ClubAdventist is back!

Lies and Illogic about the Troopergate report

But that's still not a 'yes' or 'no' from you. When your favored politician lies and you cannot simply acknowledge that fact, there's something seriously wrong.

And where were you when Clinton committed a felony?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

I immediately agreed that Clinton had lied. He was wrong to lie and he paid the price. (It's also ancient history - is every lying politician until the year 3000 to be excused by pointing at Clinton?)

The truth is important.

Truth is important

Just wonderin where you stood at the time. I found that most Demos blindly supported the most obvious of sins possible.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

One more time: she has the right to hire and fire. Finding Two of the report (which I've just been reading) explicitly says that.

Go to the site, read the findings, then come back and tell us whether it is a true statement that the report finds no law-breaking on the part of Sarah Palin.

Truth is important

• Moderators

Salon again, I'm sorry, but it does document, based on the report, that there was a months-long campaign, run out of the Governor's office and including a large number of people, to get Wooten fired. It's not that Sarah Palin simply fired Monegan for the grounds she claims. They had been in conflict for a long time over Wooten.

http://www.salon.com/opinion/kamiya/2008/10/14/troopergate/index.html

Truth is important

They had been in conflict for a long time over many issues, not just Wooten. Furthermore, if she wanted Wooten fired so badly why does he still have his job? It goes to show that she didn't gain anything by firing this Public Safety Commissioner. She didn't gain financially, politically nor did she get Wooten fired by doing it.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

One more time: she has the right to hire and fire. Finding Two of the report (which I've just been reading) explicitly says that.

Go to the site, read the findings, then come back and tell us whether it is a true statement that the report finds no law-breaking on the part of Sarah Palin.

I agree that she has the right to say "Fire him". But Union rules, of which our goverement employees and health care workers and teachers are a part of will not allow that without a hearing and at first disciplining. You can not be fired because you looked at your boss' boss wrong. A union representative needs/is available during the discipline process. Usually, it does NOT result in a firing unless, the person did something blatantly wrong. For policemen, it's a wrongful shooting. For teachers, it is usally child molestation. For healthcare workers, it's an accidental death thru drugs.

If the trooper has tazzered someone else's kid, he'd be out. But we don't know the circumstances he tazzered his own kid. The child could have been playing with the tazzer and as the trooper got it, it went off, gettting the kid...i donno...But as it was, it was not enough to get him fired for it. Disciplined, yes...Fired..no...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw