ClubAdventist is back!

The Obama Message

There is not enough cyber space for me to tell you what you are.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tammy

• carolaa

• Woody

• Neil D

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You see that baseball bat in Laz's hands...Me thinks you had better clear this post up real quick.....Cuz it don look good, Lucy...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Yiks. I can feel the wind breezin by. That bat if flying clear across the continent.

I believe in Hematology.

Yiks. I can feel the wind breezin by. That bat if flying clear across the continent.

Care to clear up your intent and explain this post-

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Moderators

I don't know why y'all don't understand that that bat is a just a symbol of any leader's most effective management tools.....positive enforcement......!!

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

I am feelin very positive right now ...

I believe in Hematology.

I don't know why y'all don't understand that that bat is a just a symbol of any leader's most effective management tools.....positive enforcement......!!

I wasn't aware that management included pounding ideas into people's heads as an effective tool....

I always thought that effective managment was to let the other's think that it was THEIR idea in the first place....and behavior followed...hopefully..

George Bernard Shaw

CoAspen, perhaps you can answer a question for me that I've wondered about for a long, long time. One of the beliefs of the SDA church is the Spirit of Prophecy. I don't understand why people join the church who believe as you do, that it is only the Bible that is Inspired? Why not join another Sabbath keeping church that doesn't claim to have the Gift of Prophecy? Please tell me....I've never been able to figure this out.

When the character of Christ shall be perfectly reproduced in His people, then He will come to claim them as His own. {COL 69}

The Narrow Way Ministires

5464 State Road

Kingsville, OH 44048

choose_the_narrow_way@yahoo.com

• Administrators

...I don't understand why people join the church who believe as you do...Please tell me....I've never been able to figure this out.

Tammy, the very same could be said about you. In fact that was my immediate reaction when I read this in one of your posts:

Originally Posted By: Tammy
It honestly makes me ashamed to be an Adventist today.

If you are ashamed of the Adventist Church, and seem to be able to find nothing but fault with it, why do you stay?

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

CoAspen, perhaps you can answer a question for me that I've wondered about for a long, long time. One of the beliefs of the SDA church is the Spirit of Prophecy. I don't understand why people join the church who believe as you do, that it is only the Bible that is Inspired? Why not join another Sabbath keeping church that doesn't claim to have the Gift of Prophecy? Please tell me....I've never been able to figure this out.

Ah, the ol' "It's MY church. You ain't following the rules as I see them. Get the heck out." arguement, eh?...

The problem Tammy is that it's our church too.

We are far more conservative that you could ever be.We believe EGW, very much so. It's just that everytime we look at her, we see much more compassion, much more kindness, much more mercy extended than what you are capable of showing...The result is that we are far more human as God designed us to be, than what you, a legalistic rule follower are capable of showing...and because of that pharasictical outlook, your type gives my church a bad name...

Is that clear enough for you?

George Bernard Shaw

1. This is the "politics thread" not the "What do Adventist's believe" thread -- so you are going to get every argument under the sun here -- don't look for nothing but doctrinal correctness on a nothing but politics thread.

2. All Doctrine has to be proven "sola Scriptura" even by Ellen White's standard.

3. You are correct that the 28 Fundamental beliefs DO affirm the work and ministry of Ellen White and you are correct in honoring the Bible doctrine of "Perseverance of the saints" as we see in Rom 2:7 regarding those who "Persevere in doing good".

4. God does not care what excuses people use to vote against the value of human life and to vote against the sanctity of marriage -- the Lev 18 curses stand without appeal. And as pointed out in Lev 18 - God applies them to non-Christian non-Bible nations as well as an outright theocracy. As much as people would hope that "excuses will work" -- as it turns out - they don't.

This is why Ellen White urged the church to vote "on Sabbath if need be" for these moral issues. That is why she points to the TWO foundational principles of the LAMB of America to be "PROTESTANTISM" and "Republicanism".

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

...I don't understand why people join the church who believe as you do...Please tell me....I've never been able to figure this out.

Tammy, the very same could be said about you. In fact that was my immediate reaction when I read this in one of your posts:

It honestly makes me ashamed to be an Adventist today.

If you are ashamed of the Adventist Church, and seem to be able to find nothing but fault with it, why do you stay?

Good Point Tom. While I am not on the same side as ye on the political issue. I can agree with this point. Both conservatives and liberals can find a home in this church. EGW was "a source of truth" and there are many in our church. Many great authors. And all of them including EGW ... point to the Bible as the sole authority. EGW said that if you can't find what she says in the Bible ... then to toss it. ANd that is what we need to do.

I believe in Hematology.