ClubAdventist is back!

Pelosi, as Dishonest as Limbaugh

Dr. Shane

This morning on Good Morning America Pelosi said the financial crisis is completely the fault of the Republicans. She said the Democrats bare no blame whatsoever. When the interviewer pointed out that she has been in charge of Congress for two years and done nothing to change the situation she put the blame off on Bush because he is President. When reminded that the initial deregulation began under President Clinton she than blamed Congress because it was controlled by Republicans. At no time did she even reference the Federal Reserve.

The only other person I have heard so blind and one-sided on this crisis is Rush Limbaugh who points out that in his view it is all the Democrats fault.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Who knows the genesis of this issue. That is just politics. But who we can blame for the results is who has control of the watch NOW. It reached a crisis under the control of the Demos. It was not a crisis before the Demos started managing the country. The Demos should have seen this coming to a crisis and they should have tried to do something instead of blocking the efforts of the President.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

I actually do believe the Democrats share the blame on this issue, in a number of ways and a number of areas. It's a mess that's been a long time in the building up, and there's plenty of blame to go around. Mind you, much of the Democrats culpability is for the way they have been so supine and not had the backbone to oppose Bush and the administration on issues where they should have. It's dishonest to try to place all the blame on either side. It's also reasonably futile at this point to spend a lot of energy placing blame - the goal should be to find a solution that doesn't destroy the economy either now or for the future.

Truth is important

• Moderators

McCain's glee in proclaiming that he is 'fundamentally a deregulator' might give some pause going forward, though.

Truth is important

I actually do believe the Democrats share the blame on this issue, in a number of ways and a number of areas. It's a mess that's been a long time in the building up, and there's plenty of blame to go around. Mind you, much of the Democrats culpability is for the way they have been so supine and not had the backbone to oppose Bush and the administration on issues where they should have. It's dishonest to try to place all the blame on either side. It's also reasonably futile at this point to spend a lot of energy placing blame - the goal should be to find a solution that doesn't destroy the economy either now or for the future.

But at some point we need to look back and learn some lessons from what happened so that it doesn't happen again. I don't know how we can do that without assigning some blame.

But who we can blame for the results is who has control of the watch NOW.

I disagree. It's not fair to blame the person who inherited the mess. I agree with Bravus that there is *plenty* of blame to go around, including the American people.

I lost some respect for Nancy Pelosi ever since she took impeachment off the table.

I agree. I had high hopes that we could impeach Nancy.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Originally Posted By: carolaa
I lost some respect for Nancy Pelosi ever since she took impeachment off the table.

I agree. I had high hopes that we could impeach Nancy.

Yeah, I'm ready to see what Cindy Sheehan can do.

QR frame:

...anyone following the events notice: that Dubya doesn't seem to be his own man on this issue? It is as though the powers-that-be are running the 'bailout' game - and that game is money, beaucoup money!

And how was it that staffers at Goldman Sachs were in possession of the House Rebub's game plan? y'know, the same ones those staffers forwarded to Obama's handlers by e-mail?

Sheesh! the man was prepped! - and still was able to cause mayhem in the 'negotiating process'.

Hey! wait a minute, wasn't Secretary of the Treasury Paulson (D) Chairman and CEO of Goldman Sachs?

Whazzup!?