ClubAdventist is back!

Sara Palin and the secessionist Alaska Independence Party

• Moderators

Todd was a member. As someone said, can you imagine the reaction if Michelle Obama was a member of an organisation that considered the US government the enemy?

Truth is important

• Administrators

While Sarah Palin may not have been a member of this anti-government group, she did do a video taped greeting for their gathering and she is reported to have attempted to get the head of the group, Joe Vogler, placed on the city council of Wassilla. He is the one who has expressed his contempt for America and the flag.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Contrast that with bombing the Pentagon.

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

And I don't see a video where Obama is "pallin'" around with Ayers.....

All I see are allegations that he is friends with him from the Republicans...

Another thing I don't see- Videos where Obama made his decision to run for President in Ayers living room. I see Pallin's video welcoming Sucessionists....

I tell you, this lady is scary....and I am begining to think she really has the makings of being a spy for organizations who are against the US.

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Well, the liberals are going to have a hard time convincing those of us from the South that being a secessionist is a bad thing. Why do we think former Soviet republics should have the right to secede from Russia but do not believe that states should have the same right to secede from the US?

Of course, if Palin ever becomes President maybe Alaska won't want to secede.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Well, the liberals are going to have a hard time convincing those of us from the South that being a secessionist is a bad thing.

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Administrators

Apparently in Republican minds there is no room for personal reformation, rehabilitation, turning ones life around, etc. Ayers anti-government actions in protesting the Vietnam war was nearly 40 years ago. Currently, he is a respected member of society, a Distinguished Professor at the University of Chicago and a respected authority on elementary education. It would seem he is a changed man. I thought Republicans were change oriented, but apparently I misunderstood.

If Republicans feel they must dig up distant past sins of people only very loosely associated with Obama, hold those past offenses as if they are of current significance than they shouldn't mind Democrats bringing up McCain's Keating Five involvement in the Savings and Loan failure. That doespresent a much more direct connection and involvement by the candidate himself, for which he has gone on record as having made serious errors in judgment and it is obviously of current relevance given our current banking/mortgage market meltdown and his own campaign manager's lobbying connections to Fannie Mae.

But the point of this topic is that Sarah and Todd Palin have only a few years ago had connections to this anti-government group in Alaska.

Tom

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Moderators

The issue with the secessionsim party is that they see the US federal government as the enemy, but Palin is applying to become the leader of that very government. There is a fundamental disconnect.

Truth is important

• Moderators

I think the fact that Bill Ayers has said that he's not sorry he did those crimes, but wishes rather that he had bombed America more, contributes to the belief that Obama shouldn't have been associating with him.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

The issue with the secessionsim party is that they see the US federal government as the enemy, but Palin is applying to become the leader of that very government. There is a fundamental disconnect.

Can I spell HYPOCRITE...?

Oh, yes, I just did..... biglaugh

George Bernard Shaw

• Administrators

I think the fact that Bill Ayers has said that he's not sorry he did those crimes, but wishes rather that he had bombed America more, contributes to the belief that Obama shouldn't have been associating with him.

And that is a distortion of what he actually said.

Here are his own words of explanation - Jake Tapper - ABC News