ClubAdventist is back!

How Dare He!!!!

Dr. Shane

McCain and Obama resume campaign fight

Quote:
Democrat Barack Obama accused John McCain on Saturday of playing politics with the financial crisis, while his Republican rival tried to show leadership by returning to Washington where lawmakers raced to reach a deal on a financial rescue package.

Fresh from their first presidential debate, where the two White House hopefuls clashed sharply on spending and foreign policy, Obama hit the campaign trail and McCain sped to the capital where some Democrats have expressed fear he might upset delicate bailout negotiations.

How dare McCain try to solve the financial crisis. Doesn't he know he should be out on the campaign trail trying to get votes? Who does he think he is? An influential Senator?

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

That's ok....McCain can send Gov. Palin

palin-community-organizer.jpg

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Multi-task?

Please explain. How can McCain or Obama help solve the banking crisis (which is being dealt with in the Capital) as they are flying around the country campaigning.

Sounds like Democratic talking points.

QR frame:

Ah well, the other guy can just slow-mail a chit marked 'present'.

Judging from his last performance at the White House - what's he got to offer, anyway.

My Mother, who is REPUBLICAN to the core says that government is best when government is least. IOWs, give the politicians something to do, like count beans, and they will be happy to regulate it.

If we have two senators running for president, let them campaign, and keep 2 less senators from trying to upstage the rest of the legislative branch of government. After all, the legislative branch is suppose to fight over the money anyways.

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Oh wow! how weird!

...guess there must be truth to the rumours that the man has a messiah complex, eh?

Yikes!

So, when "they take down those styrofoam 'Grecian' pillars and haul them off to some back lot", will we, belatedly, discover that there is

a rough beast, its hour come round at last - slouching towards D.C. - and Armageddon?

Multi-task?

Please explain. How can McCain or Obama help solve the banking crisis (which is being dealt with in the Capital) as they are flying around the country campaigning.

Sounds like Democratic talking points.

LOL - you're right! I said that half tongue-in-cheek. But, seriously, is either one of them on a committee that's dealing with this? Other than being invitees to the White House? I would think they really aren't key players and could be in communication with their party leaders without having to actually be there much. They are just trying to be perceived as key players and "Presidential."

One of my co-workers was so aggravated how young people today ignore their "responsibility" to contribute in changing America by voting... Now let's think about it for a sec...

Basically this mentality leads one to the assumption as McCain stated in the debates - "America is not beyond hope as long as we have the right leadership (referring to himself of course)".

Now, let's take the best of the best in the USA, and then compare them to the political leaders of today... do you really think that these can even come close? When have we became so blind that we let a handful of people decide whether we have a right to educate our children on our own?????

Looking at the debates reminded me of the sports stars giving the interviews at the end of the game:

" I have to give credit to our opponents, they came to play, but we wanted it more, and we played as a team, and gave it a 110%, left it all on the floor, defense wins the championships. "

Likewise, I found that politicians speak in similar cliches.

- I will cut taxes

- We need to create more jobs (I want to slap someone every time I hear this :) )

- We need more affordable heathcare / prescription drugs for all Americans... retired Americans.

- It's time for change

I can go on. But my point is that these people come prepared and the whole thing amounts to a well rehearsed spectacle of cliche regurgitation. The questions that are asked are likewise generic. These don't put anyone in a hot seat, or demand finding the root causes. These usually amount to "These are the problems that we are having. In two sentences, tell us how you will solve these :)". It's insane!!! More insane is that people believe that resolution of these problems is very simple, and all we have to do is to have the correct leadership in charge... as though that leadership possesses a god-like powers to change the will of the people who think otherwise.

All I can say, you can't change a country from the top down. It simply does not work. American health care and American politics are similar in the way these function. They have the war on "problems", and end up fighting the results of the problems forgetting the causes.

Take the cancer. After billions of money donated worldwide, you'd think someone would say... we found a cure for cancer... IT'S A PREVENTIVE LIFESTYLE. But no, because this would be very upsetting to people who would like to preserve their current destructive patterns and still avoid the disease. So, they end up chasing some dubious miracle potion that would quickly solve the damage that has been done to a body in years and possibly decades.

The same with the politics. People don't want to hear that American lifestyle is cancerous. They want magic potion solution that will instantly heal problems. Well, there is no quick and painless solution to the current problems that developed over a a previous century of "progress". I guess I'll end here, and forgive me for the lengthy post.

McCain has a record of being able to get Republicans and Democrats to work together. That is needed in this debate.

As evidenced by his political strategy of disrupting the bailout meeting to get on taxpayers side and make a statement?

I don't believe McCain interrupted the meeting. The reports I saw had Congressional Republicans coming to the table with a different proposal. That was not a McCain move. McCain simply said those Republicans should be heard and not simply written off and ignored. For the record, Bush disagreed so this is one more issue where McCain has shown he is not Bush. Obama, on the other hand, agreed with Bush.