ClubAdventist is back!

If McCain Wins...

Dr. Shane

• Administrators

I'm thinking I'd like to see Alaska... from the Canadian side of the border... Or I think I would like to see Australia again...

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Moderators

I'm thinking I'd like to see Alaska... from the Canadian side of the border... Or I think I would like to see Australia again...

Why do I never hear "conservatives" talking about leaving their country if a particular candidate wins? (At least I don't know of any if any have said this.) Why that difference?

Serious question.

I remember some people (mainly Hollywood actors) talking like that when Bush was running for President-- both terms, actually. I don't think any of them really left the country as they said they would.

Hey, Bravus, I'm seriously considering going to Australia for a while, but it has nothing to do with what is happening in the US of A. I'd like to hitch-hike and walk and travel any way I can all over the country and photograph for about 6 months.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

You'd be extremely welcome - as I said, good people!

I think some liberals are genuinely scared of what is happening to their country. They both feel scared that laws will be passed that will effect them directly, and feel responsible for their country's actions in the world. If they vote against McCain, but he nonetheless becomes president and then starts a war with Iran, they will still feel culpable. Maybe they won't actually leave, but they are feeling more and more like foreigners in their own country. I think that's cause for concern.

Truth is important

• Moderators

Thanks for that assurance about the "down-under."

I've had some IMs with people there and find them very friendly and welcoming indeed.

I understand what you are saying about the fear of war, etc. I mean understand how some people think. For me I want to be in the US if the US has some tough times.

Did you watch the debates, and if so, what did you think of Obama's statements about Iran and what he would do regarding Pakistan and bin Laden if he's elected? (He says he believes Iran is working towards obtaining a nuclear weapon but he says that their getting one is totally unacceptable.)

PS. Could you check out the last several posts on the thread, "Can God's Commandments Be Changed," and tell me what you think of it? Something happened on it that I had never experienced before. You could send me PM if you like.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

Will go and have a look at that last.

Didn't see the debate (not televised here - plus I don't have a TV!), just read coverage from as many sources as possible. I agree with going after Bin Laden wherever he may be: should have been done 7 years ago. I disagree that Iran is seeking nuclear weapons and have talked a lot about that here in the past. Obama can definitely be wrong about some things.

Truth is important

Quote:
I think some liberals are genuinely scared of what is happening to their country.

Does that mean liberal are practicing the politics of fear?

Well this was meant to be a positive thread. McCain will do some good things if he is President. Rather than dwelling on the negative, lets look at the positive.

I am really looking forward to a McCain Administration going to battle with Congress of earmark spending.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Administrators

....I think some liberals are genuinely scared of what is happening to their country. They both feel scared that laws will be passed that will effect them directly, and feel responsible for their country's actions in the world. If they vote against McCain, but he nonetheless becomes president and then starts a war with Iran, they will still feel culpable. Maybe they won't actually leave, but they are feeling more and more like foreigners in their own country. I think that's cause for concern.

That sums it rather nicely! TU

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)