need by creating new jobs in the energy sector...Jobs that carry very low risk to the enviorment. Like wind power, and upgrading our hydro-electrics...Why not put that money into upgrading our transportation system?

The money has to come from some place. We can't just print it. Many forms of alternative energy are not profitable. The ones that are take a long time to pay back the initial investment. New drilling for oil and natural gas will create jobs here and now. The additional revenue from the new drilling can be earmarked to fund alternative energy. So drilling here and now will not only create a boom in high-paying jobs our economy needs, but it will provide the funding we need to develop alternative energy sources.

This type of rhetoric fails to answer the question.

Originally Posted By: carolaa

This type of rhetoric fails to answer the question.

I guess I don't understand what the question is, then. I was talking about how voters tend to vote with the status quo when things are going fine, but they vote for change when things are tough. The obvious answer to your question seemed to be a continuation of what we've done for the last 8 years, which would be a McBush presidency. Were you asking a different question?

Many forms of alternative energy are not profitable.

This is a fascinating topic to me. It seems to point out a flaw in the capitalistic system - that every endeavor has to make money. If we could develop some simple technology to make cars run on water, or to make engines basically last forever, we would not do it because our economy depends on a throw-away mentality.

(Of course the powerful oil/gas lobbies have a lot to do with why we do not look more toward alternative energy, as well, but this other side of the issue is intriguing to me.)

There will be no "McBush" presidency. That is not an option. Obama is trying to convince the nation that McCain is the same as Bush. He is not. McCain was an outspoken critic of the Iraq War. McCain has warned against global warming. McCain considered becoming an independent and caucusing with the Democrats just a few years ago. McCain has been rubbing Republicans the wrong way for as long as he has been in Washington. McCain went to Washington to change the way things are but has never been in a position with enough power to do something big. If McCain becomes President he is going to try to change not just the direction the government is going but how government operates at the core. Bush never did that.

If Obama becomes President we will go back to how things were during the Clinton years. Not a bad option. Perhaps not as risky as McCain. For people that are uneasy and are afraid of too much change Obama is a safe vote.

Many forms of alternative energy are not profitable.

This is a fascinating topic to me. It seems to point out a flaw in the capitalistic system...

We live in a sinful world. As long as we do, capitalism will best serve us. When Christ comes and makes the world anew, capitalism will no long serve humanity.

Quote:
This is commonly known as speaking out of both sides of your mouth, Shane...

That is a common criticism of moderates so I will accept that.

George Bernard Shaw