ClubAdventist is back!

Me? ,,,Listen to FAUXNews? You're right...it was U-Tube....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• Neil D

• Dr. Shane

• John317

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought that's what the whole Michigan debate is about - Republicans trying to keep homeless people from voting. That is, people who have lost their homes due to foreclosure, most of whom are apparently Democrats.

I personally feel it is fine for the homeless to vote in Michigan. Just not 9 or 10 times each.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

I personally feel it is fine for the homeless to vote in Michigan. Just not 9 or 10 times each.

.....as long as they vote Republican, right???

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

What homeless person would vote Republican?

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Originally Posted By: Redwood

.....as long as they vote Republican, right???

I saw an interview of a woman who drives the homeless in Ohio to the polls, and she was admitting on camera that she tells them all to be sure and vote for Obama. She said they all say they will, of course. They know where the milk-cow is.

I have a friend in Denver who is making a documentary of some homeless guys. The leader of one camp in downtown Denver was recently given free surgery. It cost over $50,000 and then on top of that he got a free apartment to stay in while he recuperates. He's been there now for over a week. He's milking it for all that baby's worth, he says. Didn't cost him a cent. He has no intention of working. He will definitely be voting for Obama, he says.

He's the second from the left, in the cap with "Marines" on it--

post-1796-140967432634_thumb.jpg

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Cool Photo John.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Thanks. I have one more of him. It's a camp where guys from all over the country wander through, some for one day and some for several weeks. George is the boss of the camp, a former Marine and fairly articulate and intelligent.

Anyone read John Steinbeck's Tortilla Flat? Well, it's a bit like that, only the guys don't stick around as long.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

George, Denver, CO, Sept. 2008

George says that he has demons in his head. This picture was made to illustrate that. My friend doesn't take it seriously, of course, because he doesn't believe in the Bible or in God, but I believe it's possible.

Please pray for George and for all the others who wander through his camp.

(I'll post several more of these guys and then have done with it.)

post-1796-140967432638_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

George is on the left, a former Marine, having served in Desert Storm. The gentleman on the right was from New York.

The police leave George alone because he takes care of the abandoned building. He's particular about not letting anything happen to his camp.

George has a girl friend. He says he's in love and never leaves her far out of sight. She's a picture in a magazine he found somewhere.

Denver, Colorado, Sept. 2008

post-1796-140967432642_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Homeless Man With Tatoo, Denver, Sept. 2008

post-1796-140967432645_thumb.jpg

First off, FoxNews is NOT a mainstream media...It is, by journalistic standards, nothing more than a "National Inquirer"

How so?

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

Many years ago, there was an anchorman, who substituted for Walter Cronkite [i believe his name was Frank Reynolds]. This man died of Cancer a couple of decades ago. During his career, he anchored/reported many a crisis. And I believe during one of those crisis', reports were coming all over the place and the news room was supposed to get the information right and quick. They didn't quibble over the little stuff. Just that it was supposed to happen. Well, the station didnt get it right. There was a report that someone died and a few minutes later, Frank Reynolds had to say that the man didn't die. But before he reported it, he blurted out on air "Come on guys! Let's get it right!" He had a right to say that. Because we [the public] had a right to know, and they [the news agency] were failing in thier responsiblity of accurate and timely information.

FauxNews has never gotten a story right nor in on a timely fashion. Integrity and accuracy is paramount in a news broadcast. Yet, Fauxnews has had extra information when it comes to Republicans that other newsworks do not have. Consider the ACORN thread that we have here on C/A. They have attempted to tie it to Obama and have fabricated all sorts of things surrounding it. Bottom line: Obama never worked for ACORN, never train workers, does not sit on their board. The fact is that ACORN itself dealt with the problem, told the authorities about the problem and corrected the problem on it's own. ...But Faux tried it's hardest to tie that in with Obama, even fabricating stories and bringing people on who said whatever....That standard is NOT journalism...it's making up the news. That is what FauxNews does...cater to your base nature and exploits it. Just like the Inquirer...

George Bernard Shaw

• Moderators

How often do you watch FoxNews?

I watch all channels, including FoxNews, CNN, etc.

I remember Frank R. very well. I used watch him all the time back in the 1970s. He was one of my favorites. They were better in those days-- more professional and not such entertainers.

When the news first on TV, it was man sitting reading the newswire. They had no interest in entertaining. They were there just for the news. I like that but I realize no one would watch it any more if it was like that.

How Cool!!

The Homeless are now able to afford to have tatoos.

I believe in Hematology.

I've been watching the Hearings on Fox regarding the corruption of ACORN. It is just sick. There are probes in 13 states according to Fox News. These ACORN workers are SO corrupt. Something needs to be done and needs to be done quickly. On Fox it was reported that ACORN is even further left than the Democratic Party.

I believe in Hematology.

Is FauxNews sensational news or is it made up news? Remember, ACORN shared with authorities what they themselves found. They have fired those people who made up fictious names to get paid. They cleaned house. So, what is FauxNews serving for you to listen this time?

George Bernard Shaw

This really is embarrassing for the Democrats. They have been putting forth conspiracy theories ever since Gore lost to Bush about how Republicans steal elections and now they are the ones caught with their hands in the cookie jar - or should I say ballot box?

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

How come ACORN put its stamp of approval on an application for Mickey Mouse? Why would they want Mickey Mouse to vote?

Also ... why would B.H.Obama support them with more than $800,000.00 of campaign money?

I believe in Hematology.

Why would two respected Senators like Sen. Danforth and Ruddman ... call for Obama to come clean with Acorn?

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

FauxNews has never gotten a story right nor in on a timely fashion.

They have attempted to tie it to Obama and have fabricated all sorts of things surrounding it. Bottom line: Obama never worked for ACORN, never train workers, does not sit on their board. The fact is that ACORN itself dealt with the problem, told the authorities about the problem and corrected the problem on it's own. ...But Faux tried it's hardest to tie that in with Obama, even fabricating stories and bringing people on who said whatever....That standard is NOT journalism...it's making up the news. That is what FauxNews does...cater to your base nature and exploits it. Just like the Inquirer...

Repeating lies is a sin. Spreading vicious rumor is sinful.

You radical right guys here on C/A might well think of what you've been doing.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

Let me see ... You believe in a twisted report from some web site. I happen to believe a main stream news station that is fair and balanced. I suppose both require a certain amount of faith ... but I think you would be required to have much more.

I am sitting here watching Fox News and they continue to repeat the same stories that I have shared with you. Now my spiritual condition is being questioned. Is this a Democratic approach?

Back to the topic at hand. Why did Obama go to ACORN and have THEM train HIM ?

I believe in Hematology.

Discredited Republican voter-suppression guru Ken Blackwell is attacking Barack Obama with naked lies about his supposed connection to ACORN.

• Fact: Barack was never an ACORN community organizer.

• Fact: ACORN never hired Obama as a trainer, organizer, or any type of employee.

• Fact: ACORN was not part of Project Vote, the successful voter registration drive Barack ran in 1992.

In his capacity as an attorney, Barack represented ACORN in a successful lawsuit alongside the U.S. Department of Justice against the state of Illinois to force state compliance with a federal voting access law. For his work helping enforce the law, called “Motor Voter,” Barack received the IVI-IPO Legal Eagle Award in 1995. ( check out Obama bio at )

Ken Blackwell is best known today for disenfranchising Democratic voters in his dual role as Ohio Secretary of State and chair of George Bush’s Ohio campaign in 2004. To see him shed crocodile tears for the integrity of the vote while making accusations about Barack and ACORN with absolutely no basis in fact is disturbing.

Blackwell’s attacks against ACORN and community organizers continue a vile Republican pattern of mockery and viciousness against this noble profession. Community organizers are the very individuals Republicans should be celebrating for helping people to help themselves rather than depending on the government.

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:
Fact: ACORN never hired Obama as a trainer, organizer, or any type of employee.

I agree with this statement.

The key word of theirs is 'hired'. I agree that they did not 'hire' him. Does that make you happy? The fact is ... he worked under them. Hired or not hired.

I believe in Hematology.