ClubAdventist is back!

McCain/Palin No Mavericks, Say Real Mavericks

Tom Wetmore

• Administrators

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Cute.....Now I understand the word, "Maverick"....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Moderators

Umm, how many dozen links to Fox News have been posted just today? Probably be better if we avoided both, IMO, but good for the goose is good for the gander.

Truth is important

Well, despite some people's claim FOXNews is not mainstream, since it is the #1 rated cable news network, it really is. FOXNews is a major news organization in the US just like CNN, the Associated Press and the major networks.

The Huffington Post is more comparable to NewsMax.com on the other end of the spectrum.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Administrators

Is it a Texas thing to shoot the messenger first then ask questions later? Or just you showing us your red Republican underwear... yet again...

reyes

The facts are what they are - the real Mavericks of Texas are insulted by the McCain/Palin misuse of their good name and reputation.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Well, despite some people's claim FOXNews is not mainstream, since it is the #1 rated cable news network, it really is. FOXNews is a major news organization in the US just like CNN, the Associated Press and the major networks.

I wish you would quit distorting my words....

And I don't wish to hijack this thread....

So, I will repeat what I said once more and then leave it...

ACCORDING TO JOURNALISM STANDARDS, FoxNews is NOT mainsteam. It is more in line with the National Enquirer, which prints sensational news items and highly questionable items at best. And since the Republicans like to use it as a major news source, it has become the republican outlet for republican ideas.

And just because the Amerian public likes a sensational news story, doesn't mean that according to journalistic standard, it is educating the American public.

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

I understand what journalism is. I work part-time for two different small town newspapers. FoxNews is a mainstream news organization in the US. It consistently has its programs ranked in the top 10 of cable TV. In 2003 AlterNet sued FOXNews claiming their slogan "Fair and Balanced" was "misdescriptive." They lost several early motions and eventually withdrew their petition.

I understand that both Media Matters and MoveOn.org have been able to raise lots of money by demonizing FOXNews. They have DVDs available for those wanting to drink their koolaid.

Quote:

I understand what journalism is. I work part-time for two different small town newspapers.

Excuse me, but since when is the giving of OPINIONS in a newspaper the same as abiding by JOURNALIST STANDARDS????

My daughter has explained this to me, as she has recently graduated from college with a degree in written communication and Italian studies.

No, your OPINIONS fall under the jurisdiction of your editor who guides you in your writing abilities to fall within HIS journalistic standards....so that he and you don't get sued....

George Bernard Shaw

I write for two papers. One of them I am a featured political commentator. The other I am a featured reporter. The point is that I am constantly rubbing shoulders with other reporters, editors, advertisers, PR agents and the like. I too studied journalism in college. Discussions in news rooms often revolve around the different styles of journalism being practiced by different media outlets.