ClubAdventist is back!

'Obama Believers', the theological aspects of the Obama campaign....

• Moderators

Then you are still somewhat clueless as I suspected.

Well, I'm privileged to be posting alongside someone with the kindness to share his profound wisdom and knowledge in the gracious fashion that you do.

Quote:

There is as much outrage over anyone dragging even a single child over to an abortion clinic and murdering them in Iraq as in America. In fact that is one of the reasons that America wanted to stop Saddam from doing that.

The war was about saving Americans from the use of WMD not saving Iraqi children.

Quote:
And WHY were all the liberals in America and islamicists world-wide SO SILENT about the human rights abuses - murder abuse and torture of women and children in IRAQ -- before the war???

They were not. You are wrong.

A brave few, from across the political spectrum, told the truth. Organizations such as Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch, Medecins Sans Frontieres and Physicians for Human Rights spared no effort on behalf of Halabja's victims. The same was true of writers such as William Safire, Christopher Hitchens, Michael Ignatieff, Edward Mortimer and Gwynne Roberts.

Politicians and personalities such as U.S. Senators Claiborne Pell, Jesse Helms and Al Gore, British MP Anne Clywd, Madame Danielle Mitterrand and Dr. Bernard Kouchner stood up for the victims with compassion and outrage. In the United States, Dr. Najmaldin Karim, and Ambassador Peter Galbraith, then a congressional staffer, battled the indifference of the foreign policy elite.

http://www.puk.org/web/htm/news/nws/howar050317.html

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• Tammy

• carolaa

• lazarus

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

It's a possibility in the same way that Bush could have been the one.

Like most Presidents, when faced with a crisis they will do whatever it takes to fix it. I believe Bush genuinely tried to respond in the best interests of the USA after 911. He went as far as invading Afghanistan, Iraq, dumping Habeus Corpus, etc. I don't think he is evil he just made some bad decisions based on a flawed ideology and had an incompetent team.

Obama may make the same costly blunders when faced with acute challenges. I hope not. I don't think his popularity makes him more likely to pass Sunday laws.

I think the fear of Obama's popularity comes from a misunderstanding of who the Antichrist will be.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

I think the fear of Obama's popularity comes from a misunderstanding of who the Antichrist will be.

Who's fearful? I wish he would be "the one" to help push the law through.

This is an interesting thread. The worldwide fervor over Obama is breathtaking. Do you think he could be the one to push the Sunday laws?

I suppose that could be true. He is SO popular that many of his followers would do anything for him.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
If he is, he can thank W for making it easy.

Can you please explain to me how he did that?

Norman

The unconditional pardon of sin never has been, and never will be. PP 522

1) building/operating secret prisons, both inside and outside the U.S. (I know he's not the first one to do this)

2) supporting torture and setting aside habeas corpus and the Constitution and expanding the executive powers

3) assigning more troops to serve specifically inside the U.S.

4) wiretapping and protecting the communication companies

5) approving a million people to be listed as suspected terrorists

5) approving search and seizure of groups who question the government

6) exacerbating the housing crisis by tying the hands of 50 state governors who were trying to protect their citizens from predatory lendors

7) pushing the corporate welfare bailout which puts the money and power in even fewer hands than before

These are just the ones off the top of my head of ways W has set things up to easily take care of people who are deemed to be enemies of the state, while everyone else is too concerned about their finances to cause any trouble. If Obama has a mind to make a Sunday law, he could hardly have inherited a better scenario.