ClubAdventist is back!

Footsteps

Originally Posted By: Shane

Lawyers are in one of the least admired professions in America.

But you can't deny that it takes brains, dedication, and hard work to become a lawyer.

Which cannot be said for any of your "admired" professions.

Oh really..?? dat true?

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• Bravus

• Dr. Shane

• carolaa

Originally Posted By: Shane

Lawyers are in one of the least admired professions in America.

But you can't deny that it takes brains, dedication, and hard work to become a lawyer.

Which cannot be said for any of your "admired" professions.

I'm sorry ... but I just can't believe what I am reading.

I do hope you will modify that one.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

(P.S. I am looking forward to Nov.4 when I can return to appreciating your posts . They will improve after the election won't they?)

I guess that will depend upon whether McCain or Obama get the job, wouldn't it?

Of course, if McCain gets the job, Tom and me might be up for poking at the republican PR machine....

...and I am sure the Adventist live-life-in-a-box crowd will be forced to think outside the box if Obama gets the presidency...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:
and I am sure the Adventist live-life-in-a-box crowd will be forced to think outside the box if Obama gets the presidency...

I am going to move to the mountains and find a box to live in if Obama becomes prez. Perhaps I should cry for the rocks to fall on me.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

>>They have a room full of sharp wanna be lawyers and the professor has to out think them all. Obama is from that group.<<

Some lecturers think themselves, or are ‘stylized’, Professors.

>>Thank goodness as I sure don't want some simplton in the White House staring down the educated Putin,<<

Yet, the lefters are all Hoo-Hah about a guy who has less Executive experience that that “soccer mom” – speaking of which – she doesn’t seem to have problems facing-down all the ‘intellectually elite’s’ venom. Brava. That said,

I sometimes am absolutely gobsmacked to listen to all the lefter rants re Dubya and his simplemindedness –whilst on the other hand – they attribute all manner of intellectual prowess to someone who, though absolutely unproven, heads his ticket. Compared to Obama, Dubya is a Statesman.

There is, inarguably, a horrible disconnect endemic the left. Moreover,

it is ‘simple’ to suggest that a Guvnor is a simpleton. Why, it is even supposed that the Guvnors of those seven States known only to Obama – must have some ability other than those most of us, seemingly – possess.

>>...or the chairman from China.<<

Yet, the lefter embraces Biden despite his lying to the American people no less than 14 times during the VP Debate. What kind of a guy is it who thinks so little of the electorate’s ability to rationalize that he would blatantly lie – as I’ve said, 14 times during his debate with a so-called “soccer mom”?

Yeah, what would the “chairman from China” think of a guy who dissembles in the midst of grave matters? He’d think him, same as myself, that the ‘guy’ is a coupla greasy-fries short of a happy meal.

What drives a man to so, willy-nilly, lie during a debate?

>>Heaven forbid that we have some soccor mom, who left her home town in a million dollar debt,<<

Try this: Palin eliminated Property Taxes. She shifted the burden of cost accounting to all of the town’s residents and businesses – not simply property owners. Seems eminently fair to me.

As far as the “million dollar debt” – it was actually much more – like, closer to 17 or so million dollar$. Those ‘debt dollar$’ were voted for by the people of Wasilla. They voted to float bonds for City Improvement. Seems as though those living in Wasilla wished-to, ultimately, be the underwriters that guaranteed that debt – in order to improve their city. It shouldn’t be the business of outside busybodies.

>>...trying to out smart one of the Teliban Leaders or figure out a peace accord between Isreal and the Middle East.<<

Umm, the election is between McCain and Obama. There is no argument that McCain is more qualified to deal with sundry types as “Putin”, “chairman from China”, “Teliban Leaders”, “Isreal and the Middle East”, or other ‘friends’ and enemies. There is only the argument re the cognizance of the majority of the American voting public – who, presently, seem to have been made mad – that the gods might destroy them. [/understated]

>>We already had a "good ol' boy" in the White House. And he has the lowest popularity in many a year...<<

Just goes to the ability of MSM to mindf the public. Anyway, the Democrat Majority Congress is esteemed less than even – ol’ Dubya. What’s THAT?

Anyway, that “good ol’ boy” earned a Bachelor’s degree in History from Yale – he then went on to earn a MBA from the Harvard Business School.

Both Harvard and Yale consistently rank in the top 5 American Universities; moreover, Harvard Business School is probably the most internationally regarded Business School.

Quote:
and I am sure the Adventist live-life-in-a-box crowd will be forced to think outside the box if Obama gets the presidency...

I am going to move to the mountains and find a box to live in if Obama becomes prez. Perhaps I should cry for the rocks to fall on me.

What??? YOu mean you are not going to move to Canada?

That's what a lot of liberals did [according to some conservatives]....

Actually, I should hate to see you move to the mountains if Obama becomes the President. I would tend to think that if you did that, you just might actually grow poppies.....And I really don't want your brain addled....

Besides, I've been dealing with Shane for the last 8 years...and you are much more fun to make fun of than he is.... biglaughreyes

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw