ClubAdventist is back!

Father Went To Sleep In the Lord This Morning

John317

• Moderators

Hey there, puddles--

I sure want to thank you for dropping by to give me that word of encouragement. I feel that the prayers offered have made Jesus that much closer to all of us. I know it's made a big difference for me personally, because I'm constantly aware of Jesus' promises and have a strong conviction of their reality.

I'm attaching a photograph here that I described in the previous post. It's of dad and my oldest sister the morning of my mother's burial. He decided on the site and then he started the grave, after which I completed it. He told me that he knew he had to plan it so that there would be room for him next to her. That is where he sleeps in Jesus until the resurrection. I knew him well. He wasn't afraid. He was ready. He completely trusted Jesus. He would want us all to do the same.

post-1796-140967432592_thumb.jpg

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

This took place this past Sabbath, in eastern Tennessee. I'm sorry that I was unable to attend.

A group of 35 or so, mostly family, but a few close church friends gathered on the top of the hill. They sang several hymms, had prayer and Dr. George Akers, a close personal friend and the former GC secretary of education, encouraged us with some memories of Dad and Bible scriptures regarding the soon coming of Christ. He also reminded us of the many ways Dad has been a blessing to so many people.

My youngest sister and oldest brother lowered the "casket" and she explained that the red scarf wrapping it was to represent the blood of Jesus covering Dad's sins.

Elder Akers had prayer and they sang another hymn. There were family pictures taken, and it was really peaceful and quiet there under the trees shown in the photograph.

I will post some pictures as soon as they're available.

I want to thank everyone on the Forum for all your prayers and kind thoughts. Let's be sure we are ready when our time comes whether we meet Jesus in the air or whether we sleep.

post-1796-140967432603_thumb.jpg

post-1796-140967432604_thumb.jpg

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Sorry for your lost but you must be proud of having such a fine father. I hope you will cherish your good memories and forget any that are not so fond.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Moderators

Thank you, Shane. Yes, I was very blessed to have him as my dad and I do have a lot of good memories I'll never forget.

Sorry to hear about your father passing. I lost my father about 8 years ago. It was a sudden loss and caught us by surprise.

God's blessings -

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

Hello John316,

I send my condolences and prayers for your family and your loss. I know what it's like to loose your dad, as I lost mine when I was twelve. So I grew up without my dad. My dad wasn't a Christian and we had a dysfunctional family, not very many good memories. But despite the kind of man he was, and how long he's been gone, I still find my self missing him an wishing he was still around. No matter who our dad is, or what he has done in his life, he is still dad. He was the man that God appointed to bring us into the world and God has a purpose for everything under heaven. I'm happy that God gave you to a good dad. Though, my dad was also good in his own way. I am also happy that my dad gave his life to Christ before he died.

Best wishes and God bless,

Thea

Thea

See my home page

• Moderators

John317,

I am so sorry to hear this. I just found out now, while looking at the topics. Please forgive me for my late condolences. As I am typing, Norman gives his condolences as well. We really enjoyed reading one of the books he wrote that you gave us, and will cherish that book with his written signature on it. I remember when we seen you last year, you told us that he wanted to give that to us. We are glad we were able to meet you, and hope to be able to get together again one day. God Bless!

Glitter Graphics

Be Kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another...

Monticello.gif Monticello Georgia

cat_purrr.gif19.gif