ClubAdventist is back!

Postponing The Debate

Dr. Shane

From what I understand, McCain said the Congressional Republicans should be heard. So maybe by him saying that, the deal was stopped. But regardless what McCain would have said, the Congressional Republicans were not ready to sign onto the deal. I think the faulty assumption was that because the Republican President was ready to sign on the Congressional Republicans were too.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bravus

• jasd

• Dr. Shane

• Woody

Top Posters In This Topic

Per "my boy McCain..."

Thank the fates! to what gods do I give my Thanksgiving gifts?

If ever there was a deal that needed torpedoing - this bailout is IT!

Per the observation of MarkM: exactly! why are the Democrats stalling and trying to get the House Rebubs onboard this bailout? They have the grease to facilitate this abortion - with Dubya waiting to ink it - pen in hand.

Duck soup, yes? what with the position of the Democrat's point man re abortions...

I don't know how Katie Couric, or any of the media, can ask those questions about Russia with a straight face. I sure couldn't. Seriously, I admire their professionalism to be able to do that. Me, I'd be like Jon Stewart - long pause, try to compose myself...

McCain was silent because he was listening to what was being said. Look at the debates tonight. Obama kept interupting McCain BEFORE it was his turn for a rebuttal. It has been said that Obama main problem is pride. He will not listen to what others have to say if that person has been critical of his past actions. Which is why Hillary is not on the ticket even though Obama would have been an easy win if he had. He did not want to share a victory with a person whom he fought so hard against. Pride.

So far in the debates Obama is coming across as impatient and unwilling to listen and McCain is coming across as the elder statesmen who is experienced and is willing to listen to all sides before he rushes to a response.

riverside.gif Riverside CA

Quote:

So far in the debates Obama is coming across as impatient and unwilling to listen and McCain is coming across as the elder statesmen who is experienced and is willing to listen to all sides before he rushes to a response.

I don't have a TV but I did get to see a few minutes of it....I saw interupting on both sides...It wasn't just Obama.....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Obama did a whole lot more interupting. A lot on the economy section and a lot more on the foreighn affairs part. It was interesting that FOX had both men up on the screen as one was speaking. Obama looked impatient and angry and kept raising a finger to the PBS newsperson speaker to get him to give him the floor before McCain was finished. Also several times you could hear Obama muttering. "That is a lie" Very clearly to several of McCains points. Not once to McCain do that to Obama. I just wonder how the umcommitted voters will think of Obama patience after this debate.

riverside.gif Riverside CA

I didn't think Obama looked that bad. Al Gore Jr. was throwing a temper tantrum during his debates with G.W. Obama came off much better than either Gore or Kerry did.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Obama did a whole lot more interupting. A lot on the economy section and a lot more on the foreighn affairs part. It was interesting that FOX had both men up on the screen as one was speaking. Obama looked impatient and angry and kept raising a finger to the PBS newsperson speaker to get him to give him the floor before McCain was finished. Also several times you could hear Obama muttering. "That is a lie" Very clearly to several of McCains points. Not once to McCain do that to Obama. I just wonder how the umcommitted voters will think of Obama patience after this debate.

I just got thru seeing the whole debate...Cyberguy, you spin ....Or you saw the debate thru republican glasses.

Obama interupted when McCain said something that Obama percieved as untrue. OBama then went on to correct/clarify what the perception was. With the exception of the Kissinger comments, McCain never corrected Obama's corrections.

Obama takes the part of a teacher, and a leader in his explaining of issues. He give credit where credit is due, and he has done so with McCain, on several occassion during the debat. He then goes one to explain further what needs clarification but eventually showing what needs to be done.

I also came away with an understanding that there is more going on in Iraq and in Afghanistan that needs to be done and is too complex to explain in one sitting. And different philosophys need further exploration. Obama is weak in the foriegn policy issue, but what he does know and has explain is clear. He definately needs to see General Petraius and talk with him.

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Administrators

Obama did a whole lot more interupting...

Uhhh... You don't suppose that was because they both were encouraged to do so by the moderator, Jim Lehrer!?!? reyes

That was the designated format - 5 minutes of open exchange after each had had 2 minutes to give their direct response to the questions.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)