ClubAdventist is back!

TV in 1929 according to Biden

According to VP candidate Joe Biden .... Americans were busy watching TV in 1929 . Talkin about being out of touch. Give me a break .... And according to Fox News ... He also didn't have a clue who was president at that time.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

From the Associated PRess-

In gaffe, Biden says FDR led when market crashed

19 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — Vice presidential candidate Joe Biden says today's leaders should take a lesson from the history books and follow fellow Democrat Franklin D. Roosevelt's response to a financial crisis.

"When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened,'" Barack Obama's running mate recently told the "CBS Evening News."

Except, Republican Herbert Hoover was in office when the stock market crashed in October 1929. There also was no television at the time; TV wasn't introduced to the public until a decade later, at the 1939 World's Fair.

FDR was elected three years later when voters denied Hoover a second term. The Democratic challenger appealed to the "forgotten man" by promising a "new deal" to solve the Depression era.

Democrats usually like to remind the public that a Republican was president during the 1929 stock market crash. During the 2004 presidential election, John Kerry's campaign repeatedly cited Hoover as the last president until George W. Bush to oversee a loss of jobs during his time in office.

Biden was commenting on the stock market crash when he said leaders should explain the current economic crisis and how to solve it to the public.

"Part of what being a leader does is to instill confidence, is to demonstrate what he or she knows what they are talking about and to communicating to people ... this is how we can fix this," Biden said.

Biden's spokesman, David Wade, countered: "I'm proud to say that we Democrats aren't experts at Herbert Hoover depression economics like John McCain and his pals. From Franklin Roosevelt to Bill Clinton, we just get elected to clean up the economic mess these Republicans leave behind."

Ok, Joe Bidden is obviously not a historian. But did FDR get on the radio, at the time, and say "Look, here's what happening...?"Sure, and in the process, the "New Deal" came to be......and America slowly came out of the recession that was happpening at the time. Then came WW2, and we really got moving out of the recession.....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

So would I.....

....there would be so much foder for the talking heads for the next 10 years......

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:
But did FDR get on the radio, at the time,

No. He wasn't the President at the time.

Like I said Shane ... these Demos sure try to change history.

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
....there would be so much foder for the talking heads for the next 10 years......

Talking Heads? Do we have any of those here ???

I believe in Hematology.

Originally Posted By: Shane
Quote:
But did FDR get on the radio, at the time,

No. He wasn't the President at the time.

Like I said Shane ... these Demos sure try to change history.

Excuse me....The depression wasn't happening during FDR's administration??? It only affected Hoover's administration???? Wow! that's a news flash to me! and every other history book that I have read....

George Bernard Shaw

The comment was made specifically in reference to the stock market crash of 1929. Roosevelt didn't become President until 1933. The context of Biden's comment only makes it worse. Biden was saying the American people need to know that their leaders know what they are talking about. He then goes on to say that when the market crashed Roosevelt went on TV. That is worse than anything Dan Quayle was ever accused of saying. Imagine if Sarah Palin had made a mistake like that.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Good Points. But a potatoe is a potato.

I believe in Hematology.