ClubAdventist is back!

Action to bring in more gas

Originally Posted By: neil
Brazil has no imported oil, but it's country runs on ethanol, and is using more of the Amazon and ruining the plants biodiversity. There are reasons why the dodo went extinct...There are reasons why that is affecting the islands plants...

Originally Posted By: Redwood
What does the dodo have to do with this?

What we must 'do' is find a way to get more gas. Tell me how the dodo helps us to do that.

I was refering to the biodiverity where if we lose one animal, it affects other parts of the ecosystem. I was thinking of an animal, I thought it was a dodo bird, where humans killed it to extinction, and now it is affecting a plant/tree that produces the fruit that the dodo ate. Because no dodo, the fruit is not being eaten, nor spread nor propogated. As a result, this plant/tree is also going the way of the dodo...

We need to keep biodiversity alive because if we dont, our planet will have more of a monoculture, and those it will affect our children and grandchildren if we don't stop the killing of plants and animals.

What has that to do with gas? It causes pollution, which affects our planet. and further weakens biodiversification....

Ok, my ramblings....my rant...I will get off the soapbox...

I know what you mean, Neil. It has to do with the balance of the ecosystem. When we kill off species, due to pollution or strip mining or whatever, it upsets the ecosystem. Kind of like the waves when you drop a pebble into water - you just don't know how far reaching the consequences will be. Like if all the bees disappeared, for instance.....I knew you'd like that one....but it *would* be a serious thing.