Ipsos-McClatchy 09/18 - 09/22*******44*********43********Obama +1

Battleground 09/17 - 09/23***********46*********48********McCain +2

Gallup Tracking 09/20 - 09/22*******47*********44********Obama +3

Rasmussen 09/20 - 09/22************48*********48********Tie

Hotline/FD 09/20 - 09/22************47*********43********Obama +4

CNN/Opinion 09/19 - 09/21**********51*********47********Obama +4

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

I am surprised McCain is leading in any polls at all. ABC/Washington Post has Obama way ahead. Most of the polls have the two within the margin of error. CNN and Hotline have Obama ahead by 4 points. This really puts the heat on both of them going into Friday's debates.

Again ... it really doesn't matter the landslide movement towards Obama that might be happening in California for example ... or in many large states. What matters is what is happening in the Swing States that are in play such as Ohio, Colorado ,Penn , Florida, Michigan or Virginia. The other states are pretty much decided.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Come on, OOOOOOOoobbbbbaaaaaaaaammmmmmmaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

bonana

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:

I agree ...

Act like a Man and convert to Republicanism.

I believe in Hematology.

RealClearPolitics

Polls are still very tight. Obama is still in the lead with 3.2%. One poll has them tied as of yesterday and another has McCain ahead by 1 point.

This is really a good election season. Two great candidates. I saw one story that said as many as 16% are still undecided (like me). I am not really sure what it is going to take to push me one way or the other.

This is really a good election season. Two great candidates. I saw one story that said as many as 16% are still undecided (like me). I am not really sure what it is going to take to push me one way or the other.

Shane.......What are you trying to tell us? ...You a moderate??? [sniggle] You gonna vote democrate [louder giggle LOL ]....

Sorry Shane, I just don't believe it....You are going to vote McCain and you know it...You have too much republican values in you to allow you to vote democrat....

So when you tell everyone that you don't know who you are going to vote for, well at least WE all know who you will vote for..... reyes

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:
You have too much republican values

I don't think that Republicans have a monopoly on values. I think Obama has a lot of values that would make a fine President. I would love to see Obama as President. Problem is that I would love to see McCain as President too and would love to see Palin run for President in eight years.

• Moderators

Did you see the articles by people who believe that Obama really started out the campaign thinking that he would run this time, have to drop out, or wouldn't win, and then he would come back in a serious campaign 4 years from now? Some observers don't think he acts like someone who wants to win. Even many of his supporters tell him, "How come you are so relaxed, like you aren't fighting for it?"

I think that is actually likely, that he is surprised that he won the nomination and is now close to being president-- earlier than he planned on being. I think he would be better prepared to be president 4 years from now.

He wouldn't make the same big, bad mistakes.

I don't believe he's going to win this time. I think McCain will only lose if he makes a big mistake in the debates or if he makes some huge mistakes between now and Nov. I will be shocked if Obama wins. He'd have a better chance in 2012.

However, if he wins, more power to him. He will be my president and I won't disrespect him.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

I have thought that for a long time. Obama ran this time to get his name into the public as a Presidential contender. I doubt that he ever thought at the beginning that he had a real chance at the nomination. Now he has a real chance at the Presidency.

• Moderators

Quote:
I will be shocked if Obama wins. He'd have a better chance in 2012.

I will be shocked too John3:17, if he wins. We will see soon.

Be Kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another...

Monticello.gif Monticello Georgia

cat_purrr.gif19.gif

Originally Posted By: carolaa

Omitting cell phone users may affect polls.....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26889731

I thought this article was interesting because it said that people with cell phones only (no land line) are not contacted by pollsters, and it could be significantly skewing the polls in favor of McCain.

I guess nobody but me thinks it's remotely interesting that by not including cell phone only users in the polls, a group of Americans who are likely to favor Obama by a 13-35 percent margin are never represented.

It's interesting to me because we are a cell phone only household.

Quote:

You must not have a septic tank. People like Obama want to be able to call my septic tank.

I believe in Hematology.

Pollsters go to long lengths to make sure their polls are accurate. If they have some fatal flaw the polling company is out of business. I pretty much trust the polls I see.

I won't be surprised at all if Obama wins this. I think it is his to lose. If he doesn't do anything stupid I think he will be victorious.

The reason given in the article for why they don't poll cell phone users is that it is more expensive to do so. Until recently, they haven't thought it was a very big deal, but with so many people - particularly younger and less affluent people - going to cell phones only, they're thinking it could be pretty significant. I'm curious how the pollsters will respond.

If anything Carolaa ... it just evens the playing field. Around 6% of those polled will say they are voting for Obama ... just to be PC ... when in reality they will vote against him. This has been seen throughout the Demo primaries.

I believe in Hematology.

Let's remember Obama's values: abortion at any time, including the 9th month. If the baby lives, not to give it any medical care, and let it die. Abortion on demand. Believes that children as young as 5 should be taught sex ed. Believes in same sex unions (or same sex marriages, depending on who he's talking to), and uses the Sermon on the Mount to back it up. He mocks the Bible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnmS_vULPxw

Sat under a racist insane preacher Jeremiah Wright Jr. for 20 years, is a friend of America's Hitler, Louis Farakhan.

For more of Obama's values, go to youtube.com and put in Larry Sinclair.

Yes, fine values if you want Satan in the White House. Unfortunately, these values don't coincide with mine. I happen to be a God loving, Bible believing person.

I don't think calling one of the Presidential candidates "satan" contributes to our healthy exchange of ideas. Please try to put thoughts into words in such a way that they are not so inflammatory and provocative to those holding opposing view points.

I accept Obama's profession of faith in Christ at face value. From all appearances he appears to live a Christian life.

Believes that children as young as 5 should be taught sex ed.

George Bernard Shaw

Originally Posted By: carolaa

I thought this article was interesting because it said that people with cell phones only (no land line) are not contacted by pollsters' date=' and it could be significantly skewing the polls in favor of McCain. [/quote']

I guess nobody but me thinks it's remotely interesting that by not including cell phone only users in the polls, a group of Americans who are likely to favor Obama by a 13-35 percent margin are never represented.

The problem with allowing cell phone users to vote is that it does not take into account the voting age. Most teens favor Obama but most cannot even vote yet. The older generations favor McCain and they do not bother to vote by Cell phone. They will register they vote at the election.

riverside.gif Riverside CA

I don't think calling one of the Presidential candidates "satan" contributes to our healthy exchange of ideas. Please try to put thoughts into words in such a way that they are not so inflammatory and provocative to those holding opposing view points.

I accept Obama's profession of faith in Christ at face value. From all appearances he appears to live a Christian life.

Obama is a quick learner. He adjusts his speeches very quickly to what his audience wants to hear that is different from McCain. McCain will take a stand that is unpopular. He was for the Surge even though some told him that was political suicide. Obama was against the surge when the polls said that was the safe political thing to do. He now admits to Bill O'Rilley that the surge worked beyond his wildest dreams but in the speech he still maintain the surge was wrong.

Obama said we should negotiate with Russia and talk to them when Russian invaded Georgia. McCain took a hard stand against the Russian Agression. Only when Popular opinion showed that McCains stance was more popultar did Obama change his stand three days later and come out more harsh against the Russian agression against Georgia.

So how can you trust a man who is so wishy washy and will say what he has to to get himself elected. I would rather have a man who will do what he thinks is right even if it is seems unpopular. McCain has proven he is that man.

riverside.gif Riverside CA