ClubAdventist is back!

Lies and Illogic about the Troopergate report

• Moderators

http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2008/10/12/davis/

Bare-faced lying on a simple factual matter from Rick Davis and Sarah Palin.

And some incoherence from the Republican spin machine: so is it that the report vindicated her, or that the report was a partisan hit-job? Maybe find one story and stick to it, because a partisan hit-job that vindicated her makes no sense.

Truth is important

Oh. I am disappointed. I clicked on this link thinking it was legit. I thought it was referring to the Clinton 'trooper gate'. But it is just the samo samo fabricated sexist attacks on Sarah Palin. If you want to know the REAL 'trooper gate' ... go back and study Bill Clinton. That was REAL.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Salon.com is not known for objective reporting. The whole "scandal" was cooked up be Palin's enemies before she was ever even selected to run for vice-president. The McCain team investigated it themselves before deciding on her. The state trooper that Palin supposedly wanted fired so bad still has his job. So if the head guy got fired for not firing the trooper, why didn't Palin replace him with someone that would?

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Administrators

Shane, I suppose that the fact that ABC News Reporter, Jake Tapper, reported the very same thing holds no weight for you in your quick draw, knee-jerk "Let's shoot the messenger" routine. Nice try in attempting to discredit the TRUTH about Caribou Barbie - but you lose on this one, on all counts.

The facts here are simple - Palin lied about the report. Rick Davis lied about the report and even after being called out on his lie, he repeated the same lie. They said that she had not violated any law. The report clearly said she DID violate the Alaska ethics laws.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

I am wrong? So this state trooper that she was trying to get fired doesn't still have his job? If it were me, and I had been in her place, he wouldn't still have his job. The guy was tazering his step-child. Any officer that uses his tazer on his kids should lose his badge forever as far as I am concerned.

I am wrong? So this state trooper that she was trying to get fired doesn't still have his job? If it were me, and I had been in her place, he wouldn't still have his job. The guy was tazering his step-child. Any officer that uses his tazer on his kids should lose his badge forever as far as I am concerned.

While this former brother-in-law might be the problem, she told his boss to fire him and he refused. So she fired him. She got some else in there, and HE REFUSED to fire the former BIL. She has no jurisdiction on that level. She may be his boss's boss, but he is the one that manages the force. To undermine that authority will resonate thru out the force and you will have a loss of policemen who refuse to work there due to politics....Conclusion of a bipartisan committee controled by the republicans: she abused her power. She's guilty. Is this report binding? No...But she chooses to say that they vindicated her....

I tell you again...this woman is scary....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

So. Let me get this right. You are saying that the Governor is not responsible for those under HER? Believe me ... if there was something wrong in the Bush Admin. ... you would go to the top and say that the President was responsible.

Look ... the governor could be sued and held responsible for the actions of those under her. It is HER state that she is governor of.

Neil. While ye be my friend ... I think you are one of those pirates that limp along with out a leg. For you don't have a leg to stand on ... Friend.

I believe in Hematology.

So. Let me get this right. You are saying that the Governor is not responsible for those under HER? Believe me ... if there was something wrong in the Bush Admin. ... you would go to the top and say that the President was responsible.

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Sounds like the Union is acting as the Governor of the State. Is that what you want? If I was Sarah ... I would nip this one in the bud.

I believe in Hematology.

You would then have every Union person from every state out inforce denouncing Sarah....That what YOU want???

George Bernard Shaw

• Moderators

You guys are still missing the point, or successfully redirecting the discussion. That the report comes from Salon is irrelevant. That the trooper still has his job is irrelevant.

Simple, clear, on the record facts:

1. The report says Palin was guilty of breaking an Alaskan statute.

2. Davis said the report found she was not guilty of breaking any law.

3. Palin said the report found she was not guilty of breaking any law.

If they want to dispute the findings of the commission, or the process, or whatever, that's OK. Directly lying about those findings is lying.

Come on, Republicans, party of personal responsibility and absolute, objective values. Will you call a lie a lie, if it comes from one of yours?

Truth is important

Sarah's emails indicated that this public safety director was guilty of insubordination involved with several issues unrelated to her ex brother-in-law. He was appointed by her and served at her pleasure. She was within her rights to dismiss him. If (follow this closely) she wanted her ex brother-in-law fired (like I would have) she would have appointed a new director that was willing to do just that. The fact is that her ex brother-in-law is still employed as a state trooper so there was obviously more going on that the former director just not firing someone that Sarah wanted him too.

The reason no law was broken is because no financial gain came to Sarah by dismissing the director. She gained nothing finacially or politically. Even the ex brother-in-law that she supposedly wanted fired did not lose his job due to the change. She gained nothing therefore there was no crime. The ethics statute states that there person involved in the action must gain something in order for the statute to be violated.

• Moderators

Still not the point. The report said she broke the law. She said that the report did not say that. She lied.

So I guess I have my answer on whether Republicans can hold on of their own to their standards.

Truth is important

• Administrators

You have to understand that what you are asking is impossible for the three little Republican monkeys - See NO Evil, Hear No Evil, and Speak No Evil - when it comes to anything about their candidate.

The only time those little monkeys take their hands away from their heads is to take a...uh...a break and fling poo at the other side...

But the polls show that the poo isn't sticking and everyone sees the three little monkeys have really dirty little hands...

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Still not the point. The report said she broke the law. She said that the report did not say that. She lied.

So I guess I have my answer on whether Republicans can hold on of their own to their standards.

The Report The Report The Report.

How many reports have you seen that were wrong. My goodness ... even the Supreme Court is wrong at times.

This is just ONE report.

I believe in Hematology.

Don't start comparin candidates to monkeys .... you might not like it if your side was compared to such.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Quote:
The Report The Report The Report.

How many reports have you seen that were wrong. My goodness ... even the Supreme Court is wrong at times.

This is just ONE report.

Yes, but again, the point is not whether the report is wrong or right. She is 100% fine to claim the report is wrong. But that's not what she did. She said that the report said something it didn't. It's lying. It's lying. Just acknowledge that it's lying. It's breaking the commandments. Or is that OK for Republicans?

Truth is important

Oh my. What can I say ... it speaks for itself.

I believe in Hematology.

I haven't read the "report." Could it be that the summery of the point claimed she broke the law without describing how she broke it? The discussion I have heard is that since she did not financially or politically benefit from terminating the guy she did not break the law.

That's the most clear no that I have seen. Clear to me.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Yes. Every bit. Our election was last November and the good guys won.

But that's still not a 'yes' or 'no' from you. When your favored politician lies and you cannot simply acknowledge that fact, there's something seriously wrong.

Truth is important

Are you as worried about Aussie politics as you are about our country? Sheesh

Oh Pleeeeeze Olger. We've been down this road before.

So stop the protestations.

I believe in Hematology.