ClubAdventist is back!

Footsteps

I am glad that we have something to compare ...

Even if it is hair ...

For I dare to declare ...

That we make quite the pair.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• Bravus

• Dr. Shane

• Neil D

• Moderators

A hairy pair, even if fair

May perhaps overshare

To the ladies' despair

Since they often declare

That for it they don't care

So I guess we'll forebear

Truth is important

I think her hairy chested husband will suffice.

He qualifies as a He Man.

I believe in Hematology.

Well, if Obama wins he may be a good President. If he messes things up maybe Sarah can get the nomination and be on the top of the ticket.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

In these difficult times ... if Obama wins ... he will be blamed. And then Sarah can get in and save us.

I believe in Hematology.

In these difficult times ... if Obama wins ... he will be blamed. And then Sarah can get in and save us.

And the only way she will be able to pass the hairy chest test ... will be that her husband will live with her in the White House.

I believe in Hematology.

BTW ... If Obama wins ... will they have to rename the White House?

I believe in Hematology.

So much for dumb questions huh !!??

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
Palin is a ....

I’m giving the ladies a pass on this one; however, I note that one, jasd, has previously stated on these boards that too many mums in America failed to brass their son’s testaments. It’s most conspicuous manifestation being too often encountered not only here on these threads but generally among unpolished rubes – is the incessant and blepotard attacks upon Palin.

These forms of attack against a woman, moreover, an accomplished woman at that – bespeak unhealthy emotional obsessiveness... in these men. It’s like,

they feel threatened by a woman.

I can’t understand men who ‘jolly’ in running down a woman.

“Oh vái.” --Pogo

• Moderators

On the other hand, would it not be sexist to treat a candidate for Vice President of your great country with kid gloves solely because she's a woman? I agree that denigrating attacks like the one you cite are completely in appropriate (as are calls for Obama's death), but questioning her qualifications, both in terms of experience and judgement, for the role for which she is running seems only appropriate and sensible.

Truth is important

I have no doubt in my mind that Palin is more qualified to be President than Obama is. Obama really is still wet behind the ears. He may be the next President but I think he is going to be surrounded by the old guard of the Democratic establishment. His choice for VP shows that he is lacking the self-confidence needed to be his own man.

>>On the other hand, would it not be sexist to treat a candidate for Vice President of your great country with kid gloves solely because she's a woman?<<

I think the post, generally, turned upon the thuggery of ‘raw abuse’ rather than upon the issue of “kid gloves”.

>>I agree that denigrating attacks like the one you cite are completely in appropriate (as are calls for Obama's death),<<

I had narrowed the issue to where it concerned a woman; that said, I think I perceive an allusion in the above “(as are calls for Obama's death)”. I remind that the McCain/Palin ‘Townhall’ meetings are open to everyone – even to members of such as Acorn.

>>...but questioning her qualifications, both in terms of experience and judgement, for the role for which she is running seems only appropriate and sensible.<<

Biden himself, defined the Office of the Vice-President as being no more than a tie-breaking vote in the Senate. Not much required there according to ‘so-much-experience-yet-so-often-wrong-Biden’. That said,

...ahh, eminently sensible; however, I suggest that should one so suggest, then it becomes incumbent for the one doing so – to, applicably, intend that 'it cut both ways'. But there’s the rub, eh? we don’t. Obama is given a pass – which same pass should be more appropriately reserved for a woman re society’s sensitivities. It is simply a matter of consideration and good taste. Yet,

unimaginably, it has somehow become topsy-turvy and it is the woman who is pilloried and the genuinely unqualified re executive experience – who skates.

’over the waves and très jolie! tra-la, tra-la’ – how telling.

His choice for VP shows that he is lacking the self-confidence needed to be his own man.

I don't agree with that at all. I think it speaks highly of a man (or woman) to be confident enough to surround themselves with people who aren't afraid to disagree with them - unlike the current administration that values group think and loyalty above all else.

I fully believe Obama is his own man and will make his own decisions. Hey, a man who isn't afraid to be the most liberal member of the Senate must have a lot of self confidence.

I have no doubt in my mind that Palin is more qualified to be President than Obama is. Obama really is still wet behind the ears. He may be the next President but I think he is going to be surrounded by the old guard of the Democratic establishment. His choice for VP shows that he is lacking the self-confidence needed to be his own man.

Wow!............

Obama is a Harvard Lawyer, law professor, head up a full volunteer organization to help the poor of Chicago....and you think a $1.2 million dollar soccor mom, who upset the Republican ol' boys gubernatorial network in Alaska is more qualified to head the nation's capital....Wow! I think that the Alaskans are so desperate in electing a qualified person that they didn't look very hard at Palin. Now they have seen her, and they don't like her politics. If she and McCAin lose, I think she will go into obscurity...

Two hours after her rally in Alaska, there was a 2nd rally, an Anti-Pallin rally....Here it is on Snopes.com

Pictures and story and video available.

Major Media was kind to her and it did not get into main media...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:
Obama is a Harvard Lawyer, law professor

That is not to his credit. Lawyers are in one of the least admired professions in America. I hold mechanics, janitors, plumbers, gardeners, painters, cooks, waitresses and sanitary workers in higher esteem than lawyers. Of course there are some good lawyers, many within the Adventist church. But as a group, lawyers are not deserving of our respect.

Sarah Palin has been a small-business owner. She has also been the chair of the Alaska Conservation Commission and the Interstate Oil and Gas Compact Commission. I think she can pretty much write her own ticket. It will just depend on what she wants to do. I think she could easily run for the US Senate and later for President if that is what she wants to do. It depends more on her desires than options - the options are open.

• Moderators

Lawyers are in one of the least admired professions in America.

But you can't deny that it takes brains, dedication, and hard work to become a lawyer.

Which cannot be said for any of your "admired" professions.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

The lawyers I hold the most respect for a criminal prosecutors, defense attorneys and family law. Civil litigators go after other people's money as if they are entitled to it. They take 1/3 of the settlement. They drive up the cost of goods and services - especially health care. In fact, they are one of the principle reasons we have a health care crisis in this country. They drive the cost of insurance up by going after insurance companies like poor folks play the lottery. They put thousands of business out of business each year. A small percentage of civil lawsuits have merits but the vast majority are simply the result of hungry lawyers hunting up business. I view the prostitute walking the street with more esteem than I view lawyers advertising on TV.

Quote:
But you can't deny that it takes brains, dedication, and hard work to become a lawyer.

Which cannot be said for any of your "admired" professions.

Some of the smartest and most ambitious people I have met are mechanics, janitors, plumbers, gardeners, painters, cooks, waitresses and sanitary workers. My dad was a butcher and my mother a waitress.

Some of the smartest and most ambitious people I have met are mechanics, janitors, plumbers, gardeners, painters, cooks, waitresses and sanitary workers. My dad was a butcher and my mother a waitress.

I am surprized at you, Shane. Sometimes you can come up with the most profound things and have no idea of the thinking process....You remind me of the man who is able to hit a home run, and forgets to touch the home plate.

Jeannie is a lawyer who comes here from time to time. Such a low opinion of her posts and of her profession is shameful, even by your standards.

But I bet she can tell you that professors with law degrees are people not to be trifled and definately not envied. They have a room full of sharp wanna be lawyers and the professor has to out think them all. Obama is from that group.

Thank goodness as I sure don't want some simplton in the White House staring down the educated Putin, or the chairman from China. Heaven forbid that we have some soccor mom, who left her home town in a million dollar debt, trying to out smart one of the Teliban Leaders or figure out a peace accord between Isreal and the Middle East. We already had a "good ol' boy" in the White House. And he has the lowest popularity in many a year...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:
Jeannie is a lawyer who comes here from time to time. Such a low opinion of her posts and of her profession is shameful, even by your standards.

We need Adventist lawyers. There is little doubt about that. However that is not to say that just because we need them and that they exist, that they, all by themselves, can change the entire legal profession. Adventist lawyers are a light shining in darkness. The saying is that everybody hates lawyers until they need one. There is a place for lawyers and it is an important place. However what seems to have happened is that there are too many lawyers so there are not enough noble causes for all of them to fight for. So in order to keep their doors open they have to dig up frivolous lawsuits in hopes of hitting their lottery.

Obama being a law professor speaks more of his charity than his intelligence. Lawyers can make more money in the courtroom than the classroom. I had to take two law classes in college and both of my professors in those classes had their own practice and taught at the university as a way of contributing something to the community. In that respect, Obama teaching law is commendable.

there are too many lawyers so there are not enough noble causes for all of them to fight for.

There will always be more than enough noble causes to fight for. That is not the problem.

• Administrators
reyes

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

reyes

Back at ya Tom.

(P.S. I am looking forward to Nov.4 when I can return to appreciating your posts . They will improve after the election won't they?)

I believe in Hematology.